PDA

View Full Version : Fullfilling a dream [Finding a temp. DLR job at age 32]

CaptainHook15
01-10-2006, 01:04 PM
Growing up 30 minutes from Disneyland I have always wanted to work at the park. After 13 years in Florida after high school I moved back to California. I have lived in Sacramento for the last 2 yrs.
My question is this: I am planning on moving back to Florida by the end of the year... should I attempt to work, at least throughout the summer at Disney to fullfill this dream of mine? Do they even hire 32 yr olds to work in the park?

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Is this a crazy idea?

Thanks.

Tim

stan4d_steph
01-10-2006, 01:33 PM
If you have availability and a skill set that fills the job, I don't think age is going to be an issue. Are you looking to work at DL just until you move to Florida?

Mrs. Newseditor44
01-10-2006, 01:42 PM
They'll hire anybody with the availability. My friends mom was in her mid 50s when she started working there. I knew people who took a PT weekend job at Disneyland to earn extra money as well. Its not uncommon for someone in their 30s to work at Disneyland in any position.

DisneyLynn
01-10-2006, 02:13 PM
Go for it! If I wasn't an hour away I'd totally consider doing it.

CaptainHook15
01-10-2006, 03:11 PM
My thought was to at least work through the summer if not through the end of the year. I have family down there I would live with that are about 10 minutes from the park.

pisces
01-10-2006, 03:52 PM
Growing up 30 minutes from Disneyland I have always wanted to work at the park. After 13 years in Florida after high school I moved back to California. I have lived in Sacramento for the last 2 yrs.
My question is this: I am planning on moving back to Florida by the end of the year... should I attempt to work, at least throughout the summer at Disney to fullfill this dream of mine? Do they even hire 32 yr olds to work in the park?

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Is this a crazy idea?

Thanks.

Tim

It's not crazy at all. How old are those men-of-a-certain-age, who operate the turnstile at the GCH entrance to DCA?????

ToursbabeC3po
01-10-2006, 07:34 PM
They would love you. They hire people in the 60's they don't care. If you just want a temp job they will love you even more that is what they want now. No full timers. Go for it.

ssmccullough
01-11-2006, 12:23 AM
Go for it! If I wasn't an hour away I'd totally consider doing it.

I lived 80 miles away and did it! If you can make enough to afford the gas it is an awesome experience!