PDA

View Full Version : Early Entry Questions [merged]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

TDBearGrrl
01-17-2006, 12:57 PM
Is Early Entry still available for DLR hotel guests? What days?

Thanks!!

hlbtimes2
01-17-2006, 01:26 PM
Mon, Tues, Thru. and Saturday. As far as I know it is still offered for hotel guests. I havent heard anyone say it wasnt.

lbrackjo
01-17-2006, 01:52 PM
It was still the policy last week.

TDBearGrrl
01-17-2006, 02:07 PM
Thanks muchly!!!

disneylandlvr13
01-19-2006, 05:17 PM
i was wondering about approx wat time u should arrive if using early entry...the day we r using early entry a thurs...the park opens at 9..soo early entry at 8..wat time should we arrive to get a good spot in line?? and im sry if there is already to topic on this..:confused:

momuvseven
01-19-2006, 06:38 PM
For early entry we have found it is best to be in line about thirty minutes beforehand. The days we have done it EE is at 0700 so we have been there by 0630. Kids slept in their clothes and we walked to the park in the dark from our hotel. Kids thought this was great fun! Once we got our place in line we took turns using the restrooms that are nearby. We also find this to be a good time to apply sunscreen and eat an early snack. It is best to target one area of the park that you would really enjoy. They do not open everything for EE, usually just Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. LAst time it seemed like everyone ran for Space Mountain. We hit the rockets, Buzz and Star Tours while DH went to get fast passes for later (seems like he found them closed, can't remember now). We then went to Fantasyland (dumbo, carosel, casey jones train, tea cups and more) and went on the Bobsleds. 0800 found us first in line for the Story book Canal boats. As I recall we then went a few rounds on Small World and around the park on the train. By the time we went to our character breakfast at 0945 we had all been on dozens of rides without waiting. That was on 12/31/05 one of the busiest days of the year!
Now if we had joined the herd for Space Mountain chances are we would not have gone on anything else that morning. We were there the week between Christmas and New Years and we never made it on Space Mountain, everytime DH tried for fast passes they were long gone. We just decided we would wait for our next trip because the kids prefer to go on lots and lots of rides and we don't like to deal with them when we have to wait too long.

momuvseven

lbrackjo
01-19-2006, 06:43 PM
On a recent Monday EE we arrived at 15 to EE and found we were about 50 people back in one of 6 lines. By about EE tiem the lines were double that. so either about 15 or more minutes early or 10 minutes late . Do Not arrive more than 30 minutes late or you'll mix in with regular park entry into Main Street and have to work through that group to get to the EE entry point at the rope.

pisces
01-19-2006, 07:05 PM
I've arrived at 6:30 for 7:00 am EE. I noticed that by 6:40....the shuttles must dump a pile of people at the gates; because, by that time, the lines back up.

6:30, or 6:35, is safe if it's going to be a crowded day.

pfalcioni
01-20-2006, 08:15 AM
Hello - I'm a longtime lurker and first time poster here.

We're planning a short trip to Disneyland next week, and I'll be getting the 3-Day parkhopper that includes one early entry.

We've never done early entry - and I tried to find more info on it in the disney site, but there's nothing!

In reading the forums here, it looks like EA is offered Friday, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday? Is this correct?

Do they ALWAYS offer early entry on those days of the week, or do they sometimes not have it? Is there a calendar for EA anywhere?

Also, is it an hour before regular entry time? Where do you go, is it a special gate? Do I just bring our regular parkhopper ticket, or do I need to bring anything else?

Thanks in advance - the Mouseplanet forums are great - I always find awesome info and advice here!

Pam

MsYumiBr
01-20-2006, 08:26 AM
I don't know if I'm the best one to answer this one but I hope others can confirm if I'm right because this is the information I have.

EE is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
You get in one hour before the park is scheduled to open.
You line up at the gate on the right of the rest of the gates, the one with the longest line. It'll be the one with a CM at the gate that is there early. Oh, and EE is consistent because of the 3-day promotion and vacation packages.

pfalcioni
01-20-2006, 08:31 AM
Thanks MsYumibr - that helps alot!

I've already read here on other threads to get there early!

hlbtimes2
01-20-2006, 11:54 AM
We hit the rockets, Buzz and Star Tours while DH went to get fast passes for later (seems like he found them closed, can't remember now).

Your memory is correct. Fastpass is not available before the park opens.

LLevy
01-27-2006, 10:25 AM
Sorry everyone- but I cannot find current info

what mornings are early entry at Disneyland? we are going to be there the afternoon of saturday the 11th and sunday and monday...

LJL

Wendi
01-27-2006, 10:29 AM
I'm pretty sure it's Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday... I'll be corrected if that's not right!

stan4d_steph
01-27-2006, 10:31 AM
Mod. Note: Threads merged.

EE is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

You get in one hour before the park is scheduled to open.

You line up at the gate on the right of the rest of the gates, the one with the longest line. It'll be the one with a CM at the gate that is there early.

infinite
01-27-2006, 10:38 AM
We usually arrive a few minutes after EE starts (say if early entry is 8;00, we arrive at 8:05), and walk right in, and walk on every ride we would like to.

Gymgirl975
02-23-2006, 09:12 AM
Just wanted to confirm that it is still Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturdays?

I read on another board that it had changed---so I wanted to see if that was still it. I made dining reservations planning on this schedule (Wednesday being our sleep-in until 8:30, character breakfast at 9, DCA at 10 day).

Quinten27
02-23-2006, 10:27 AM
We're going down there in a couple weeks and the package we booked included one Toontown EE, and one Fantasy Land EE.

The Toontown one is valid on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.

The Fantasyland one is valid on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Not sure if that helps or not, but that is all the info I have.

JDBlair
02-23-2006, 05:42 PM
I received our vacation package today from WDTC for Disneyland and Early Entry is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday. My only question is: What time is early entry?

Malcon10t
02-23-2006, 06:43 PM
I received our vacation package today from WDTC for Disneyland and Early Entry is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday. My only question is: What time is early entry?
One hour before the park opens. Sometimes 90 mins. If the park opens at 8am, EE is 7am. If the park opens at 10am, EE is 830-9am.

FMTX
02-24-2006, 12:41 PM
So if we stay on property, can we go to early entry every day they offer early entry and not just one early entry that comes with the park hopper ticket? If this is true, how long have they offered this limitless early entry for Disney Hotel guests and what are the chances of it being taken away in 2006 specifically before December 2006? Is it unwritten/unofficial or if I book now will it be locked into the reservation? I am looking at booking Thanksgiving week 2006 through AAA at Disney Hotel.

MsYumiBr
02-24-2006, 01:12 PM
We're going down there in a couple weeks and the package we booked included one Toontown EE, and one Fantasy Land EE.

The Toontown one is valid on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.

The Fantasyland one is valid on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Not sure if that helps or not, but that is all the info I have.

Wow. So how does that work? EE is only available to the park Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Let's say regular park hour is at 8:00 and it is Tuesday. Toontown opens one hour after regular park opening. EE is one hour before that so the park and Toontown opens at the same time. Doesn't that mean you will miss the Morning Madness opening ceremony because it takes time to get through the gates and to Toontown?

MermaidHair
02-24-2006, 01:12 PM
If the park opens at 10am, EE is 830-9am.

Malcon10t - It looks like you are saying that EE sometimes starts 1.5 hours before the park opens on 10am opening days. Is that what you mean? If so, is this just luck of the draw whether it opens at 8:30 am or 9:00am or can we call/look somewhere for a schedule?

cfrith
02-24-2006, 05:11 PM
So if we stay on property, can we go to early entry every day they offer early entry and not just one early entry that comes with the park hopper ticket?

I would also like the answer to this!

phantomdilbert
03-06-2006, 05:22 PM
Bumpin this thread...I tooo would love an answer to whether or not if you stay at one of the Disneyland hotels whether or not you get EE.

right now we have reservations booked at both a DL hotel and non DL hotel...of course the DL hotel (Grand Calif) is an arm and a leg (becuase our trip is so close I could not get a package deal, I'm paying regular rate for just hotel).

So I'd love to know:
-if we are just staying at the hotel do we get EE? (i.e., it is not dependent on the park hopper tix...)
-w/ the park hopper tix, can we go in early on Tuesday?!? (assumes that Mon, Wed, Thur, Sat are available....)

Weird...just seems sorta redundant ya know?

Confused,
Brian