PDA

View Full Version : Best breakfast in DLR?

kkmickey
01-14-2006, 07:52 PM
What do you think is the best place and the best item for breakfast in DLR? When I go with my kids, we often get some muffins or cereal and milk from the grocery store and they eat while we're getting ready, to save us time and money. OR we get beignets :)

But in terms of restaurants, where have you eaten and what have you had that was really good?

(It will just be my friends and I, no kids, so the character aspect isn't crucial!)

hlbtimes2
01-14-2006, 08:00 PM
My two fav's are both in the park. I love to get into the park, which plays a big part in why I love them both:

Riverbell Terrace for Mickey pancakes. Nothing like having some classic pancakes while people watching, with the view of ROA.

Carnation Cafe on main street- everything I've had has been pretty good. The last trip I had eggs benedict on a croissant. I ordered the eggs scrambled. Very nice way to start the day!

I've heard good things about white water snacks and Storytellers but havent had breakfast at either of them.

kkmickey
01-14-2006, 08:35 PM
Come to think of it, I had eggs benedict on a croissant when I was there in November! I almost forgot about that. It was DELICIOUS! Thanks for reminding me.

Wendi
01-14-2006, 08:37 PM
Storyteller's Cafe is the BEST.
Whitewater Snacks has a good breakfast burrito and it's pretty cheap compared to most of the nearby eateries.
Riverbelle Terrace is decent and the atmosphere is really nice... old skool Disneyland.

asharpcook
01-15-2006, 01:10 AM
We had breakfast at the restaurant in Tomorrow Land my last visit. (not Rocket Rod's or whatever it is called- the other place!)
The hame and egg croissant sandwich was wonderful!! Hot, fresh, eggs nicely cooked, cheese was melty, croissant was fresh.
I did not like the country style potatoes they served as I loathe bell peppers that they are cooked with, but DH liked them just fine.
AS

Karen256
01-15-2006, 05:11 AM
My vote goes to Carnation Cafe. It's nice to just relax and watch people on Main Street, and the food is delicious and very reasonably priced. I recommend Oscar's special. I am totally craving those potatoes now!

BGLeduc
01-15-2006, 06:15 AM
If DTD counts, I would say La Brea Bakery!

EVERYTHING I have ever had there has been to die for. Fabulous coffee as well.

Brian

Gone2Disneyland
01-15-2006, 06:49 AM
Coincidentally, I'm on my way there this morning with two friends. One wants Mickey waffles from Carnation Café, which I've never had. My breakfast fave has always been Mickey Mouse pancakes at the River Belle Terrace, sitting outside with the view of the Rivers of America, as hlbtimes2 said above. On occasion, I've even brought something to read as I mellow out having breakfast by myself at Disneyland. :) I used to get both the pancakes plate and the eggs & bacon plate, until one day when I asked if I could substitute the three pancakes on the other eggs entree they offer for MM pancakes instead, and she said yes. That saved some money. :D

I've eaten once for breakfast at CC, and I thought my order was bit on the greasy side. The three of us may end up at CC this morning tho', so I'll give it a second chance, maybe try the MM waffles, tho' the eggs benedict mentioned above sounds really good.

nmjohnston874
01-15-2006, 11:04 AM
At least once a visit, we stop at Blue Ribbon Bakery to get pastries and coffee, then sit at Coke Corner and watch the people rush by.

What a way to start the day at DL!

kisroo
01-15-2006, 11:24 AM
I'm sold on Storytellers' breakfast~even though we didn't like their lunch. Even though there is a character aspect to it, it's mild compared to Goofy's.

But, I think the best breakfast is splurging on the concierge lounge in the GCH. Pick from an assortment of fresh fruits, muffins/toast/bagels or crossaints, tea or coffee, cereals and juices and then enjoy a quiet breakfast overlooking DtD and part of DL. :D
Expensive, but oh-so-worth-it. ;) Especially, if it's a special trip just for adults!!

~kisroo:)

ae's mom
01-15-2006, 01:08 PM
Carnation Cafe - Oscar's Special is my favorite!!! Very good and very filling!!

CarlieB
01-15-2006, 02:44 PM
Carnation Cafe in DL
Storytellers Cafe in the GCH
Uva Bar/Catal in DTD

I Heart Disneyland!
01-15-2006, 04:56 PM
Carnation Cafe - Main Street

sambo
01-15-2006, 10:49 PM
My vote goes to Carnation Cafe. It's nice to just relax and watch people on Main Street, and the food is delicious and very reasonably priced. I recommend Oscar's special. I am totally craving those potatoes now!

Second vote for this. I like the Oscar's special as well. Don't forget the Mickey Waffle either... Mmmmm....

sambo
01-15-2006, 10:50 PM
At least once a visit, we stop at Blue Ribbon Bakery to get pastries and coffee, then sit at Coke Corner and watch the people rush by.

What a way to start the day at DL!

Wow - we do this as well.:eek:

Mark Mywords
01-16-2006, 12:53 AM
We've got two favorites based on need:

Riverbelle Terrace if we've got time to spare.

Club Buzz if we want to get breakfast and get to the attractions as quickly as possible.

Always wanted to try the Carnation Cafe for breakfast (but was always worried about the wait). I might have to insist on it next trip... :)

hlbtimes2
01-16-2006, 07:57 AM
Always wanted to try the Carnation Cafe for breakfast (but was always worried about the wait). I might have to insist on it next trip... :)

Call ahead for priority seating. We had a 10:45 PS on our last visit. It was perfect. We watched the rededication, then went to breakfast. We waited less then 5 min. for a table. It also put breakfast late enough that we just had snacks in the afternoon to hold us over until dinner.

pisces
01-16-2006, 09:01 AM
You are all wrong. Wrong Wrong wrong!

The best breakfast is Plaza Inn's Minnie & Friends, and it completely blows Storytellers right out of the water.

Plus, it's cheaper, with better character interaction.

For $21.30 per person (that's for adults, is it the same price for children?)....with AAA card------you get more interaction than both Goofy's and Storytellers put together.

Their biscuits are as good as Mrs. Knotts. The country gravy, ham, fresh berries, danish. And, their French toast is the best I've ever had!

Andrew
01-16-2006, 09:06 AM
Try breakfast at Granville's Steak House (http://www.project-insomnia.com/pirr/2005/09/granvilles-steak-house.html).

experiment626
01-16-2006, 09:27 AM
We like River Belle but do it more as a Brunch then Breakfast. We usually do this on our EE morning. Enjoy Fantasyland and whatever else and then about 10 - 10:30 head over to RB enjoy breakfast, have popcorn or other snack mid-afternoon and then not worry about eating again until dinner.

Pat-n-Eil
01-16-2006, 11:25 AM
In my opinion: Best breakfast experience goes to Goofy's Kitchen
and the best breakfast food (buffet) goes to Storyteller's.

I also like Rainforest Cafe for breakfast, even though it isn't as exciting as it is for dinner.. but the food is good and they aren't nearly as crowded as they are for dinner.

PeoplemoverMisser
01-16-2006, 04:04 PM
I vote for River Belle - though this time we're trying our first character breakfast. Even before I was a coffee drinker, I loved how it was about the only place where you could sit-n-sip. We probably watched the Mark Twain do 5 or 6 laps one morning - our last morning before a noon-ish flight. It was great!

mi_mous
01-16-2006, 07:35 PM
In my opinion: Best breakfast experience goes to Goofy's Kitchen
and the best breakfast food (buffet) goes to Storyteller's.

I also like Rainforest Cafe for breakfast, even though it isn't as exciting as it is for dinner.. but the food is good and they aren't nearly as crowded as they are for dinner.

I have to second this!! I have done all 3 hotels and this is what I would say is the best.

dlandnut
01-18-2006, 12:37 PM

Tell me, tell me, what is special about "Oscar's potatoes"?:)