PDA

View Full Version : What does it mean when the hotels are booked months in advance?

Gymgirl975
01-11-2006, 07:47 PM
Heading to Disneyland March 11-18th. I got a rate on Expedia for $165 dollars a night last month. I kept checking Expedia for better rates and today they are SOLD OUT for those dates. I went to disneyland.com and plugged in my dates---sold out there too. I know it is Arizona's spring break. I don't mind crowds. Busy is okay with me. We go in the summer. But with the hotels being sold out, will it be MORE CROWDED than in the summer? Christmas type crowds are not really okay with me......Help!

blueckles
01-11-2006, 08:40 PM
The thing is, you won't really know for sure if the completely booked hotels mean Disneyland will be busier, until you actually get there :(

The "sold out" hotels could mean a number of things. Maybe the websites you checked don't have any more rooms that the hotels allow them to book. Or, maybe there is a convention in town around that time.

A helpful suggestion that you might want to consider is to call the hotels that you were interested in, directly. They might be able to offer you a room when you call, or at least a reason for the "sold out" result you got.

Hope this helps! :)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
01-11-2006, 08:52 PM
It means you are going during the beginning of the busy spring break season!

pisces
01-11-2006, 09:07 PM
It could mean a convention. When they sell-out due to conventions.....I don't know if heavy conventions/trade shows always indicates a crowded park, necessarily.

Maybe there's some way you can check with the Anaheim Chamber of Commerce to find out what conventions/trade shows are going on during those dates?

dsnydon
01-12-2006, 06:06 AM
:~D It's going to be a mad house.

junglemom
01-12-2006, 06:34 AM
try this link for anaheim conventions... someone just gave it to me last week... http://www.anaheimoc.org/convcalendar/index.cfm it's very helpful.

katiesue
01-12-2006, 09:00 AM
I had this same problem when booking rooms for next weekend - I booked in October. I kept checking to see if things opened up more. Finally last week I called Disneyland Hotel directly and got an awesome AP rate. I had phoned in December and the AP rate they quoted me then was three times as much.

I'd keep trying as the dates get closer.

srfantasmic
01-12-2006, 09:17 AM
We went in November even though hotels were sold out. Disneyland reached capacity and it was not fun.

Friends of ours went in early December even though hotels were sold out. Disneyland reached capacity and it was not fun for them.

My sister went in mid December even though hotels were sold out. Disneyland reached capacity ad it was not fun for them.

It seems like with the 50th going on this year, if hotels are sold out there is a good chance it will be very crowded/full. Even if people are packing the hotels for a convention, more convention-goers are stopping by Disneyland to see the 50th stuff.

Try going a different weekend?

Gymgirl975
01-12-2006, 09:57 AM
it's our spring break. We thought it was early enough to miss the huge crazy crowds. Easter isn't until mid April and this is mid-March. We thought it would be busier than usual, pretty summer like. We weren't expecting an empty park, but weren't expecting capacity either.

MsYumiBr
01-12-2006, 10:19 AM
Between conventions, weddings and people planning long vacations who book 6 months in advance, I found being sold out a month in advance to be the norm. When you really want to stay at the DLH, book 6 months in advance to avoid the let down. When this happens, I book rooms elsewhere. Then, 5 days before check in start calling. Last day to cancel is 3 days before check in so after that point it's pretty much useless. I was told most people that have to pay for the room anyway, use it.

VAmundson
01-12-2006, 05:28 PM
For what it's worth we did a last minute trip to Disneyland on December 27, 2005. Busiest week of the year - but we were able to get a room at the Disneyland hotel the day before our stay simply by calling the hotel directly.

It may not happen often but it does happen.

adriennek
01-12-2006, 06:56 PM
I can personally vouch that sold out hotels could be for a convention. I regularly attend a weekend-long convention in Anaheim that sells out many of the area hotels months in advance without providing much if any impact on the resort. Usually it's in February or March but this year it's in April so that will really mess with some Spring Breakers.

Adrienne

asharpcook
01-13-2006, 04:51 AM
This coming Monday is a school holiday for Martin Luther King. All California schools will be out, so it probably will be a busy weekend.
AS:confused:

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
01-13-2006, 06:36 AM
it means a cheerleading convention...

please...run while you still have a chance!! thats probably THE worst time to go. hahaha :~D

prncsmsj
01-13-2006, 09:02 AM
Heading to Disneyland March 11-18th. I got a rate on Expedia for $165 dollars a night last month. I kept checking Expedia for better rates and today they are SOLD OUT for those dates. I went to disneyland.com and plugged in my dates---sold out there too. I know it is Arizona's spring break. I don't mind crowds. Busy is okay with me. We go in the summer. But with the hotels being sold out, will it be MORE CROWDED than in the summer? Christmas type crowds are not really okay with me......Help!
We are going the first part of that week, and we have had no problems getting into anything. Travelocity still has availability for all the Disney hotels. Also, when we went in December, hotels were sold out, but the parks were fantastic. Only really busy on one day.