PDA

View Full Version : Just Back Jan. 9 report

DisneyLynn
01-09-2006, 07:39 PM
I just got home from 2 days at DLR and I must say it was a great trip. It was my first time staying at the DLH and my 4 year old daughter loved it. She wanted her picture taken all over the place. I didn't find the rooms to be anything too special, but the convenience of it and the price ($89 AP rate) were great.

Crowds yesterday, Sunday, were ok not too much of a wait for anything, we left DL around 4:00 and went back to the hotel to change and then went to DCA to ride Monsters, Inc. this was our longest line of the whole day, about 30-40 minutes. Went to Turtletalk and the CM saw that we were celebrating my daughter's b-day, so Crush talked to her and sang Happy Birthday.

When we checked into DLH I asked if we could have a room where we could watch the fireworks because my daughter is terrified of them so we always have to leave the park before they start. We got an 8th floor room in the Marina tower facing Mickey & Friends parking, but we could see the whole show perfectly and my daughter was fast asleep by the time it started.

We had early entry today, so we got all of the Fantasyland rides in. Then headed for breakfast with Minnie. Lots of characters! Minnie, Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, Rafiki, Fairy Godmother, Capt. Hook and they all spent lots of time with us.

Crowds were super light today, walked on to almost everything!!And the weather was perfect!!

Phantom2006
01-10-2006, 01:58 AM
I must agree Monday was so great!. A 5min wait for Space Mnt!!! It also seemed like they were running the rides alot faster. I got extreamily wet on Splash. I mean i was dripping. but i dryed off fast. This was my first time going to DL on a weekday i ussually go on a Fri or Sun.

Phantom2006
01-10-2006, 01:58 AM
I must agree Monday was so great!. A 5min wait for Space Mnt!!! It also seemed like they were running the rides alot faster. I got extreamily wet on Splash. I mean i was dripping. but i dryed off fast. This was my first time going to DL on a weekday i ussually go on a Fri or Sun.

LLevy
01-10-2006, 08:51 AM
I just got home from 2 days at DLR and I must say it was a great trip. It was my first time staying at the DLH and my 4 year old daughter loved it. She wanted her picture taken all over the place. I didn't find the rooms to be anything too special, but the convenience of it and the price ($89 AP rate) were great.

I have to ask- how do you get a rate like that? book in advance, then tell them you have an AP?, wait for AP rates to be published?

Please let us in on the secret?

Thanks

LL

kohl
01-10-2006, 09:13 AM
They have specail AP rates at certain times. You never know if or when they will have them. USUALLY they will have them at the slower times of the year, but it is no guarantee. They will usually post if they have an AP rate on the AP section on the Disneyland website, or on www.mousesavers.com .
You can also call the reservation line and ask if they are having any AP specials. I know right now they are having specials for the month of January.
I am hoping for some rates at the end of February/beginning of March!

DisneyLynn
01-10-2006, 11:23 AM
I saw $129 on Expedia, so I called and asked what the AP rate was figuring it would be about the same, but they said $89!!