PDA

View Full Version : Park Hopper Tickets

ruthjohn
03-28-2002, 08:39 PM
I am very confused. First of all they say you must use up the tickets within 13 days of first use, but you can exchange expired ones for new ones. (read this on the disney web site) Does this mean you exchange a day for a day or just get a discount? Should I get a 5 day?
Also I want to get the 2 day Park Hopper available on the military base we are stationed at. I was told I could go from park to park each day, but someone else said only one or the other park each day. Can someone please clarifiy this for me? I am not sure how many days of park hopper to get. I plan on going for 3 days, but with the military discount there is no 3 day park hopper. Thanks!

Lani
03-29-2002, 09:00 AM
Hi ruthjohn. I'm afraid the reason nobody has responded to your query is because you ask multiple and complicated questions. I will try to tackle what I can.
I am very confused. First of all they say you must use up the tickets within 13 days of first use, but you can exchange expired ones for new ones. (read this on the disney web site) Does this mean you exchange a day for a day or just get a discount? Should I get a 5 day?
I've scoured through the Disneyland Web site and I cannot find mention of anything related to exchanging leftover tickets. What I see is that the multi-day passes currently sold through their Web site must get activated by January 7 of next year. That is, if I have a 3-day Park Hopper, I have to at least use my first day's worth on or before January 7.

There is also a note that tells me that once I activate a Park Hopper, I have to use it up within 13 days.

Now that Disneyland is selling Park Hoppers, make sure not to confuse them with the Walt Disney World (in Orlando) Park Hoppers. The rules for WDW Park Hoppers differ, the biggest being that those don't expire. If I only use four out of five days on my WDW 5-Day Park Hopper, I can save my pass to use for one more day on another visit in the future.

I want to get the 2 day Park Hopper available on the military base we are stationed at. I was told I could go from park to park each day, but someone else said only one or the other park each day.
You are right in that the Stars & Stripes Pass (for the military) has only been available in one- and two-day increments. You are asking the wrong group about these, though. In fact, don't even talk to your other military friends about this. The only place you can get accurate information is at your base MWR office. They will actually have the tickets in person, and can read the fine print on the back for you. It is important to contact MWR directly because the Stars & Stripes passes change seasonally, including prices as well as conditions.

Also in case you are not aware, Disney has instituted the Armed Forces Salute. If you are visiting either Disneyland or WDW within the next month (through the end of April), you can go at a substantial discount. You can read about it in the article I wrote for MousePlanet here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm011228.htm).

Good luck!

berol
04-07-2002, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by lani
I've scoured through the Disneyland Web site and I cannot find mention of anything related to exchanging leftover tickets.

It is near the bottom of Disneyland's 2002 Special Offers tickets page.
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneylandresort/ResortInfo/Tickets/TicketPrices/index?id=6071&Grouping=TG

greg

disneynut
04-07-2002, 08:33 PM
The way that I read that was that if you have an unused, expired hopper ticket you can use it towards the purchase of a new ticket. By unused, I'm thinking that if it's a 3 day pass, all 3 days must never have been used.
How is everybody else reading this?