PDA

View Full Version : Disney's Electrical Parade, May/June? and other questions!

Colin
01-17-2006, 04:18 AM
Hi Guys :)

As I previously posted, I am coming back to DLR in Late May / Early June this year (Just before the AP I bought last year expires!)

Do you think its likely the Electrical Parade will be running at this time in DCA? Or is that all up in the Air at the moment? Its my absolutely favourite parade and I loved seeing it again last year since its removal in Paris!

Also anything else I should be aware of, I think Pirates will be closed? Which I must admit I am not hugely upset about, but does that mean Blue Bayou will be closed? Any news of when Rock'It Mountain will launch?

Oh and one last question, I am due to graduate this year, and wondered when the Class of 06 Merchandise is likely to start appaearing, I want to take a load of that home with me!!!

Thanks Padders :)

C°o°lin

potterphreak
01-17-2006, 06:55 AM
Yes, Blue Bayou is scheduled to be closed during the Pirates refurbishment. I would assume that graduation merchandise would come out at the latest by April or May, as graduations take place in June. But then again, I don't work for Disney and they certainly never ask my opinion on their decisions, LOL.

Colin
01-17-2006, 10:55 AM
Thanks for that potterphreak.

Shame about Blue Bayou, but I went there last trip so I guess i'll cope :) I'd like to try Napa Rosa at some point! I may on my Birthday, only problem is theres a possibility I may be on my own at the resort that day! My brother doesn't fly out til 2 days later hehe :)

Thanks for letting me know about the graudation stuff, am pleased to hear that. Didn't realise you guys graduated in June over there, in Uk its normally July at the earliest which was why I was concerned it may not be in shops!

When you say Graduation, out of interest is that in terms of College or High School or Both, i'll be graduating from University, do you use the term for Both, cos I know you say you graduate from High-school too!

Thanks,

C°o°lin

bbangel
01-17-2006, 12:17 PM
I am wondering about the Electric Parade as well. My sister made me wait in a 5 hour line for Splash Mountain when it first opened and so we missed the parade when I was last in Disneyland (15 or 16 years ago). I was so excited about finally getting to see it since it is now at California Adventure, and we are planning a trip there for the end of April, beginning of May. Then I read that it was on hiatus. Does anyone know when it plans to return?

potterphreak
01-17-2006, 01:10 PM
I have heard the rumor that EP should be back for the summer season but I don't know how reliable that is. I love EP and wish I had been able to see it when it was running for the Christmas season but I was waiting for fireworks (front row seats, woohoo!).

potterphreak
01-17-2006, 01:11 PM
Sorry I didn't put this in my other post, didn't notice it until now:

College graduation, at least here in my town and the surrounding areas, starts in May and sometimes continute into June.

:-)

Darkbeer
01-17-2006, 02:09 PM
The Electrical Parade is scheduled to come back for the peak Summer season, that starts in late June. No official start date has been announced.

I can say that the Electrical Parade is coming back since it got a new sponsor, Sylvania (part of the Siemens Group). It was announced in the press release, so it is almost certain to return.

Colin
01-17-2006, 02:43 PM
So looks like I could possibly miss out :( Thats a Shame... As long as Fantasmic is running i'll be OKay! Fantasmic is running right? :P

Thanks guys :D

C°o°lin

pisces
01-18-2006, 02:27 PM
Colin, where have you been?

You really should go during Christmas/New Years; that way, you'd be assured of seeing all the parades.

You'd even get to see the Christmas Fantasy Parade, and the Snow. Do they have that in Paris?

DianeM
01-18-2006, 03:28 PM
Fantasmic runs weekends only during the slow season. But don't worry too much - I've visited DL and not seen any parades or big shows and had a wonderful time. It's so much better during the off season, it's worth it to miss out on a few big attractions. You can go on more rides, and still have time to wander around the park to experience "Disney Magic" without battling crowds worthy of the front row of a rock concert pit. You're going to have an awesome time. I wish I were going.

So looks like I could possibly miss out :( Thats a Shame... As long as Fantasmic is running i'll be OKay! Fantasmic is running right? :P

Thanks guys :D

C°o°lin

Colin
01-19-2006, 04:26 AM
Hi Pisces :)

I've been about... Mostly posting in the DLP board as its what I know best ;)

I'd love to go at Christmas some time, but the timing for my trip this time is down to me wanting to go before my annual pass expires, that way I don't have to worry about ticketing (that is a major part of my trip costs!!!)

I won't be going Christmas this year, but maybe Christmas 2007, i'd love to do it.

In answer to your question, we have a Christmas parade, but its just the regular parade with christmas decorations on (done very well it has to be said) There is also a Sleigh with Father Christmas and Reindeer pulling it, and also the Toy Soldiers too. The music for the Christmas Parade is very catchy! (Chante C'est Noel, Sing along sing a song of Christmas!!! hehe!) Also have the Enchanted Fairytale Ceremony, which is effectively the Tree Lighting Ceremony with the Chandelier Lights in Main St. being lit also! Lots of Music and Dancing in Central Plaza, is very good!

And YES! We have snow, regularly the real stuff in addition to the fake ;)

C°o°lin

Colin, where have you been?

You really should go during Christmas/New Years; that way, you'd be assured of seeing all the parades.

You'd even get to see the Christmas Fantasy Parade, and the Snow. Do they have that in Paris?

Colin
02-15-2006, 04:27 PM
Hmm, just looked at the park schedule for May and every day that I checked that DCA was open til 9pm, Electrical Parade is Scheduled for 8:45pm, but its also the only thing Scheduled (they don't normally schedule this far ahead?)... Seems odd to me. Think its a system glitch or quite likely? I now have my fingers and toes crossed

C°o°lin

Sub Maniak
02-15-2006, 05:29 PM
It seems that even with the Electrical Parade DCA is to be cursed with no visitors. It seems the magic is only in Disneyland. The lack in attendance might kill the electrical parade!

Colin
02-16-2006, 02:27 AM
Visit Paris Studios and then try and tell me there is no magic in DCA :P

I wish the second park in Paris was even close to being as good as DCA!!!

Sub Maniak
02-16-2006, 12:07 PM
Too bad the general public doesn't say that to DCA!

Another Dimension
02-16-2006, 03:16 PM
It seems that even with the Electrical Parade DCA is to be cursed with no visitors.

False.
Try looking at pics taken with integrity, and not agenda.

It seems the magic is only in Disneyland.

False.
Any and all Disney Magic felt is uniquely special inside each and every individual.
I will not be told where and when I feel Disney magic ... by anyone.

The lack in attendance might kill the electrical parade!

That. Would. RULE.

hlbtimes2
02-18-2006, 08:57 AM
The Electrical parade is coming back on Friday April 7th. Looks as if it will be running nightly at 8:45.

DangerMouse
02-18-2006, 11:55 AM
The Electrical parade is coming back on Friday April 7th. Looks as if it will be running nightly at 8:45.

Ahhhhh! My dh is gonna KILL me. I wasn't going to try to plan another trip to DL before our passes expire the end of April, but NOW, with this information, I might just have to squeeze one more trip in.

Thanks -- I think. ;)

hlbtimes2
02-18-2006, 01:29 PM
You're welcome-- I guess. LOL

I found it on the schedule this morning when I was looking at the dates for my May trip. We'll miss in March, so my kids wont get to see it- but I will in May. At least I hope I will. We will only be there 2 evenings. The two women I'm going with have never seen F! or the fireworks. Its going to be tight to get all of it in two nights. I think we'll do Elec. parade and late showing of F! one evening, and fireworks the other.