PDA

View Full Version : Eeyore and Indiana Jones

murdock23
01-16-2006, 08:10 AM
the discussion about the left over talking heads in the Winnie the Pooh ride has sparked my memory about a similar incident. I have never seen it but I know it has been confirmed that it was there at one time, but is the Eyore parking sign still in the Indiana Jones attraction. I was going to check on my next trip, but I was told that it is difficult to see, but it is in the room where the movie clip is playing prior to boarding the ride. Can anyone confirm if it is still there or not??

wishIwasthe_Mouse
01-16-2006, 08:15 AM
I looked for it over New years and couldnt see it. It is supposed to be in there some where. I would love to be able to find it. Any one have an exact lovation or possibly a pic of were it is located. I know it is very dark in the projector room. Could be why my blind old eyes couldnt find it. :P

MonorailChris
01-16-2006, 08:16 AM
i herd it is but it is only visable from when you go behind the movie screen there is a opening right befor you turn and if you look up in the area of the projector you will see it .i will check tomarrow when i go.

Wendi
01-16-2006, 08:56 AM
I've never been successful at spotting the Eyeore parking lot sign OR Bones!!! I'd love to get specific instructions on where to look for both of them.

Andrew
01-16-2006, 09:01 AM
I've never been successful at spotting the Eyeore parking lot sign OR Bones!!! I'd love to get specific instructions on where to look for both of them.
The Eeyore sign is above the projector in the safety film room. To see it, you need to look straight up through a hole in the projector platform. You can't see the entire sign, but enough to know that it is, in fact, an Eeyore sign from the late, lamented Disneyland parking lot.

"Bones" is one of the skeletons on your left after your Jeep makes its second left and bounces down the stairs. I think he's the one wearing Mickey ears, but to see him you have to be looking all the way to the left at the entrance to the "cave" area.

Wendi
01-16-2006, 09:05 AM
The Eeyore sign is above the projector in the safety film room. To see it, you need to look straight up through a hole in the projector platform. You can't see the entire sign, but enough to know that it is, in fact, an Eeyore sign from the late, lamented Disneyland parking lot.

"Bones" is one of the skeletons on your left after your Jeep makes its second left and bounces down the stairs. I think he's the one wearing Mickey ears, but to see him you have to be looking all the way to the left at the entrance to the "cave" area.

Thanks Andrew! I'm going to look again on my next trip... if I don't spot him then, I'm giving up... otherwise I'll forever be the person craning her neck around while my jeep is driving out of control!!! hahaha

Tinker Bell
01-16-2006, 09:10 AM
I have a not very good pix of it. Let me find it and if you want I can email it but don't know how to post it.

notlemc
01-16-2006, 09:54 AM
the following is from www.hiddenmickeys.org and explains about the hidden Eeyore:

In the film room in the Indiana Jones ride look straight up when you enter. If you look closely you may see an Eeyore Parking lot sign. The Building which is actually located behind Pirates and The Haunted Mansion, not Adventureland, used to be the Eeyore Section of the Parking Lot. The Imaginears when they built the ride thought it would be funny to put the old now useless sign on the catwalks above as a memorial. (You may need a flashlight to see it.)

here are also some pics:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/notlemc/Eyeore1Small.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/notlemc/Eyeore2Small.gif

SimiRich
01-16-2006, 10:42 AM
In the safety film room there are 2 segments of standby lines. One is held up to give that group time to view the film and the other is given permission to proceed out of the room. If you politely ask the CM at the end of the room (who directs traffic flow) to show you the Eyore parking sign, they will shine their flashlight to the left of the projector & give you a perfect view of the sign.

murdock23
01-16-2006, 01:58 PM
great information.. i will have to do that.. on the subject of Bones, it took me a long time to finally see him, but once you do you will never have a problem finding him again

Tinker Bell
01-16-2006, 10:02 PM
Here are a few pix to give a better idea where it is. I went to the B day party for Indy. We went on a few times with the lights on. Still hard to take pix but I do have some just did not add to this thinking people would not want to spoil anything.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tiggersanderson/album?.dir=/ccb9&urlhint=actn,ren%3as,1%3af,0

DaddyB
01-17-2006, 12:08 AM
Yes, it's still there. I took this picture with my camera's flash set to it's highest setting. I asked the castmember to point out where it was, I raised the camera well up over my head, warned the people behind me (who were now in front of me since I'd turned around) to shield their eyes, and snapped the picture.

Mouseplanet restrictions do not allow me to paste a picture larger than 400 pixels, so here's a smaller version of it:
http://www.visionsfantastic.org/daddyb/IJ_EeyoreSign_sm.jpg

a 640x480 version is available here:
http://www.visionsfantastic.org/daddyb/IJ_EeyoreSign (http://www.visionsfantastic.org/daddyb/IJ_EeyoreSign.jpg)

pretty Omi
01-17-2006, 02:16 AM
we've looked for it many times, we always have to bring our pwn flashlight as most of the time, the CM doesn't have one, or it wasn't bright enough to really get a good view.... a CM once told me there are parking sign all over DCA since that used to be parking lot at one point, and it has sort of become tradition over the years to put something of the old "attraction" in the new one

anyone else know of some other things like that to share?

MonorailChris
01-18-2006, 08:54 AM
thanx,went yesterday to look.saw buff and gang in pooh but couldn't see sign in indy.oh well thanx for the pics

wishIwasthe_Mouse
01-18-2006, 11:07 AM
Thanks everyone for all the great information.