PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me? Traffic problems

mi_mous
01-14-2006, 01:09 AM
OK, part of this is my fault, but I don't know about the rest.

I made a split second decision to go to DLR today, to mainly ride Monsters (soo cute!) and see Fantasmic. (I hadn't realized how long it had been since I had seen it, plus my kids, believe it or not, had not seen it.)

So, I left San Diego about 4pm..I know, stupid me, rush hour. But, I was shocked at how fast I got up there.
Then, I hit Jeffrey Rd., I know from there, it is only about 10 minutes. (I don't know why that is my marker, but it is.) Right there, at Jeffrey, I hit bumper to bumper. All up until I hit Disney Way. I was soo peeved that the traffic was nothing at Disney way. (I know that is my fault, I should have left earlier.) But, what should have taken 10 minutes, took one hour!

So, on the way back, I hit bumper to bumper again, at 11:30pm! They are shutting down all lanes but 2 to do construction. It was a headache and a half.

Now, this is what makes it all ironic. I ALWAYS get stuck in this sort of bad traffic, either going or coming to/ from Disneyland. One night, there was a HUGE crash, and they did the same thing, only they shut all lanes down but one. It was bad, and didn't end up getting home til about 2:30am, I left the park at 9pm.

Am I just jinxed, or has anyone else had these types of problems over and over again? (Especially so late at night.)

Phantom2006
01-14-2006, 01:20 AM
I was in that mess on I-5 goin south with you. It was bad. I am glad that i was not driving, my friend was. It took us 2 hours to get home. I live in Oceanside/Vista. When it only takes about 45-50 to get home. Oh and after irvine goin north is always bad around that time. ALWAYS. :/

Andrew
01-14-2006, 01:22 AM
Five or six years ago, in the midst of the CA-91/I-5 reconstruction, traffic was pretty much a nightmare all day and all night. Since the new freeway sections and interchanges finally opened, I haven't seen any serious problems in those areas. Of course once you get beyond the new parts into the ancient sections of I-5 in LA County, it gets awful. Three lanes? Please.

nightdesigns
01-14-2006, 07:25 AM
The 5 north starts to back up around Jeffrey (I know that's right where I live). I suggest taking the carpool lane from that point on. It's not much faster, but it does move and you can take it all the way to the disneyland exit.

On a side note, try the 5N to 55N to 22W to 5N sometime. I find it a lot faster than going through Santa Ana. Works for getting to the block too.

mi_mous
01-14-2006, 09:59 AM
The 5 north starts to back up around Jeffrey (I know that's right where I live). I suggest taking the carpool lane from that point on. It's not much faster, but it does move and you can take it all the way to the disneyland exit.

On a side note, try the 5N to 55N to 22W to 5N sometime. I find it a lot faster than going through Santa Ana. Works for getting to the block too.

I was in the carpool lane, and it wasn't moving either, so I was stuck either way. I chose to stay in the carpool lane cause it has that direct exit to Disney Way. I will just have to try to avoid that area through rush hour again.