PDA

View Full Version : Consecutive Days...

Jason Reynolds
03-28-2002, 09:19 PM
Who here has the longest count for going to Disneyland on a day to day basis? (This doesn't apply to employees of D-land.)

Uncle Dick
03-28-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Jason Reynolds
Who here has the longest count for going to Disneyland on a day to day basis? (This doesn't apply to employees of D-land.)
Hmmmmm.... 7 days... before I became a CM.

MammaSilva
03-28-2002, 10:02 PM
9 in a row last August...

Not Afraid
03-28-2002, 11:14 PM
Well, I'm not a CM and I don't generally stay at the park for a vacation, but, my personal best is 5 in a row. If you care to count day-long breaks for life, my PB would be 10 out of 14 days.

Generally, its twice a week, but not consecutive days.

bluepearl
03-29-2002, 02:40 AM
Before I became a CM, my longest Disney marathon was four days straight (it was because the band for Road Trip I liked was there for the weekend, so I caught pieces of their show every day that weekend at different times).

Now as a CM, I will have been at the Resort for 9 days - which started Wednesday and will end next Thursday. Good grief, my car is going to scream for a break!

SueKruse
03-29-2002, 09:30 AM
40 Days

Yep you read that right, I went 40 days in a row. I'm not really THAT obsessed. Well, may be I am. :)

Back when Disneyland was turning 40, they ran a promotion where they gave a different collector card for each year that Disneyland had been open. You had to go to the park every day for 40 days to get each card. I did. Through rain, hail, sleet, snow. Okay, slight exaggeration, but it did rain a lot that year which made the quest difficult at times. Anyway, I went 40 days straight to get the whole set of cards. At the end of 40 days, I said, "I'm sick of coming here and I'm not coming back for a long time!"

Hah! Famous last words, I think I lasted about a week.

zapppop
03-29-2002, 03:26 PM
Just recently I went to Disneyland 5 days in a row.
Each day for a different reason. So far, that's the longest for me.

MonorailMan
03-29-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by SueKruse
40 Days

The Big Question: Did you stay and play for the 40 days, or was it in, get the card, out?

SueKruse
03-29-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan

The Big Question: Did you stay and play for the 40 days, or was it in, get the card, out?

Both.

Some days it was a mad dash to get the card and then leave. It was fun to watch all the other people doing this too. Business men in suits, Moms with the kids, etc.

Other days, I got the card and then stayed and played.

Toward the end, I mostly got the card and then left, it became kind of a chore to go to Disneyland. I swore that when I had the 40th card in my hot little hand (one representing the newly opended Indy attraction), that I'd stay away for quite a while. That day though, I got the card and said, "Ah, heck, I can't leave now that I've dragged myself down here." So of course, I ended up spending the day even though I had carried on about 40 days straight of driving to Disneyland every day being a bit much.