PDA

View Full Version : Monsters Inc official opening - Red Carpet

Alex S.
01-18-2006, 01:25 PM
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere, but the Monsters, Inc. attraction officially opens this Sunday (that was already announced).

From noon to two, on Sunday there will be red carpet celebrity arrivals in DCA (don't know who or how "major" they'll be). So if you like the celeb sightings you might want to check it out.

It looks like the back area of Hollywood Pictures Backlot (at least) will be closed from noon to park closing, since there will be a series of parties back there all afternoon (unless they keep them contained inside Hollywood & Vine). We don't know what kind of ceremony they'll have for the official opening and who will be able to see it.

TowerofTerror
01-19-2006, 02:19 PM
Wow so that sound exciting thanks for the news. That mean the official opening for the ride less 4 day away.

stan4d_steph
01-20-2006, 08:43 AM
Anyone have guesses on celebs to attend? I would guess Billy Crystal and John Goodman were both invited.

cstephens
01-20-2006, 11:16 AM
Bummer. No Boo for me on Sunday.

Lani
01-20-2006, 12:57 PM
Meg Tilly? Jobs?

Alex S.
01-22-2006, 03:04 PM
It was pretty small time. The biggest stars on hand were Jon Voigt and Lisa Kudrow. Otherwise mostly ABC and Disney TV people.

Nobody from the movie's cast or Pixar walked the carpet (I suppose it is people some just skipped it for the party media wasn't allowed into).

HorizonsA
01-22-2006, 11:20 PM
That picture of those two kids from that Suite Life show, they really need a bad haircut. Looking at the pictures, I thought I was looking at two little girls till I saw the caption.

stan4d_steph
01-23-2006, 07:20 AM
FYI, pictures are up in today's MousePlanet DL Update (http://mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl060123xx).

cstephens
01-23-2006, 12:01 PM
Did anyone take a picture of the sign on Hollywood Blvd. telling guests that Monsters and Muppetvision would be closed on Sunday? Disney *still* hasn't hired a spellchecker...

Did anyone see/hear about Matthew Fox being there? Someone said they thought he was at DCA on Sunday.

Alex S.
01-23-2006, 12:42 PM
Yes, spellchecking still stinks, especially on temporary stuff (and a lot of those signs were particularly temporary having been blown over and broken overnight.

There is one prominent typo inside the Monsters, Inc., queue that is perhaps a joke but if so I don't get it.

As for Matthew Fox, if he was there I didn't notice him, but there were several people that walked quickly down the carpet without much attention. At one point the publicist behind me said "is that the guy from Lost?" I'm not 100% sure of who she was talking about, but the guy I thought she was talking about ended up being Dominic Purcell from Prison Break.

cstephens
01-23-2006, 01:26 PM
There is one prominent typo inside the Monsters, Inc., queue that is perhaps a joke but if so I don't get it.

Yeah, we saw that, and we were figuring/hoping they were going for the joke rather than it being a mistake. Even though it's still grammatically incorrect, it's a play off the fact that Mike only has one eye.

Darkbeer
01-23-2006, 11:52 PM
Here is the sign in question....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1147219/37/53544568/Large

And then there is the "typo" in Monsters, Inc.

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1147219/42/53574021/Large

Gone2Disneyland
01-24-2006, 07:03 AM
I haven't been on the Monsters Inc. ride yet, but a friend of mine has and she brought up the "len" word. It's funny to read about it here now. I think the fact that we rationalized that it was an intentional joke rather than a missed typo is somewhat telling, that maybe it wasn't the cleverest of jokes to have left standing for posterity...? And we saw the "Vison" sign typo on Sunday too; that annoyed me as well.

Or maybe we speling-conshush Diznee fanz shud jus liten up? :p

Or knot.