PDA

View Full Version : Chip n' Dale's tree house

Noah
01-14-2006, 09:27 AM
I was walking around the Chip n' Dale tree house the other day in Toon Town and noticed there is a area that is netted off with rope, it is to the right of the tree house and looks like it almost looks like a small pool unfilled but the ground is all the soft rubber. What attraction did that used to be?

Darkbeer
01-14-2006, 09:38 AM
It was part of the Chip 'n Dale play area. It contained a bunch of plastic balls that kids could play in. They stopped offering it (as did many other places) due to the clean up problems, mainly from kids who got so busy in the balls, they failed to realize they needed to go to the facilities.

Noah
01-14-2006, 09:59 AM
Oh I see, I guess that is a good enough reason to remove the balls. What else was in the Chip n'Dale play area? Did the tree house used to actually contain anything inside of it? Was there actually anything to play with in that area besides the ball pool?

Arnie
01-17-2006, 10:07 AM
Oh I see, I guess that is a good enough reason to remove the balls. What else was in the Chip n'Dale play area? Did the tree house used to actually contain anything inside of it? Was there actually anything to play with in that area besides the ball pool?

There was a slide that went from top of the treehouse to the ground. You can see where the "hole" for the top of the slide was and I think you can also see where the slide hit the ground.

murdock23
01-17-2006, 01:04 PM
wow, i really don't remember that ball drop. All i know about it now is that it is really a boring attraction as it currently is.

charpaul
01-17-2006, 01:16 PM
I believe that the "balls" were actually ACORNS for this attraction. It was aimed at a very young set of visitors (sort of like Goofy's Bounce House).

MsYumiBr
01-20-2006, 03:05 PM
I can't tell you how many little socks we have lost in that place! We have left the park many, many times with new children socks. Mostly the ones with the mickey pompoms.
The acorns were not very pliable by the way. I had to get my kid out one time and, as I recall, they hurt.
About the slide, some kid got hurt on it so they closed it down. The slide isn't that big and if you slide down the slide properly, you wouldn't get hurt. It stayed open way longer than the Nut House. Boy that was a long time ago.