PDA

View Full Version : Activities at Disneyland Hotel?

PrincessLeia
01-13-2006, 05:50 AM
I will have a day to myself at Disneyland coming up in February, and have rooms booked at DLH and Candy Cane Inn. My thinking is that if it rains or something, or I want to chill outside of the park, there will be more to do at DLH and it is right at Downtown Disney so it is a better choice than CCI for a "solo" visitor.

What kind of activities do they ususally have going on at the DLH during the day and on weeknights when the parks close early? character events, arts and crafts, fun stuff like that?

Trying to decide if the extra cost to stay at DLH will be worth it!

SCUBAbe
01-13-2006, 12:24 PM
they have a character meal at goofys kitchen, waterfalls and koi ponds to look at, an arcade and boats that can be controlled....for a small fee of course...:)..DTD is close for shopping or meals....the GCH is fun to look around. gch hotel does offer some activities, but I'm not sure if you have to stay there or not.

MsYumiBr
01-13-2006, 12:38 PM
The only thing I can think of is character meet and greet in one of the lobbies. The DLH has swimming (which is warm by the way) and a jacuzzi (some other small pools next to the very small exercise room). The GCH has a lot more activities like a tour and towel folding classes (summer activities). There is a movie theatre in DTD in addition to the video games at ESPN zone. There is a book store too. I haven't heard of any special February activities (i.e. Valentine's day). It's typically just quiet and rainy. Oh, one more thing. They used to have a great show in the little bar next to Goofy's kitchen but that is the old days. It may be worth a phone call.