PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions [Libby Lu and character meals]

cfrith
01-17-2006, 05:20 PM
What is Libbylu? and...are there any character dinners that are not in the park (at one of the hotels?) which one is the best and what is the time frame they run? We want to go to one the evening we arrive in Anaheim around 7pm or so. Thanks!!

mckygirl99
01-17-2006, 05:29 PM
What is Libbylu?

Libby Lu is a make-over store for young girls. I have been there several times with my 5 year old. The girls can make their own lip glosses and body lotions. We have made our own t-shirts as well. They sell very cute clothing and accessory items. If you have an AP, you get a discount on merchandise but not the make-overs.

They have a website that I believe is libbylu.com but am not completely sure. If you do decide to do a make-over, be sure to get a reservation but now they make you pre pay over the phone.

Susan L
01-17-2006, 06:52 PM
There are character meals at the DLH, Goofy's Kitchen. At the PPH, the PCH Grill. At the GCH, Storytellers. We like Goofy's Kitchen the best, it has great character interaction.

hlbtimes2
01-17-2006, 07:05 PM
There are two character dinners. One in the park, Ariels in DCA, and Goofys at the DL hotel. The others are all breakfast meals.

MsYumiBr
01-18-2006, 11:42 AM
Aren't they still having Mickey & Friends at Plaza Inn? And what about the Paradise Pier, is it with Lilo and Stich? Okay, maybe just Lilo.

Also, you don't want to do Club Libby Lu at night unless you want to spend all that time and effort just to go to sleep. It also leaves glitter everywhere, which the girls love. It takes about an hour (don't forget shopping and waiting for your Club person to be ready for you, even when you have an appointment). So, don't make an appointment with Club Libbylu at 8:30 and then breakfast at Goofy's at 10:00. Too stressful.

hlbtimes2
01-18-2006, 11:44 AM
Aren't they still having Mickey & Friends at Plaza Inn? And what about the Paradise Pier, is it with Lilo and Stich? Okay, maybe just Lilo.

Yes, they have those for breakfast. The OP was asking for a dinner option.

StyledSugar
01-18-2006, 12:19 PM
http://www.clublibbylu.com/home.aspx

There's the link for it. It gives prices and different makeover options. Sounds like a fun thing to do with my daughter!

MsYumiBr
01-18-2006, 12:27 PM
If you haven't done it, you will get there and wish you had made a reservation. I saw a group of over-dressed, over make-up'd little girls (6 year olds), and it was a little :eek: but the kids were having a great time so what the heck. My girls are older and complained A-LOT about not wanting to do it until they had it done to make mommy happy and they realized they had a great time! Now my older one (12) who was doing most of the complaining wants a refill on her chocolate bath soap.:rolleyes:

Bolivar
01-18-2006, 01:30 PM
If you ask my eight-year-old daughter her favorite ride at Disneyland, she says without hesitation, “the Libby Lu store!” My son wouldn’t even stand outside the store, he had be across the way no where near it.

Unfortunately the best character meal for a little girl is inside DCA at Ariel’s Grotto. All the Disney princesses come around to your table.

°o°