PDA

View Full Version : time capsule

BWthespian
01-16-2006, 07:02 PM
there is a time capsule that was set underground in front of castle a couple of years ago and will not be opened until the year 2035. does anybody know whats in it?

Opus1guy
01-16-2006, 07:12 PM
Don't have the complete list, but here's a partial:

http://www.oglethorpe.edu/about_us/crypt_of_civilization/itcs/disneyland_time_capsule.asp

"Disneyland celebrated its 40th anniversary by burying a time capsule. They say it will be dug up in 50 years - or when the last person in line at Space Mountain gets to the front, whichever comes first." - Jay Leno

;)

BWthespian
01-16-2006, 08:23 PM
yeesh!!! so how old will i be?

RemainSeatedPlease
01-16-2006, 11:59 PM
I'll be 48!!! and I will def be there! I have a pic of my foot on the time castle, from every trip:D

Another Dimension
01-17-2006, 12:03 AM
there is a time capsule that was set underground in front of castle a couple of years ago and will not be opened until the year 2035. does anybody know whats in it?

It is a time capsule.. but Disneyland's is called a Time Castle.

http://www.startedbyamouse.com/archives/TimeCastle.shtml
Some nice pics and a good listing of the contents.

Video Recap (Laser Disc) of 1995 events --
Indiana Jones Adventure Opening
Disneyland Marathon
Great American Workout
Enviromentality Day
UCLA Bruins Parade
L.A. Fiesta Broadway
"Magic Kingdom Kabaret" Show
Indiana Jones Adventure Mall Tour
Parade of Jones
Trading Cards
Main Street Electrical Parade
FANTASMIC!
"The Spirit of Pocahontas" Live Stage Show
"The Lion King Celebration"

:eek:

lauramaynot
01-17-2006, 03:57 PM
this thing was burried about a month after my 18th bday...so I will be 68 when it is opened...;)

Osky
01-17-2006, 04:03 PM
this thing was burried about a month after my 18th bday...so I will be 68 when it is opened...;)
Don't you mean 58? ;)

lauramaynot
01-17-2006, 05:12 PM
Don't you mean 58? ;)
One poster said 40 years but the website linked by this thread said fifty years...now I am confused is it 40 or 50??

Osky
01-17-2006, 06:47 PM
They were wrong in the first article. They actually say both in the first one. However, the plaque itself says:

Placed beneath this marker on July 17, 1995 - THE DISNEYLAND 40TH ANNIVERSARY TIME CASTLE. A Time Castle containing Disneyland memories, messages and milestones, lies beneath this spot. The Disneyland Time Castle is dedicated to the children of the 21st century, who may unlock its contents on the 80th Anniversary of Disneyland: July 17, 2035.

mi_mous
01-18-2006, 12:06 AM
I'll be 48!!! and I will def be there! I have a pic of my foot on the time castle, from every trip:D

I was looking for it today, casually, since I was being pulled to the Matterhorn, but didn't find it. Where is it?

RStar
01-18-2006, 05:48 AM
I was there when they burried it, and I plan to be there when they open it. I have a bunch of the stuff they have in there, some of it was from the 40th anniversary. They had the contints on display in the Mr. Linclon lobby just before they closed it up.

~Bob

spectromen
01-18-2006, 07:02 AM
I was there that day too (hot and muggy, but that's July in Anaheim!) and I can't wait to see what antique equipment they have to find to play that 1995 laserdisc by then, lol!

MonorailChris
01-18-2006, 08:00 AM
For the 40th b-day ,I was still a cm.they took a group picture in the morning and I am very visable in it!!! I am hanging onto the lightpost on the right side of the left side of the picture,wearing my monorail cafe uniform.They also gave every cm a t-shirt for being in the photo,which I also still have.

mi_mous
01-18-2006, 10:58 AM
For the 40th b-day ,I was still a cm.they took a group picture in the morning and I am very visable in it!!! I am hanging onto the lightpost on the right side of the left side of the picture,wearing my monorail cafe uniform.They also gave every cm a t-shirt for being in the photo,which I also still have.

I remember the Monorail cafe! I loved their milkshakes. Sigh.....