PDA

View Full Version : Is Super Bowl Sunday really a good day to go?

Melaniee
01-10-2006, 10:03 PM
Or is that just an Urban Legend.

:~D

mi_mous
01-11-2006, 12:04 AM
I have heard that too, and I am curious to see as well what the responses will be.
I would think that it is an urban legend this year, mainly with the 50th creating more people visiting the park.

Moonliner
01-11-2006, 05:47 AM
We went to WDW on Superbowl Sunday a few years back. It was freaking unreal. Both MK and Epcot were ghost towns. We walked right on to every ride in both parks the entire day. I still giggle to myself when I think about that day... :)

Of course that was WDW and not DLR... Oh, and Tampa was IN the superbowl that year.....

stan4d_steph
01-11-2006, 05:53 AM
Click this link for previous discussion (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=24661). :)

Melaniee
01-11-2006, 06:18 AM
Bummer.

Thanks though. Maybe people in Florida are more football fans than So Cal. LOL.

Moonliner
01-11-2006, 06:41 AM
Bummer.

Thanks though. Maybe people in Florida are more football fans than So Cal. LOL.

Or perhaps you just need a SoCal team to make it to the Superbowl someday... :D

ralfrick
01-11-2006, 07:36 AM
We used to go skiing on Super Bowl Sunday, but these days it's not a big difference, especially on the West Coast, because the game starts so late in the day.

Cheers.

Melaniee
01-11-2006, 03:35 PM
Or perhaps you just need a SoCal team to make it to the Superbowl someday... :D

LMAO...I guess there'd need to be a team first, right?

MrsG
01-11-2006, 05:58 PM
We usually go on super bowl Sunday (unless the Raiders are in it and that sure doesn't happen that often) and I don't remember it ever being too bad.

newhdplayer
01-11-2006, 07:27 PM
Two years ago Seaworld was wide open. We made the mistake of agreeing to go with some friends, before checking the calendar. And since our house rule is "family before football", it was used against me, much to my chagrin.:(

WITron
01-11-2006, 08:27 PM
I went on Super Bowl Sunday 9 years ago and the park was empty. The fun thing was we took the monorail over to the Disneyland Hotel and watched the game at the bar there. They had all kinds of games and prizes. One of the games was an interactive game where you would guess what type of play would be made and which direction and you would get points based on your guess. We almost won free park tickets, but as I was walking out after the Packers won, someone gave me a Packers penant that they had won and it hangs above my computer.

FantasmicFanatic
01-12-2006, 01:01 AM
Went last year, E M P T Y ! The 10:30 Fantasmic maybe had 200 people watching, not kidding! Go for it!

FF