PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic! Secrets

Pages : [1] 2

disneyland addict13
01-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Over the past year or so I've accumulated alot of awesome and interesting information about Disneyland from this amazing website but the one thing I haven't really read much about is Fantasmic! I'd love to learn more about the breathtaking experience that is, Fantasmic! For example, how many different Mickeys are used during the show? and, how do the lifts beneath the Tom Sawyer Island stage work exactly? Thanks for any and all information!!

disneyland addict13
01-11-2006, 02:51 PM
By the way...does anyone happen to know the cost of the riverside Fantasmic! seating (not balcony) and what is served? Thanks so much!

olegc
01-11-2006, 03:08 PM
By the way...does anyone happen to know the cost of the riverside Fantasmic! seating (not balcony) and what is served? Thanks so much!

$56.00 per seat. Mickey shaped rice krispy treats, chocolate dipped coconut macaroons, chocolate covered straberries, berry filled cookies.

coffe, tea, hot chocolate, sodas, water.

disneyland addict13
01-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Thank you so much for this information!!! It is greatly appreciated!

disneyland addict13
01-11-2006, 03:30 PM
Also, how is the view from the riverside seating? Are all effects of the show visible? And where exactly is it?

simbaNnala101
01-11-2006, 03:31 PM
Hello the riverside seating is $53 a person and $106 for two. They also serve you jello and fruit if you ask for it.

Chiidesu
01-11-2006, 04:42 PM
I thought the treats varied from time to time? I heard there was cheescake and other things.

dehnehsu
01-11-2006, 05:40 PM
More info can be found at this link...

http://www.oitc.com/Disney/Disneyland/secrets/Frontier/Fantasmic.html

ILoveChurros
01-11-2006, 05:44 PM
Over the past year or so I've accumulated alot of awesome and interesting information about Disneyland from this amazing website but the one thing I haven't really read much about is Fantasmic! I'd love to learn more about the breathtaking experience that is, Fantasmic! For example, how many different Mickeys are used during the show? and, how do the lifts beneath the Tom Sawyer Island stage work exactly? Thanks for any and all information!!

There are four Mickeys I believe...one in a tuxedo, one dressed as a prince or robin hood-esque outfit, Steamboat Mickey, and Sorceror Mickey.

Also, after the monkeys are done dancing with King Louie the dancers strip out of their monkey outfits and viola! they are pirates...then they dash to the Colombia to get ready for the Peter Pan segment.

SandraVB79
01-11-2006, 11:51 PM
How many CMs are involved in Fantasmic! ?

There are 4 Mickeys, there is the snake, the flower, the monkeys, princesses + princes, euhm... witch, evil queen, Peter Pan & co on Columbia, all the characters on the Mark Twain, ...

cstephens
01-12-2006, 03:46 AM
There are four Mickeys I believe...one in a tuxedo, one dressed as a prince or robin hood-esque outfit, Steamboat Mickey, and Sorceror Mickey.

The second Mickey, the one that actually defeats the dragon, is Brave Little Tailor Mickey.

Oh, and pet peeve of mine, it's Steamboat WILLIE, not Steamboat Mickey.

yellowrosedtxn
01-12-2006, 05:20 AM
Which is better? The balcony or riverside? And they cost the same? Thanks for all this information!

SandraVB79
01-12-2006, 06:04 AM
Which is better? The balcony or riverside? And they cost the same? Thanks for all this information!

Bridge at POTC
Oh, and that one is free... :rolleyes:

blewellen
01-12-2006, 06:31 AM
The bridge is my favorite place also!

SandraVB79
01-12-2006, 07:33 AM
You arrive 10 minutes before it starts, and still have a great view.
Ok, that doesn't work if you're with a larger group, and you have to stand...

You could also watch the "backstage" show from Hungry Bear during first showing from F! and then, when people from F!1 leave through Adventureland, grab a great seat at ROA for F!2. I did that too, worked fine!

LLevy
01-12-2006, 08:59 AM

Having done most of the possibilites for viewing over the years...

we started out by arriving early for the first show, and staking out good seats on the ground, front and center. we enjoyed meeting people around us, and brought decks of cards and a blanket, so we could be reasonably comfortable and amused. Played alot of old maid and go fish with the kids around us, and the parents would get us snacks..

being close to the action, feeling the heat from the dragons flames, looking UP at the hugh Pirate ship as it comes suddenly upon you, and the mist from the water screens gives you a full sense experience that you do NOT get on the balcony. you may have to fight to keep your space. people have a tendancy to try to nudge you into a smaller and smaller space.. and having to ask people in front of you to sit down and take off the large hats is akward. AND- we're getting older, the ground is getting harder...

a couple of times we've tried the "wait till the lsast minute and find space", including the "right behind the rising light tree" theory. we got an OK view, but not really worth it to me.

so- on our honeymoon, we booked the riverside seating. Because we checked in early (long before we were told to) we were the 2nd group seated, got front row, and were able to pick seats between the solid stone lamp stands that do block some of the view. We were close enought to get the flame and water and feel more like being part of things. we got enough to eat and drink(again, no second trips) and an OK view of the fireworks afterwards- they do do some of the "projections" onto the island, so you do get a bit of the special effects from main street, but cannot see any of the low level effects.

We've done balcony a couple of times, and my feeling is-- if you've seen it from up close enough that you know what you are missing, go ahead and book balcony. It's easy, and the food is good. but it's sort of like seeing it on TV.. small screen, no senses involved except sight and sound.. you do get a reasonably good view of the fireworks though.

(note: at both paid locations expect to find time and attention for only one plate full.- you'll get distracted by the show and won't get up to get more- so take that into consideration when deciding on how much to pay.)

LL

RStar
01-12-2006, 09:08 PM
A little trivia:

The fire that comes out of the dragon's mouth is powdered coffee creamer. It is flamable, but is not as dangerous as gas.

A rumor that I heard from someone who worked sound at F! durring one of it's fisrt years told me that a rather large carp got stuck in one of the water canons that shoot water from under the water screen when monstro's tail hits the water, and the carp went flying into the audiance.

And for me the best seat is center front row by the fence. Feeling the spray of the water screen, the heat of the fire, and the fog rolling off the edge of the river makes it such a memorable experience.

~Bob

ILoveChurros
01-23-2006, 09:11 PM
The second Mickey, the one that actually defeats the dragon, is Brave Little Tailor Mickey.

Oh, and pet peeve of mine, it's Steamboat WILLIE, not Steamboat Mickey.

I meant to type Willie but I was thinking of the Mickeys...I know what the darn boat is called no need to get in a huff.

stan4d_steph
01-24-2006, 06:49 AM
People have posted a lot of Fantasmic! secrets posted on the old Disneyland secrets thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=1136). :)

geoffa
01-24-2006, 02:34 PM
How many CMs are involved in Fantasmic! ?

There are 4 Mickeys, there is the snake, the flower, the monkeys, princesses + princes, euhm... witch, evil queen, Peter Pan & co on Columbia, all the characters on the Mark Twain, ...

And did you realise that Maleficent can sometimes be played by a MALE CM?:)

cstephens
01-24-2006, 06:31 PM

Sometimes?

"Hi, Bill!"

OldDisneyFan
01-24-2006, 10:22 PM
Hi - my first post, so bear with me. We visited DLR last October with our 2 grandkids (12& 8) after more than 20 years away from S. Calif. A lot of changes since we first went there (the first year it opened!) We had a great 5 days there and lucked out on bearable crowds, and saw/did everything. The one thing we missed was Fantasmic - only one time on the schedule while we were there and it was rained/lightninged out. So disappointing! Well, I've been wondering if anyone knows if there is a video of Fantasmic for sale anywhere, or does anyone have one I could buy? Thanks for any information.

SandraVB79
01-24-2006, 11:51 PM

Yes, I did :)

geoffa
01-25-2006, 02:18 AM
Hi - my first post, so bear with me. We visited DLR last October with our 2 grandkids (12& 8) after more than 20 years away from S. Calif. A lot of changes since we first went there (the first year it opened!) We had a great 5 days there and lucked out on bearable crowds, and saw/did everything. The one thing we missed was Fantasmic - only one time on the schedule while we were there and it was rained/lightninged out. So disappointing! Well, I've been wondering if anyone knows if there is a video of Fantasmic for sale anywhere, or does anyone have one I could buy? Thanks for any information.

Go to WDWMagic.com. You'll have to subscribe (about $3.50 for a month) - they have all sorts of videos but the Fantasmic one is at:

http://62.105.97.6/search?q=fantasmic+video&btnG=Search&restrict=wdwmagic&filter=0&ie=&site=www_lantek_co_uk&output=xml_no_dtd&client=www_lantek_co_uk&lr=&proxystylesheet=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wdwmagic.com%2Fwd wmagic.xslt&oe=

As you can see there are a few to choose from.

There is a shortened version available on a park video called "Disneyland - A day at the Happiest Place on Earth" released in 1993 but I doubt they still sell it. You could try to search on Ebay maybe. Hope all this helps. Also see PRIVATE message I've sent you on User CP;)

Chiidesu
01-25-2006, 07:23 AM

There's also a video you can download at www.visionsfantastic.com. You have to register there too, but it's free :D Not sure about the quality of the video of geoffa's source, but the one at VF is alright. It also shows an alternate ending! Of course, nothing's compared to seeing it in real life, so if you are able to wait until you come to Disneyland again, I would wait.