PDA

View Full Version : Is Paradise Pier Hotel adjacent to DTD?

PrincessLeia
01-13-2006, 12:35 PM
Does the Paradise Pier hotel have easy access to the Downtown Disney area, or only to DCA?
Thank you :)

Darkbeer
01-13-2006, 12:47 PM
The Special Entrance to DCA from the Paradise Pier has been closed for about 2 years now.

To get to Downtown Disney, exit out the back (west side) of the hotel, and make a right (north), follow the path/signs, you will walk by the Disneyland Hotel (on your left) until you get to the main DtD walkway, a large Mickey head will be on your left (Disneyland Hotel entrance), the ESPN Zone in front of you, and the AMC theaters to your rigth, make a right (east) and follow the path thru DtD to the Security checkpoints...

MsYumiBr
01-13-2006, 01:07 PM
Wow. They need to re-open that Pier access.

PrincessLeia
01-13-2006, 01:18 PM
Thank you! This is helpful info :)

adriennek
01-13-2006, 01:32 PM
Wow. They need to re-open that Pier access.

If I recall correctly, that gate was rather remote and it was closed because a cast member was beaten by criminals who used the gate to sneak into DCA. Not worth the cost of keeping it open.

If you're a PP guest, you can cross the street at the Grand Californian and take a bit of a 'short cut' to the main gates through that hotel. Also, you could use the GCH gates to DCA.

Adrienne

MsYumiBr
01-13-2006, 02:52 PM
I never knew why they closed that gate. It would not be worth re-opening if someone got beat up. That is just dangerous. Don't they have a tram or bus service to get you to the park? If the South Coast Plaza mall can have a double decker bus service, so can PP. They should develop a pedicab service.

nursemelis374
01-13-2006, 02:52 PM
You know what sucks is that the DL website still states that there is an entrance to DCA from PP. I just checked into it today.

evrythngwmn
01-13-2006, 03:25 PM
The Special Entrance to DCA from the Paradise Pier has been closed for about 2 years now.

To get to Downtown Disney, exit out the back (west side) of the hotel, and make a right (north), follow the path/signs, you will walk by the Disneyland Hotel (on your left) until you get to the main DtD walkway, a large Mickey head will be on your left (Disneyland Hotel entrance), the ESPN Zone in front of you, and the AMC theaters to your rigth, make a right (east) and follow the path thru DtD to the Security checkpoints...

It's actually the Soceror Hat.

cstephens
01-13-2006, 05:20 PM
If you're a PP guest, you can cross the street at the Grand Californian and take a bit of a 'short cut' to the main gates through that hotel.

That was going to be my recommendation too. It's a much shorter walk to and from the Paradise Pier Hotel that way, not that we have much reason to go there anymore...