PDA

View Full Version : DCA to be featured on TV Sat.

BJW
03-28-2002, 05:19 PM
I saw a commercial for a TV show called "Best of California" that comes on NBC. (KCRA Ch. 3 in Northern California, I'm not sure what it is in Southern California) On Saturday I believe at 7 PM they will be featuring DCA as one of the best tourist attractions to visit when in California. The commercial showed California Screamin, Golden Gateway, and Grizzly Peak. The show will feature other tourist attractions as well.

Brown Monkey
03-28-2002, 06:22 PM
Anyone know any details of if this is showing in Southern Cali? And if so, at what time? I'm interested to see if they'll show any previews for the coming attractions.

socabch
03-28-2002, 07:23 PM
Brown Monkey

I wanted to see it also. So I checked with NBC in San Diego. Sorry SD or LA is not showing it. It's a local broadcast choice. Mostly only the prime time shows are the same everywhere. Sacremento decided to air the show. Maybe we should e-mail our local NBC affliates and ask for it.

Uncle Dick
03-28-2002, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by BJW
I saw a commercial for a TV show called "Best of California" that comes on NBC. (KCRA Ch. 3 in Northern California, I'm not sure what it is in Southern California) On Saturday I believe at 7 PM they will be featuring DCA as one of the best tourist attractions to visit when in California. The commercial showed California Screamin, Golden Gateway, and Grizzly Peak. The show will feature other tourist attractions as well.
Hmmmm... They had a big camera set up going on out in front of DCA today, complete with a giant bluescreen behind the "C" and "A". Wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Ghoulish Delight
03-28-2002, 10:53 PM
I wonder how much Disney paid for this advertisement, errr TV show. I'm not surprised they aren't showing it in SoCal. Most people down here have at least heard some of the bad buzz about DCA, so most people here would see right through a blatant product shot like that knowing it was a desparate gasp. Whereas if you get out of SoCal, not as many people are likely to know how poorly the park is doing, so while most people are still smart enough to recognize a blatant advertising ploy, they probably won't view as desparation, but in a more positive light.

DisneylandKid
03-29-2002, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick

Hmmmm... They had a big camera set up going on out in front of DCA today, complete with a giant bluescreen behind the "C" and "A". Wonder if that has anything to do with it. What would they be doing with a bluescreen? Probably trying to "condense" the park like they do in most ads... (so that viewers can see everything).

Brown Monkey
04-04-2002, 07:11 PM
Hey everyone. For all of you that live in the L.A. area, we're in luck. It turns out that the TV show "Best of California" does in fact run here in So Cal! I just finished watching a commercial for it on TV. And guess what the next episode will show. DCA of course! I guess we're just a little behind up north. Anyway, the segment will broadcast on NBC (Ch. 4) this Saturday, April 6th, and 7:30 pm.

berol
04-04-2002, 10:07 PM
Here's the URL about the show. It took me a week to figure out how to post it.

http://gocalif.ca.gov/state/tourism/tour_htmldisplay.jsp?iOID=19858&sFilePath=/tourism/htdocs/Best_of_CA.html