PDA

View Full Version : How far from Anaheim Marriott?

jasonpbyu
01-13-2006, 09:41 AM
Is it a feasible walk? Kids will be in strollers. Any shortcuts or tips?

tstan70
01-13-2006, 10:20 AM
I haven't walked from the Anaheim Marriott, but I have walked from the Anaheim Hilton next door. It was a long walk pushing a stroller. It was even a long walk when we cut through to the parking area and rode the tram (which is only an option now on weekends and holidays)

I would suggest taking the shuttle (Anaheim Resort Transportation)

jasonpbyu
01-13-2006, 12:05 PM
I haven't walked from the Anaheim Marriott, but I have walked from the Anaheim Hilton next door. It was a long walk pushing a stroller. It was even a long walk when we cut through to the parking area and rode the tram (which is only an option now on weekends and holidays)

I would suggest taking the shuttle (Anaheim Resort Transportation)

thanks. in looking at the ART map, it appears there is a dedicated shuttle for the marriott... M1. There is nothing else on the M line. Can anyone confirm or clarify?

http://www.rideart.org/ART-Map.pdf

Burnt Toast
01-13-2006, 12:13 PM
((I work at the Disney Desk at the Marriott))

Yah, the Marriott went on it's own route because they were having problems with sharing with the Hilton, since the Hilton is the first stop the shuttle would fill up with their guests and not have any room for the Marriott folks.

Anyways, it's a decent walk... takes about 15 minutes really. All you have to do is take the pathway between the Convention Center and the Hilton, walk to Katella... go across the street AT THE CROSSWALK (please!), then walk under the big orange Disneyland Resort sign. Follow the path in the parking lot until you hit the first Lion King parking lot tram stop.

Just remember though (you'd be surprised on how many people don't)... the same place you get dropped off at the East Esplanade, the same exact place where you get picked up! 8:)

Otherwise the ART shuttle is $3 a day per adult... with children 9 and under free. The ART shuttle drops you off at the East Esplanade as well and it's every 20 minutes (no set schedule, just every 20 minutes).

SCUBAbe
01-13-2006, 12:20 PM
I've not walked it, but driving it was very quick. I don't think I would ever walk it. I don't even like walking to PPH or HOJO's after a long day and night in the parks.

adriennek
01-13-2006, 01:27 PM
I have walked it and it's not bad.

I heart the Anaheim Marriott very much. The comforters on the beds are very comfortable. I've been staying there about once a year for several years for an annual convention. This will be only the second year in 10-15 that I won't be, and that's only because I may not go to the convention at all and if I do, I'll commute from home.

I like the main tower pool better because it's partially covered but when we've stayed there, it's been busier. But for rooms, I prefer to stay in the newer tower because it seems to be quieter. Since there are fewer rooms per floor and the suites are in the main tower, the elevators can service that tower much better than the main tower's elevator banks when it's especially busy with conventioneers. Over the years it's been referred to as the North Tower and I think the Oasis Tower.

Adrienne

jasonpbyu
01-13-2006, 01:41 PM
I have walked it and it's not bad.

I heart the Anaheim Marriott very much. The comforters on the beds are very comfortable. I've been staying there about once a year for several years for an annual convention. This will be only the second year in 10-15 that I won't be, and that's only because I may not go to the convention at all and if I do, I'll commute from home.

I like the main tower pool better because it's partially covered but when we've stayed there, it's been busier. But for rooms, I prefer to stay in the newer tower because it seems to be quieter. Since there are fewer rooms per floor and the suites are in the main tower, the elevators can service that tower much better than the main tower's elevator banks when it's especially busy with conventioneers. Over the years it's been referred to as the North Tower and I think the Oasis Tower.

Adrienne

Thanks! How warm are the pools in the winter? We were at the Hojo last January and it was too cold to swim, the water was not warm. We'll be at the Anaheim Marriott from Feb 6 to 11

adriennek
01-13-2006, 02:50 PM
Thanks! How warm are the pools in the winter? We were at the Hojo last January and it was too cold to swim, the water was not warm. We'll be at the Anaheim Marriott from Feb 6 to 11

They're not bad. We're usually there in February, too.

The main tower's pool is partially covered, so that helps. You can use it even if you're in the North Tower, but, of course, you have to walk through the lobby more to get to it. (You can cut across the front of the hotel from the side door through the main door, too - that feels a little faster.)

That's why I like the main tower pool better: The jacuzzi is indoors and half the pool is. The North Tower's pool is entirely outdoors. I've never been in it so I don't know how warm it is.

Adrienne

JDBlair
03-05-2006, 06:42 PM
((I work at the Disney Desk at the Marriott))

We're staying there next week! Maybe we'll get to meet you!!!:D

Opus1guy
03-05-2006, 11:51 PM
Does the Marriott still run those red trolley cars?

They used to contract Disney to service those puppies. I'd always see them backstage at the garage/machine shop being worked on.

jasonpbyu
03-06-2006, 05:32 AM
Does the Marriott still run those red trolley cars?

They used to contract Disney to service those puppies. I'd always see them backstage at the garage/machine shop being worked on.

Marriott doesn't have a shuttle service, they are along the ART route, which does use trolleys.

darph nader
03-06-2006, 05:54 PM
I would venture to guess it's about 3/4 of a mile or so. 20 mins at a decent clip, a little longer pushing a stroller.Of course it seems like 50 miles at 11:00 or Midnight,if you're closing the park.Just my $02.:rolleyes: