PDA

View Full Version : mailing publicizing the MONSTERS INC ride

potzbie
01-10-2006, 01:04 PM
I got a mailing in today's mail.
It apparently is directed to Annual Passholders, and is plugging the new MONSTERS INC (Mike And Sully To The Rescue) ride.
It is NOT the quarterly newsletter.

The front side (address side) says, "Warning! A child is loose in Monstropolis!"
The backside says, "Where's Boo? Look inside to find out."

As you unfold the mailing, it has three doors which you can open and see what is behind each door, of which the first two doors mention the newest features (advertising) and third door is where Boo and Sully are.

"Spotlights offers" :
January, reserve seating in the Animation Academay in DCA.
February, free "Crispitos" dessert at (Frontierland) Rancho Del Zocalo.

To tell you the truth, the #1 thing I am looking forward to is the new menu at Rachno Del Zocalo.
It is my favorite place to eat because its selections are different from all other eateries in DLR.
It was higher on my list when the old menu, with RIBS and BBQ CHICKEN, were the features.

vickieluvsmickey
01-10-2006, 03:32 PM
I got mine, too! :D

raych30
01-10-2006, 04:46 PM
I got mine in the mail today, too!:)

cstephens
01-10-2006, 05:57 PM
I thought it was a cute mailer.

I want to know where the hidden Mickeys are.

I used to love Rancho's last menu. This one, not so much. Guess I'll have to go back to the burrito next time.

jdee
01-10-2006, 07:01 PM
I also got mine!

averagedork
01-11-2006, 11:12 AM
That's been the same menu for like 6 months right?

geoffa
01-11-2006, 11:43 AM
I got a mailing in today's mail.
It apparently is directed to Annual Passholders, and is plugging the new MONSTERS INC (Mike And Sully To The Rescue) ride.....etc

SPOILER - SPOILER....if you want to see the ride in advance there's a video of the soft opening at:

http://www.mousetimes.com/nuke/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=10

It's the third item dow the page - 53.80 MB

cstephens
01-12-2006, 04:23 AM
That's been the same menu for like 6 months right?

Nope. Don't know when they changed it, but I know it wasn't changed as of at least mid-November. Someone on another board had mentioned a menu change coming, so I made sure to go then, and then the menu change was postponed. Don't know when the actual menu changed happened.

Andrew
01-12-2006, 09:55 AM
We got ours last night. I was impressed with the quality and cleverness of the mailing, and we're looking forward to seeing the new attraction. We'll likely eat at RdZ on our next trip (early February) if for no other reason that the free Crispitos!

MsYumiBr
01-12-2006, 11:25 AM
I finally got my flyer. My daughter had already opened the doors by the time I got home. We have already been on Monster's Inc. last weekend. It was very cute and little kids will like it. I am interested in the animation thing they were talking about but it only offers it during the week? Has anyone done this? Is it offered on the weekend for a price?

Darkbeer
01-12-2006, 11:32 AM
I finally got my flyer. My daughter had already opened the doors by the time I got home. We have already been on Monster's Inc. last weekend. It was very cute and little kids will like it. I am interested in the animation thing they were talking about but it only offers it during the week? Has anyone done this? Is it offered on the weekend for a price?

The Animation Academy replaced the Drawn to Animation show in the Animation building. Basically you are taught to draw a character's face (they change) in about 15 minutes, you are given paper and pencil.

There is usually never a wait, even on weekends, and it is free.

So there is no real benefit for the AP offer, except to drive additional AP holders thru the exhibit/attraction.

MsYumiBr
01-12-2006, 12:46 PM
Thanks Darkbeer. They made it sound like you had to make an appointment or something.

charpaul
01-12-2006, 02:25 PM
I love the new Animation Academy. I have been through this attraction several times now and have drawn about 8 different characters. It runs every 20 minutes.
They now have a small easel outside the entrance to the "Academy" that shows you what character they will be drawing next. I still miss the old show with Mushu – but I enjoy the interactive drawing in this so much more!!!!

mi_mous
01-14-2006, 01:49 AM
I thought it was a cute mailer.

I want to know where the hidden Mickeys are.

I used to love Rancho's last menu. This one, not so much. Guess I'll have to go back to the burrito next time.

I think I may have found one tonight, when I was on the ride.. it wasn't "in" the ride, but all over the place on the taxi that they show on posters, and on teh TV screens. (Look at the headlights!):D

Chemmech
01-14-2006, 04:30 PM
They were offering a soft opening to the public last Sunday :) 1-1-6 .