PDA

View Full Version : Grand Californian bunkbeds?

Buffytheweedslayer
01-15-2006, 05:32 PM
When I called about reserving a room at GC I asked about requesting a bunkbed room -the CM thought my 12 year old would be too big for the bunk bed - are they really that small? I wanted to request the bunkbeds for my kids (9 and 12).

Anyone have a bunk bed room lately and how much room did they seem to have for bigger kids. My 12 year old is not big at all - infact he is slightly small for his age but he could have a growth spurt between now and June - LOL

Thanks

potcfan
01-15-2006, 05:43 PM
I have had a couple of CM's tell me that my kids are too old when I have requested BB for my two daughters ages 12 and 16, other CM's just go ahead and book the room without question. My 16 year old is 5'4" and 113lbs (she'll kill me for telling you that) and she has always found the bottom bunk to be very comfortable. My 12 year old likes to sleep in the top bunk and has plenty of room.

Burnt Toast
01-15-2006, 05:44 PM
The bunk beds that you can get at the Grand only accomodiate children below a certain height and weight. It's not like the ones at the WDW properties that can support medium-ish adults.

Wendi
01-15-2006, 05:48 PM
The bunk beds that you can get at the Grand only accomodiate children below a certain height and weight. It's not like the ones at the WDW properties that can support medium-ish adults.

They are twin sized beds - there are actually three of them, because there is a trundle (in case you don't want one of them in the top bunk). My mom slept in one a few years ago and was comfortable (she's only about 5' 6")!!! :D

Buffytheweedslayer
01-15-2006, 06:23 PM
Thanks everyone - I am going to go ahead and make a request for them - My DS is not a big kid so I think he will be fine! He would kill me if he heard me say he is small for his age - LOL

Thanks again!!:)

infinite
01-16-2006, 07:54 AM
We made reservations about 3 months ago, and without requesting one, they told us we ere getting bunk beds. Which is fine, I just find it odd they even told us. Of course when we arrive tomorrow, it might be something different, who knows.
My boys are 11 (tomorrow) and 5.

Buffytheweedslayer
01-18-2006, 07:43 AM
Well I went ahead and called back and got a reservation for our June trip and I requested bunkbeds:D The kids will love it. I used my AAA card so now I will just have to watch for specials incase something else comes up that is better then AAA.

If I can't get anything better then the AAA rate I may go ahead and cancel the reservations with Disney and book the package with AAA to get the enhanced FP - need to make that decision soon!

Thanks everyone!

MsYumiBr
01-20-2006, 02:57 PM
You might not have to cancel with Disney. Just tell Disney you want AAA to take over the reservations, get an agent, call Disney with the agent's name and then call your agent and give him or her the reservation number. AAA uses WDTC to make the arrangements.

SeansMom
01-20-2006, 03:31 PM
Our twelve year old slept comfortably on the bunk bed. He loved being on the top when he was eight, and he enjoyed when he was twelve, too. I can't see the being "too big" part. They seem like a normal size bunkbed to me.
Have fun!