PDA

View Full Version : Kids at Napa Rose?

DISNEYLAND GUY
01-14-2006, 11:20 AM
One of my friends and I went to Napa Rose last night for a late dinner. We were there at about 8:00 PM. While we were eating we noticed that there were A LOT of kids. Im not saying it ruined our meal or anything, i was just wondering if you have seen many kids at Napa Rose before. There were about 8 tables that had kids with them, and at one they had 4 kids. I was just wondering if you have seen many kids at Napa Rose, or if this was just a different night. I was asking because I was under the impression that it wasnt a very kid-friendly place. Do they have a kids menu?

Thanks--

DISNEYLAND GUY

newportbeachbumz
01-14-2006, 12:29 PM
There was a kids menu when we went at the end of summer. We had 2 kids in our party. I too thought it was a place that would not be as kid friendly. But then quickly realized that we were at a "Disneyland Resort" and many of the tables around us had children. The staff was great and my 5 year old loved the experience - and sometimes says lets go to Napa Rose for dinner:p

adriennek
01-14-2006, 12:48 PM
I think kids can be out of line at any restaurants - McDonalds or Napa Rose.

There are people who would take kids to Napa Rose. I wouldn't but I have specific reasons:

1- If I'm paying that much for dinner, I'm going to have an adult evening out.

2- My kids. My kids are great but they don't enjoy adult restaurants. They wouldn't sit and behave for as long as they would need to for us to have dinner at NR. Some might, mine won't. All three of mine are under 7 so that might have something to do with it. Ultimately, I will take my children to nice restaurants so that they will learn how to behave in those situations but they're just not quite ready for it.

I don't have a problem with kids when they're well behaved for the situation. The last time we were at NR, there was a family at the table next to us. Their son was probably not 5 yet. He wasn't misbehaving for his age, but he wasn't on what I would consider "Napa Rose" level manners for the situation. I know some kids can be, mine aren't there yet either so they won't be going soon.

Adrienne

Rhiannon8404
01-14-2006, 02:38 PM
I think kids can be out of line at any restaurants - McDonalds or Napa Rose. <snip>

I don't have a problem with kids when they're well behaved for the situation. The last time we were at NR, there was a family at the table next to us. Their son was probably not 5 yet. He wasn't misbehaving for his age, but he wasn't on what I would consider "Napa Rose" level manners for the situation. I know some kids can be, mine aren't there yet either so they won't be going soon.

Adrienne

I totally agree!

As for my own son. He really appreciates fine dining. He's 7½, but has been dining in "fine" restaurants since he was 18 mos old. He is now comfortable ordering for himself from the adult menu. Sometimes he orders the special!

Parents really have to know how to take their kids to a nice restaurant. When he was younger we made sure we went on less crowded nights, early or late seating (not in the busiest part of the evening) and made sure he was well rested. We were also prepared to have one of us take him out of the restaurant while the other got everything "to go" if needed. But that never happened.

Of course, it's much easier when it's only one child and two parents.