PDA

View Full Version : If you are a Maynard fan...

ToursbabeC3po
01-18-2006, 06:04 PM
I put together a little picture movie for me and my kids for fun it is about 1 minute long. Enjoy and happy Wednesday:~D
http://www.youtube.com/?v=CGn0qmxHO5A

Opus1guy
01-18-2006, 06:28 PM
What fun!

:)

RStar
01-19-2006, 06:08 AM
That's cool! You did a great job!

Everytime I go to Disneyland I look for Manyard. I never see him, and I go nearly every week.

The only time I saw him was before I knew who he was. It was the Haunted Mansion. I remember saying "Wow, this guy is GOOD!" then after I heard about him and saw his picture I realised that's who I saw.

I wish I could find out where is his working ahead of time so I can go visit him. I heard he was "Land locked" like evryone else, but is he in Adventureland? I think he is best in the Haunted Mansion!

~Bob

PrincessLeia
01-19-2006, 06:29 AM
If you ask at guest services will they tell you if a particular CM is working that day? and where they are stationed?

Gramiangel420
01-19-2006, 06:55 AM
This was very cute. Thank you for sharing it with us!:)

ToursbabeC3po
01-19-2006, 07:51 AM
He has been doing guest control at night for the parade and fireworks. No guest relations (Next to great moments) will not let you know if a cast member is working. I am happy you all enjoyed the pictures it was fun to make :-)

I Heart Disneyland!
01-19-2006, 09:17 AM
That was really well done Toursbabe!!! :)

TowerofTerror
01-19-2006, 02:21 PM
Wow I love Maynard its will be ashame to see him retire

TENORDRUMMER
01-19-2006, 02:30 PM
I see him all the time at the Lincoln theater working the 50th Anniversary film with Steve Martin. He has been the host in the theater many a time.

mi_mous
01-20-2006, 08:40 PM
How fun is that!? I will have to look for him now. Great job on the video!

disneyperson
01-21-2006, 01:19 PM
Thanks, that was fun. He's been super busy with crowd control the past few times we've visited. I miss seeing his Evil Twin at the HM.

I Heart Disneyland!
01-21-2006, 02:17 PM
I thought some of you (not you who have posted, but, maybe others?) said he was creepy. I've never seen him myself, even in all of my years of going there. He looks to be perfectly harmless and fun!

ToursbabeC3po
01-21-2006, 02:26 PM
I think creepy is the wrong word. He is a little nuts but most people in the entertainment industry are. He is very creative and he is so good with the guest. He sure makes our day when we see him!!! My son almost never smiles and as you can see from the pictures he has a big smile on his face!!!! I have seen people say they don't like him as well and most of them are cast members that get irratated because guest ask for him all the time.

Mommy2NicknMax
01-21-2006, 02:26 PM
That was great!! Thanks for sharing it! :)

TowerofTerror
01-21-2006, 02:29 PM
The guy is cool I like to say hi to whenever I'm there.:cool:

tink360
01-21-2006, 02:31 PM
I don't think he's creepy at all. His evil twin at the HM is a little scary-funny, but you know it's all in good fun & good show. I've seen him at HM, and the enchanted tiki room. I have never managed to be on his boat at Adventureland, unfortunately.

He's the absolute best, you are in for a treat if you do manage to cross paths with him.

dsnyredhead
01-22-2006, 07:51 AM
I've had the rare opportunity to sit down and have a late snack with Maynard off-campus and I have to say that as crazy as he seems on stage, he's actually quite a nice regular guy who just has a sense of humor in real-life. He's harmless and fun.

MsYumiBr
01-26-2006, 04:58 AM
When they did the Halloween event where we had *fog* in NOS and the pirates *came to life* in the POC, Maynard was the host at the HM and I had not experienced being nervous on that attraction since I was little. He played that role perfectly and I loved the fact that he made a 30 year old ride come back to life again for me. Thanks Maynard!

Thanks Toursbabe for the little video reminding me of it too!

mkraemer
01-26-2006, 08:21 AM
A nice little movie! Thanks for sharing!! Maynard is a hoot, and we adore him!