PDA

View Full Version : If you and a friend were to stay the night inside the park...

Jason Reynolds
03-28-2002, 09:16 PM
I'm not sure if this question has been posted before. If you and a friend were trapped, hiding, etc. for the night inside Disneyland, what would you do? I can't imagine what I'd like to go and see/do. Let's hear some input from you guys...

Uncle Dick
03-28-2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Jason Reynolds
I'm not sure if this question has been posted before. If you and a friend were trapped, hiding, etc. for the night inside Disneyland, what would you do? I can't imagine what I'd like to go and see/do. Let's hear some input from you guys...
First, I'd just start running through the empty park. Down Main Street, through the castle, Frontierland, New Orleans Square and Adventureland. By then, security will probably have caught up with me and I'd be ejected from the park. Seriously, I don't think you could do much at Disneyland at night without getting caught.

MammaSilva
03-28-2002, 10:00 PM
It seems to me that I remember several people attempting it and not making it thru the night.....but "if" I had the opportunity hands down I would go visit Walts apartment... if security caught me after I made it there it would be worth it

Ace
03-28-2002, 10:21 PM
has anyone tried to stay the night at Disneyland? if you wanted to, you probably could... there are so many places to hide.

Nigel2
03-28-2002, 10:38 PM
It depends since you are in the view of cameras most of the time, but it could be done if you can avoid being noticed when you hide.

Ace
03-28-2002, 10:57 PM
where could you hide? I'd probably hide in the rafters in the Indy queue... you could just jump down right at the beginning of the day since people would go to that ride first... that or somewhere in critter country.

Nigel2
03-28-2002, 11:00 PM
I think the cameras would notice someone climbing into the "projection booth" on indy since they watch the line.

Rallymonkey23
03-28-2002, 11:20 PM
I know a place at Disneyland that alot of people might not know about. Someplace that I think you could hide and really get away with it.

Not that I'm proud. But some old buddies and I used to go to our "smoking " place.(you get what I mean.) :( Trust me I'm NOT proud of this!!!!!

O.K. I'll tell you where the secret place is.......

When you are walking from Fantacyland toward Fronteirland(behind TMRR) just before you make the left hand turn you will see a little wooden building there(just left of the old stage show "Hunchback". Anyways, we used to jump the fence that is there and go up a little hill and make a left, walk about 200 yards and there was the secret spot. I know that no one has been back there for years because there were alot of old coke BOTTLES(thats right) BOTTLES and not cans there.

To give you the general area you are at in the secret spot is....
You know where the waterfall is at TMRR?? Well just turn around and look across the water and at the top of the hill is the place.

I hopw I wasn't too confusing here.

Not Afraid
03-28-2002, 11:32 PM
That place must still be in use for the same purpose. I occasionally will catch a whif of that distinct smell wafting over the Big Thunder trail. I used to think it was from the smoking section and wondered how anyone could be so blatent. Mystery solved!

Now, back to the topic.......I'd curl up in Walt's Apartment and have a glorious Disney sleep (until I got caught, sent to jail and had my AP revoked for life:eek: .

innerSpaceman
03-29-2002, 08:57 AM
I know some good places to hide, but I will not be posting them here for CMs to read and do something to block unauthorized, naughty guest access.

That being said, whether or not it's feasable, I have always wanted to spend the night on Tom Sawyer Island.

Cadaverous Pallor
03-29-2002, 10:51 AM
I know most people know this story - I'm posting this for the newbies, and the ones that are considering trying this. :)

Two little boys, brothers, decided to hide out in Disneyland. They hid on the lsland until after closing. They got lonely and scared and decided to try get home. Their only way was to swim - and the younger brother couldn't swim. So the older kid let the younger one hold onto him, and they tried to swim across.

They both drowned. Drowned in the green water of the Rivers of America. :( :crying:

This story is true. I've read it in a bunch of different Disneyland sources.

So kids, don't hide out in Disneyland! It will be dark and scary and quiet and bad things can happen.

Uncle Dick
03-29-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
I know most people know this story - I'm posting this for the newbies, and the ones that are considering trying this. :)

Two little boys, brothers, decided to hide out in Disneyland. They hid on the lsland until after closing. They got lonely and scared and decided to try get home. Their only way was to swim - and the younger brother couldn't swim. So the older kid let the younger one hold onto him, and they tried to swim across.

They both drowned. Drowned in the green water of the Rivers of America. :( :crying:
Actually, just the older brother drowned. The younger one was rescued by CMs. Read all about it here (http://www.snopes2.com/disney/parks/deaths.htm).

Gracy_hm
03-29-2002, 08:38 PM
I would learn Walts posture and bring cloths he would wear then bring a make-up artist who had made appliances for my face 1 hour before closing I would go in a bathroom get my Walt costume / Make-up "Rick Baker" and then runn out and hide. I would go into walts apartment and wait for secuity and when they came I would scare them to DEATH!!!!!

Gracy_hm
03-30-2002, 04:49 PM
So what would you do??? Don't take my Dress like Walt and make security frightend :)

MonorailMan
03-30-2002, 06:15 PM
Ok, let's set it up semi-real:

You enter a contest to spend a night in Walt's apartment, you win, what are you going to do all night in DL/DCA?

I would stay up like super late and see how everything works, also I would drive the Fire Engine around through the park (just like Walt), and have a good time, maybe get in a Mickey costume to interact with the kids, have a chat with Maynard, and other stuff. :)

DisneylandBoy
03-30-2002, 06:40 PM
I would walk around and just see EVERYTHING in Disneyland. It would be so cool if everything was open and you were the only guest in the park!

TecTalker2K
03-31-2002, 08:44 AM
I would take my wonderful S/O to Walt's apartment. I would spend the night making long and passionate love to her. We would get up in the morning and have a hearty character breakfast.

Ace
03-31-2002, 11:06 AM
I'd ride a bike through Disneyland at top speed... muhahahahahahahaa.

Morrigoon
03-31-2002, 06:34 PM
That could be fun. (the biking I mean... or rollerblading!)

I have actually heard stories of guests managing to successfully spend the night in the park. However, their means of doing so was so effective that I will not share it online, because it could still be done. (sorry guys) I've also heard a story about a CM who'd become homeless, actually living at the park for several months before getting caught. Nope, won't share that either ;) Although I think that spot's been covered.

SweenyTodd
04-01-2002, 12:04 PM
Being caught not withstanding - I'd stay at the Mansion. Maybe camp out somewhere in the graveyard.

Yeah, I'm kind of odd that way.