PDA

View Full Version : Lobster Nachos?

kkmickey
01-10-2006, 03:15 PM
I saw someone mention Lobster Nachos on this board once - what are they like, and where can I get them?

KKMickey

Micki0624
01-10-2006, 03:24 PM
I love the lobster nachos. At DCA around 3:00pm the bar at I think it's called Avalon Coast, you know where they have the character breakfast overlooking CA Screamin'. Instead of going downstairs for dinner you walk straight across to the back where the bar is.

The bar is outdoors so you can see the rollercoaster. They have many appitizers including lobster nachos, buffalo wings, pizza, and spinich and artichoke dip, YUM!

The nachos are from what I remember like regular nachos but with shredded lobster all over the chips. Very yummy.

kkmickey
01-10-2006, 03:27 PM
Can you make reservations?

mcow1
01-10-2006, 04:01 PM
It's at the Cove Bar above Ariel's Grotto in DCA. There's a gate a little past Ariel's entrance you can go in or you can cut through the Ariel's entrance. I don't think you can make reservations, but I've never seen it very crowded either. I really enjoy them. It's like a mountain of nachos with cheese and black beans and a whole bunch of lobster meat on top. Good margaritas too.

disneyscott
01-10-2006, 04:15 PM
Does anyonyone have a menu with prices from the Cove Bar?

kkmickey
01-10-2006, 04:39 PM
I called Disney dining and they said no reservations, the bar is just walk in. I looked it up elsewhere on the internet, and the price mentioned was $10.99 for lobster nachos, and the serving was pretty generous. I don't know how long ago this price was mentioned.

Yay! I am always looking for new and interesting things to try at Disney. I have to admit, I haven't eaten at very many places in DCA. Any other suggestions (besides Pilot's Grille?)

mcow1
01-10-2006, 05:19 PM
I and the price mentioned was $10.99 for lobster nachos, and the serving was pretty generous. I don't know how long ago this price was mentioned.

That's about right some reasonable prices there, for drinks too. And, if you like wings they're not bad either.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
01-10-2006, 05:19 PM
didn't try them but spotted a table with two heaping platters of lobster nachos as we walked by and they sure looked yummy!

cstephens
01-10-2006, 05:50 PM
I'm one of those who thinks the lobster nachos don't live up to their hype. Granted, it's been a year or so since we last had them. They were good, but the lobster meat wasn't all that great. I'd have preferred it without the lobster and had them take a few bucks off the price. There is a generous serving of nachos. After I'd had them, I kept hearing other people say how amazing they were. :confused: :confused: :confused:

SCUBAbe
01-10-2006, 06:26 PM
lobster nachos are disgusting. i have had them 3 times...all three times they have come swimming in grease, the outside chips are burnt, the inside is cold with non-melted cheese and the lobster tastes like it comes from a can and it is cold as well....disgusting nasty dish...(on a side note...the third time I did not order them...my friend did....they were still gross...LOL)

Darkbeer
01-10-2006, 07:05 PM
You can get either Lobster, or ask to substitute Chicken for the same price (FYI, the Lobster meat is Claw meat, not tail). The chips themselves are the Mission Tortillas made in the park freshly deep fried.

I like the nachos, but I also like the Artichoke Dip (using the same chips).

Here is a link to the Cove Bar Menu...

http://www.dlresortinfo.com/DCAMenus/CoveBar/covebar.html