PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from January 13, 2006 (Lilly Belle, Space Mountain Fireworks)

bassett1976
01-13-2006, 11:03 PM
Here are some pictures from January 13, 2006. The park was busy but not too bad. Lots of standing room in time for the fireworks in the hub about 20 minutes prior with lots of walking room. We got to see the fireworks by SM and it was good. You do miss the fireworks on the castle but the projection onto SM is cool and you can get any closer to the other Fireworks from the TT area.

ALSO, got some pictures of the Lilly Belle. As we entered the trains were stopped for a while, not sure why. THe Lilly Belle was sitting over the right tunnel. Later in the evening, we got on the train and took a trip from NOS to TT. When we got off I noticed that I could get a few close pictures of the Lilly Belle. Then, one of the conductors came over and allowed me a few seconds to go up the wheel chair ramp and get right next to her. I got a few pictures through the windows of the inside.
Hope you enjoy!

http://bassett1976.smugmug.com/gallery/1123028

Phantom2006
01-13-2006, 11:24 PM
Cool pictures. I was there that day too. I did not think the crouds were bad the longest line i waited in was for Space Mnt. and that was about 35 mins.

mi_mous
01-14-2006, 12:59 AM
We were there tonight too! We watched Fantasmic, and right as we were going into Pirates, the fireworks started, and my kids wanted to watch them. Not the best place to see them, but the Haunted Mansion part is pretty cool.. they make the water all foggy, and green! It was kinda eerie! You can't see Tink really at all, or at least not from where I was (there was a tree blocking her).
I missed seeing the fireworks from the castle, and some parts didn't go at all at the Rivers of America. They do have the sparkles to go along with the music though, but no projections.
Cool pictures! I have the same camera as you, and I wish I had it tonight, but I only brought my small one, so I wouldn't have to worry about my big camera.
I love that Peter Pan's flight picture!! WOW! What a night with the full moon on Friday the 13th! Great job!

asharpcook
01-14-2006, 01:11 AM
Great pictures!
Thanks for sharing!
AS:cool:

Opus1guy
01-14-2006, 09:57 AM
We were there Friday the 13th also. Despite lots of people out in the park, we never encountered a single long line and practically walked on each attraction (we didn't go to Space Mountain however). Haunted Mansion...practically walked right in with a straight shot from the iron gates to the front door...no queue-backs at all!

I went with my friend who is a Member of Club 33, primarily to have lunch at the Club and then go to California Adventure to ride Monsters. We had so much fun at Disneyland (having really enjoyed lunch) walking on many attractions and seeing and talking with Cast Members we knew, that before long we were having dinner at the Blue Bayou and then drinks at the Grand Californian and before we knew it we just sorta said, "Screw Monsters...it'll be there next time." :)

It was a fun day and night. But man! It sure got cold and damp in a hurry after the sun went down!

losaitkens
01-14-2006, 10:15 AM
Nice pictures! Wow, all these reports of managable crowds make me want to load my girls in the car and head over there. It is a 4 hr drive from here in vegas but looks like I can still get a great rate on Harbor Blvd and my AP is good till end of April. Anyone know how the rain/ wind/ crowds are today? I will have a 6 yr old and 14 month old by myself so we won't be able to do any big rides- do you thinka spontaneous trip would still be worth it?

mi_mous
01-14-2006, 10:30 AM
I took a 2 year old and an almost 5 year old last night, and it was pretty pleasant. I have taken them both when they were younger as well.
I think you should be fine with the baby in the stroller, and your older daughter walking (if she is OK with that.) I did that last night, and it worked out great. We saw everything we wanted to see and then some.
Have fun if you decide to go!
(Sorry I can't give you a weather update, I'm in San Diego.)

Wendi
01-14-2006, 10:34 AM
They're doing projections on Space Mountain now too??? I'm assuming you don't mean Splash Mountain...

When did they start doing that? Can you really see the fireworks from there???

Wendi
01-14-2006, 10:37 AM
They're doing projections on Space Mountain now too??? I'm assuming you don't mean Splash Mountain...

When did they start doing that? Can you really see the fireworks from there???

Oops, now that I've finished looking at the pix I think you meant iasw, not SM... Great shots as always, you always get really wonderful night shots, something I've not been able to master!

bassett1976
01-14-2006, 03:11 PM
Nice pictures! Wow, all these reports of managable crowds make me want to load my girls in the car and head over there. It is a 4 hr drive from here in vegas but looks like I can still get a great rate on Harbor Blvd and my AP is good till end of April. Anyone know how the rain/ wind/ crowds are today? I will have a 6 yr old and 14 month old by myself so we won't be able to do any big rides- do you thinka spontaneous trip would still be worth it?

The crowds are light today. They do have some of the attractions down since it's been raining. Most of the rain has been mostly light but not sure if it will get heavier tonight. No pitctures since it's raining. Trying to avoid hurting my new camera with water...

As for the Space Moutian stuff, we never made it to Space since both my wife and I get motion sick. Either, I typed in SM and it got changed by a moderator or I typed SW and it was mistakenly changed. Sorry, we got to see the fireworks by Small World.

losaitkens
01-14-2006, 05:27 PM
The crowds are light today. They do have some of the attractions down since it's been raining. Most of the rain has been mostly light but not sure if it will get heavier tonight. No pitctures since it's raining. Trying to avoid hurting my new camera with water...

Thank you for the feedback. I decided against the trip as tomorrow's weather report calls for wind and while I actually enjoy a light rain, I hate wind. Maybe next weekend. I got the same camera you have for Christmas and am dying to try it out at the happiest place on earth. Your night shots look great. Are you using the lens kit that came with the camera or did you get a better lens? I feel like I need a class to get the hang of it!

Enjoy your time at disineyland and thanks for sharing the pictures.

losaitkens
01-14-2006, 05:33 PM
I took a 2 year old and an almost 5 year old last night, and it was pretty pleasant. I have taken them both when they were younger as well.
I think you should be fine with the baby in the stroller, and your older daughter walking (if she is OK with that.) I did that last night, and it worked out great. We saw everything we wanted to see and then some.
Have fun if you decide to go!
(Sorry I can't give you a weather update, I'm in San Diego.)

ahh...San Diego. We used to live there and I miss it terribly.

I had both my girls by myself at the park for a few days over Veterans Day weekend and despite the crowds I really did enjoy it too. We had to nix this weekend due to my weather fears but might try for next weekend as my hope is that Disneyland might actually stay relatively calm for a month or so. Thank you for your well wishes though and hope you have many more pleasant visits to the park yourself.

bassett1976
01-14-2006, 08:09 PM
Thank you for the feedback. I decided against the trip as tomorrow's weather report calls for wind and while I actually enjoy a light rain, I hate wind. Maybe next weekend. I got the same camera you have for Christmas and am dying to try it out at the happiest place on earth. Your night shots look great. Are you using the lens kit that came with the camera or did you get a better lens? I feel like I need a class to get the hang of it!

Enjoy your time at disineyland and thanks for sharing the pictures.

I love this new camera but I still feel I need to take a class to learn the basics. Right now I feel like I'm playing with the buttons. I have the 15mm to 55mm lense that comes with the camera and then I got the second lense (75mm to 300mm) that came apart of the package deal. The pictures I've taken the last two days haven't been with the second lense as I didn't want to take it into the park with me.

The night shots have come out great, at least some of them. I have learned to play with the manual settings to allow enough light to get the lights to pop without the blur. But, I'm still playing with it all.

As far as coming down next weekend, I've been looking up information on the HoJo (link from Mousesavers.com) and they have a better deal on a room the last weekend in January (FYI).