PDA

View Full Version : Leaving for Disneyland in a week

infinite
01-09-2006, 06:21 PM
And not feeling great about it.

I was, but after reading that stupid guest tricks site, now I am feeling horrible!

If I have trouble finding something and ask for help, will I really make a CM angry with me. Will they really laugh at me and ridicule me behind my back?

I know I am over reacting, but gee, it makes me feel small and stupid.

Yes, I get lost, and yes I have trouble reading maps.

blueckles
01-09-2006, 06:31 PM
Don't be scared to go. If you get lost, ask a CM. I would like to say that most CM's (and guests alike) have been kind and more than willing to lend a helping hand when needed. Above all, have FUN! Disneyland is a great place and you should not be worried about anything but enjoying it and yourself.

ENJOY!!! :D

sjcivilady
01-09-2006, 07:48 PM
How can you possibly think of not going.......you will have a blast....I've never had a cm seem irritated that I talked to them, in fact the opposite. Just ask politely and with a smile... You should be feeling totally excited about your upcoming trip! It's the happiest place on earth! and you're going when it won't be crowded, so you'll really enjoy it. :)

donaldquackers
01-09-2006, 08:10 PM
I too have read that site a few times. It is not a joyful experience. Most of the guests don't live eat and breathe Disney. The maps can be hard to read, and the annoucements may not be heard because of background noise etc. I love Disney and have spent many, many trips there, but I don't know everything. It is easy to get cunfused about the parks. I have never had a CM be rude to me in any way, so I can only say that a few CM's use that site as a sounding off board, and most of them don't feel that way. I visit their site only when I want to be disgusted at the whole world. There are way better things to do with my time. If someone ever asks me a question in the parks, I give them the best answer I can not some smart aleck reply that they won't understand.

Chiidesu
01-09-2006, 08:15 PM
Leaving for Disneyland in a week and SAD about it?? Preposterous! Just make sure you are polite about everything and say please and thankyou :p

infinite
01-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Thank you everyone.

I am still going, just not as excited about it.

I am sure tomorrow morning all of the excitement will be back!

ILovePoker
01-09-2006, 08:23 PM
The real things that seem to irritate the Cast Members from stupidguesttricks are the demanding guests. They also cannot stand persons who cannot follow the rules. Like when a cast member says no flash photography for everyone's safety, if a guest continues to take pictures, that could really irritate them.

It's fine to ask a question. Even they did ridicule (which I doubt they will) you behind your back, chances are you'll never see them again.:D

blackjackdelta
01-10-2006, 10:44 AM
If I were you, I would not waste my time with that kind of pouting and attitude. I would book a one way ticket to Afghanastan, sound like you would have a better time If your time is ruined, it is your fault and no one else's. If you walk into the park with a chip on your shoulder you find others with the same. I have talked with CM's from corporate on down and never had one ever treatment other than nice.
Disneyland is a place where dreams come true and it is a place of happiness. All you have to do is look at the smiles, listen to the laughter and enjoy.
I do find it irratating that people can not follow directions or listen to what they are told. They are too busy talking on their cells, playing with their blackberry's or day planners, and some people are just smarter than the rest.
I am 60 years old and still play like a kid.

Snuff up the attitude and have a great day.

01-10-2006, 11:19 AM
General reminder to all: attack the post, not the poster. Keep it impersonal, folks.

Thank you,
-3894/Helen for the moderators

sandiegorob
01-10-2006, 12:16 PM
Eh, I wouldn't worry about other people's opinions of you. Heck, I go several times a year and always find myself doing stupid each time and apologizing to a CM for it. If a CM wants to giggle about me behind my back it doesn't bother me - I most likely wouldn't remember them anyway and I probably deserved it.

ToursbabeC3po
01-10-2006, 07:40 PM
That site is just a place for cast members to vent. They are nice when you ask them questions no worries. They get asked where is the bathroom about 100 times a day and it gets a bit annoying but that is there job. Don't let a website ruin your trip. There are hundreds of cast member websites like that. They don't all hate there jobs they just need a place to vent.
I can tell you what cast members hate the most. It is when they are telling guest to do something for safety and they just ignore you after asking 3 or 4 times. They don't mind if you ask them questions they just don't like people the intentionally ignore them and don't pay attention.
Enjoy your trip :-)

mamatojon
01-10-2006, 09:14 PM
I think in all areas of customer service there is an attitude of the guest being a bit of a dolt. I know that when I worked retail we often ragged on the customers behind their backs, even though when in the moment dealing with a customer we didn't think they were idiots or anything. I think it is just a way to vent because there are quite a few really mean customers/guests out there.

So I don't know if that makes you feel any better, to know that the clerks at Walgreen's are probably rolling their eyes too, LOL. It is just the nature of the business of customer service, I really don't think any of it is malicious. Go, ask as many questions as you like, and if anyone gives you a hard time you can always complain. I really don't think you'll have any problems though, unless you ask something like when the 6:30 parade starts... If you are a nice, courteous person the CMs will see that and won't even bat an eye at you. Have a great trip!

Vegitabeta
01-11-2006, 04:35 AM
You won't get lost, don't worry about it!

disneyhound
01-11-2006, 05:08 AM
I always ask my questions with a smile, even the stupid ones. I always say thank you to the CM's reply. If they want to make fun of me, can't stop that, I just hope I don't give them a reason; nice gets nice...

01-11-2006, 05:15 AM
If they want to make fun of me, can't stop that, I just hope I don't give them a reason; nice gets nice...

There ya go. The only person you can control is yourself.