PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Pier Hotel concierge rooms

Gilliegrl
01-18-2006, 12:38 PM
I all...I love this site you all provide a wealth of information. Having said that, Ive already booked our dates for April and we are staying at PP again and doing concierge level again. Ive only stayed in the cabana rooms and was wondering if anyone as done concierge on any of the view levels? The cabana rooms are slightly larger, so the reservationist said and they have the balcony to sit out on and go straight to the pool. But Im just wondering if maybe we should try a view room? Any ideas??

hlbtimes2
01-18-2006, 12:49 PM
We were there in Oct. We had a great room (2 actually) on the 14th floor. Great view of DCA. One morning my 3 year old son and I were up early enough that we watched the sun come up over the mountains. It was so pretty. It was also fun to be able to watch the matainence people working early in the AM getting the park ready.

Our room was large enough. We had 2 queen beds, a desk/table, a sofa, and the entertainment center that held the tv and fridge.

Gilliegrl
01-19-2006, 05:22 AM
Thanks Linda...the stuff in the room sounds just like whats on the third floor. I think the only advantage of the 3rd floor is that you walk right out to the pool and have the patio area, which can make a room feel bigger because it opens to the outside instead of the wall. Also you are only one floor off of the concierge lounge, however, we spent so much time riding up and down in the glass elevator this summer. Im thinking my 3 and 6 year old might like a view. In the grand scheme of things I guess this shouldnt be such a big worry but considering the money you spend I dont want to be dissappointed. I know what to expect from the 3rd floor :)

I guess I can always wait until check in and if they dont have a higher floor with park view see if cabana rooms are still available.

Thanks for your feedback I appreciate it.

SeansMom
01-24-2006, 05:09 PM
What exactly is the cabana room? And is the "rooftop" pool on the third floor? I've been wondering about the PP hotel...never stayed there, but it is certainly cheaper!

Gilliegrl
01-24-2006, 06:48 PM
Yes the Cabana rooms are the rooms on the third floor. They are the ones facing the poolside and they have a balcony and walk way that takes you straight to the pool area. This is also where to go to watch the fireworks as the music is piped in so you hear the sounds as well as see the sites without the crowds. This will be my third trip to the pp and I was so worried the first time, heck each time. I used to live near disneyland and could never see myself paying the price to stay on property. We are now in the bay area and both times that Ive went Ive throroughly enjoyed it.