PDA

View Full Version : When Does the 50th celebration end?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

summertime
11-06-2005, 08:40 PM
A large part of the reason I have been planning to take my family to Disneyland this is year is the 50th anniversary. Everything from the special decorations on the attractions to getting gold Mickey Mouse ears.

But we don't know if the celebration ends at the end of 2005 or does it cotinue until the start of the 51st anniversary (which is in March I think).

Thanks for any information you can provide. I have scanned the boards but I am unsure as to what the status is for a lot of the 50th anniversray events.

TDBearGrrl
11-06-2005, 08:42 PM
It started in May and was/is scheduled to last for 18 months which would take it right up to the beginning of the holiday season in 2006.

At least that is my understanding

mi_mous
11-06-2005, 11:41 PM
DD is right. It goes fro 18 months, so it won't be till Next November that the 50th ends. (What will my kids do without trying to scout out all the 50th Mickey heads??:eek: )
So, you have about a year left.

RStar
11-07-2005, 06:00 AM
So July 17th, 2006 we can celebrate BOTH the 50th and 51st Anniversary on the same day?????:eek:

olegc
11-07-2005, 11:04 AM
So July 17th, 2006 we can celebrate BOTH the 50th and 51st Anniversary on the same day?????:eek:

well, it depends at that point what you call celebration and what you call regular operating events at the park.
Remember, Golden Mouse Ears, parade will all still continue
Early 06 brings us the official opening of Monsters' Inc. (unconfirmed)
May 2006 brings us Rock-it Mountain and Multiple Drop ToT (unconfirmed)
and - whatever movie/updated event you may want to promote is included.

I think the big days, like 5/5, are more World based than DLR based - but 7/17 will forever be a DLR based event in my mind. Nothing will change that day.

Family5LovesDisney
11-25-2005, 12:23 PM
I know this information must be around somewhere but I can't find it......... Does anyone know how long they are planning on "celebrating" the 50th anniversary? I would love to see WISHES before the celebration is done and a time schedule would be ever so helpful. THANKS in advance! :)

rentayenta
11-25-2005, 12:28 PM
I know this information must be around somewhere but I can't find it......... Does anyone know how long they are planning on "celebrating" the 50th anniversary? I would love to see WISHES before the celebration is done and a time schedule would be ever so helpful. THANKS in advance! :)

18 months.

pisces
11-25-2005, 01:14 PM
This is just a guess, but I think they'll extend it out to next year's Christmas and do the gold Tree, again next year. Not that I'm glad about that.

I doesn't make sense to end it in Oct/Nov 2006. That doesn't feel like a natural break. Ending it in January 2007, once rides etc start going on hiatus/refurb.......seems more logical.

This is just a suspicion of mine. The official word is still that it stops short of Next years Christmas.

Family5LovesDisney
11-25-2005, 01:39 PM
I'm not sure if we would go in the summer or in November. If they weren't doing WISHES in November, then we might go in the summer. I know it's a long way off but it's never too early to start planning. I am having Disneyland withdrawal (having only been there for the very first time in March and then again in June both of this year) It's a lot further from us that FL but we really LOVED it!

hlbtimes2
11-25-2005, 02:35 PM
My guess is they will announce that it is ending the end of Oct when they start decorating for Christmas. Then, they will extended it a couple times to try draw in a few more people. Just like they did when the main street electrical parade ended a few years ago.

charpaul
11-25-2005, 03:30 PM
If they stick with the 18 months that they originally stated, then it will end officially on Nov. 5th 2006 - just in time for the 2006 Holiday Decorations to debut on Veterans Day Weekend like they usually do.....

Wendi
11-25-2005, 09:49 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe WISHES is at WDW... isn't that their MK fireworks show? Is it the "Remember... Dreams Come True" fireworks show that you are interested in seeing, or are you talking about something else? You really shouldn't miss it, it's a great show. If you go in the off season, make sure you have at least a Friday or Saturday overnight so you can see it. In the summer they will likely show it every night.

Family5LovesDisney
11-26-2005, 04:05 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe WISHES is at WDW... isn't that their MK fireworks show? Is it the "Remember... Dreams Come True" fireworks show that you are interested in seeing, or are you talking about something else? You really shouldn't miss it, it's a great show. If you go in the off season, make sure you have at least a Friday or Saturday overnight so you can see it. In the summer they will likely show it every night.
I may have given it the wrong title as I have seen both shows at Disneyland and Disney World this year. I am referring to the fireworks show at Disneyland where Tinker Bell goes over the castle and there are laser effects. When we saw this show in June, it was from the vantage of Riverside Seating at the Fantasmic Show and we really couldn't see the special effects in front of the castle. We would LOVE to be able to see it with the full effects before the 50th celebration is over!

animalx
01-11-2006, 12:10 PM
I have to book my vacation time and i'm trying to fit the 50th in . I still haven't gone during it? HELP:)
I'm also told the Christmas overlay will be Nov 17 can anyone confirm this as well!

my2lalas
01-11-2006, 01:51 PM
From what I understand it runs until September 30th, 2005, so you still have time.

my2lalas
01-11-2006, 01:52 PM
Oops! I meant September 2006.

hlbtimes2
01-11-2006, 02:10 PM
They said it would run 18 months. That, at my best calculation would but it running until the begining of Nov. Which makes sense- they would take it down as they decorated for the holidays. Even if they decided now to say Sept. 30th, I'm guessing they will "extended" it, until the first of Nov. to try to get the last few people that were putting off a trip. They are going to get as much mileage out of it as they can!

Mickeymac
01-11-2006, 04:04 PM
I'm told the end of September as well, however, have also heard it might run into October and be taken down when the holiday decorations start to go up. My guess is that you'll see a transformation.

The golden castle is very popular, and there is rumor that it might stay through the next celebration in some form. If you feel strongly one way or the other, be sure to let them know.

derraj25
01-11-2006, 04:34 PM
When will the picture murals come down (happiest faces on earth)? We have several pictures in them and have a trip booked for the week of April 2. Hoping to see them.

--derraj25

animalx
01-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Thanks, i will eventually call Disneyland on this but if there is a change i will let everyone know. Thanks Again

hlbtimes2
01-11-2006, 07:18 PM
When will the picture murals come down (happiest faces on earth)? We have several pictures in them and have a trip booked for the week of April 2. Hoping to see them.

--derraj25

They will stil be up in April. They should stay up at least through the summer.

celinas mommy
01-11-2006, 07:33 PM
I had emailed Disneyland on 12/14/05 and this the response I received from them (just a partial quote)

A monumental celebration began on May 5, 2005, and will extend for 18 months through October 2006 to
commemorate the 50th anniversary of Disneyland park. Celebration events are taking place in all of
the Disney theme parks around the world. The Disneyland Resort in California is naturally the center
of the celebration, featuring its own unique "Happiest Homecoming On Earth" festivities.

celinas mommy
01-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Sorry Dupe post

SandraVB79
01-12-2006, 01:02 AM
A monumental celebration began on May 5, 2005, and will extend for 18 months through October 2006 to
commemorate the 50th anniversary of Disneyland park.

What does "through October 2006" mean? Does it mean it stops at the end of September or at the end of October?
In these cases, my English knowledge really lacks something... :(

celinas mommy
01-12-2006, 05:39 AM
What does "through October 2006" mean? Does it mean it stops at the end of September or at the end of October?
In these cases, my English knowledge really lacks something... :(

It "should" end at the end of October.. But with Disney anything can change at any time....