PDA

View Full Version : Rave about customer service for this AP holder

jennia
01-10-2006, 09:46 AM
Last July we renewed our Annual Passes. Four days later my husband was in a major car accident. About a month after that accident I emailed to ask if the passes could be put on hold. I volunteered to give Disneyland proff of the accident or whatever they needed. Right away they wrote back and said that they would put the passes on hold effective the date of the accident. They did ask that I send the copy of my husband's ER bill that I had volunteered to send.

Fast forward to January 5..... Finally DH was ready to give the park a try. We went to the Guest services window (right outside the main gate) and told them we wanted to remove the hold from our passes. Evidently I was supposed to call first (but we forgot that part :( ) however, within just a little while the CM got everything worked out and we were on our way with brand new passes updated with the new expiration date.

You gotta love that kind of customer service!!!

hlbtimes2
01-10-2006, 09:54 AM
That is great! Glad your husband was feeling up to the trip to the park.

I dont know that I would have thought to ask for that. I guess I would have assumed that it was my loss. Great to hear they were able to help you.

jennia
01-10-2006, 09:57 AM
That's part of the reason I wanted to post about it. It is an AWESOME service that Disney provides by putting the passes on medical hold (I don't know if that is an official name or not.)

Mickeymac
01-10-2006, 11:49 AM
Jennia, that's very interesting. Something similar happened to me two years ago. I shattered my ankle after getting AP's for the family for WDW, and we asked them if we could purchase some sort of 3 month extension. They said they would give us an additional 6 months, since I was unable to travel for at least 6 months. It was such a wonderful feeling, like Disney cared. I wonder if this is one of those 'quiet' policies, such as no charge for your ambulance ride to the hospital, should you need one from a Disney park.

Ooooh, almost forgot to ask - how was the trip??

HiHoSilver
01-10-2006, 01:32 PM
Very good news! Just out of curiosity, do you get a little discount if you "renew" an annual pass as opposed to simply buying a new one?

Mrs. Newseditor44
01-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Disneyland did it for us once. We bought our new passes a couple of years ago on one day but that day I just happened to go into labor and of course, we had to leave immediately. I had my son the following day. My husband called Guest Relations and they said we can return to get the picture taken and the pass. A month later, we returned to Disneyland and they changed our expiration date by one month. We just assumed that it would have the original purchase date but after we got our passes, she told us that they gave us the month considering we really couldn't go to the park.

jennia
01-10-2006, 05:20 PM
Yes, you do save money if you renew the passes. (At least we did at the Deluxe level, I think Darkbeer has mentioned that the lower levels do not give you a renewal discount.)

Darkbeer
01-10-2006, 06:56 PM
Premium and Deluxe AP's get a $20 discount for renewing.

The two SoCal AP's do not get any discount for renewing.

jennia
01-10-2006, 07:21 PM
Yes, you do save money if you renew the passes. (At least we did at the Deluxe level, I think Darkbeer has mentioned that the lower levels do not give you a renewal discount.)

HiHoSilver
01-11-2006, 07:55 AM
Premium and Deluxe AP's get a $20 discount for renewing.

The two SoCal AP's do not get any discount for renewing.
Good information ... thank you!