PDA

View Full Version : Which dates would you chose?

my2princesses
01-12-2006, 01:41 PM
We have been planning on going to the DLR on Feb3-6, but then I realized that is super bowl weekend. I have read it can be quite or it can get busy. We want to go in the off season so we can avoid the summer like crowds we encountered last june. big crowds are not much fun with 2 young kids. So we can either go Jan 27-30, Feb 3-6 or Feb 24-27. Do you think the end of january will be busy because it is the end of ap nights? Which dates would you chose and why?

Thanks so much !

DangerMouse
01-12-2006, 01:55 PM
The only dates you mentioned that I would avoid is Feb 24-27 because of the very large cheerleader convention during those dates.

I think it's a toss up between the other two dates. I am sure the weekends will be busy and the weekdays will be much more pleasant.

Wendi
01-12-2006, 07:31 PM
Well, I'll be there January 30 - February 1 and I'm hoping for light crowds... maybe it'll rain and scare everyone away!!! I don't think there is anything big going on during that time and kids have pretty much all gone back to school, so it shouldn't be too bad.

THpoohbear
01-13-2006, 09:33 AM
I would usually vote for January instead of February because in my experience January is usually SO quite, with Feb. picking up just a little. But in this case your end of Jan. and beginning of Feb. dates are so close that I think either one will be good. And they aren't on the holiday weekends, so I don't think you can go wrong! Have fun!

jasonpbyu
01-13-2006, 09:40 AM
We have been planning on going to the DLR on Feb3-6, but then I realized that is super bowl weekend. I have read it can be quite or it can get busy. We want to go in the off season so we can avoid the summer like crowds we encountered last june. big crowds are not much fun with 2 young kids. So we can either go Jan 27-30, Feb 3-6 or Feb 24-27. Do you think the end of january will be busy because it is the end of ap nights? Which dates would you chose and why?

Thanks so much !

i'll be there with the wife, our 2 kids and my mom from Feb 6 to 10