PDA

View Full Version : I Am So Disgusted

disneyland lover
01-09-2006, 05:41 PM
I am extremely disgusted with the ways that some of you act.(This is directed at mostly the AP's that think they are everything)

It is very annoying to hear you moan and complain about how a CM looked at you wrong, or told you something, but they didnt say it in the nicest possible way.

Maybe, while you are harrasing the CM's for bad show you should look at the way that you act, and most of you come off as royal pricks.

You think that Disneyland is there for your personal enjoyment, and god forbid that Disneyland is busy for a few days, GEE WHAT A SHOCK, its the week before/after Christmas and the parks have constant gate closures.

You act like the CM's need to bow down to you and kiss your feet, or you will go complain to city hall about how so and so at the Candy Palace didnt say "Have a nice day" when you left.

You think that just because you have an AP that you are better than everyone who doesnt have one. And if you have an AP, then you let EVERYONE know it.

Im not saying that every AP is bad, or it is just limited to people who have AP's. It is disgusting to see how some of you act. You act like spoiled brats that think that they KNOW EVERYTHING about disneyland, and how the CM's should act and what-not. CMs are not super-human. They are people too, and getting payed minimum-wage none-the-less. If anyone should be nice it should be you.

Let me tell you something:

I own 20,000 shares of Walt Disney Stock.

I have been to every disney park in the world.

I am a member of Club 33.

and do i act better than everyone else, and think i am better than everyone else? NO, i do not, because i was raised to be equal as everyone else.

You guys need to seriously change what is wrong with you.

And you think that i am the only person who thinks this ,and thinks that there are many "pass-holes" out there?

why dont you take a few minutes out of your time of making everyones life a living hell, and check out www.stupidguesttricks.com

and read up, and then MAYBE you will understand

ArielleBelle
01-09-2006, 05:52 PM
Well that was not very nice. I am a first time passholder and I don't feel that way at all! We are from Az and we bought AP passes becasue we have teo little ones and we love Disney Land! Anyways I know that some peopl make ack that way but deffinatly not us! I like this forum because I have gotton alot of useful information. Anyways not all of us are bad!
Hey that is totally coll that you have been to all the Disney Lands around the world. We have only been to CAlifornia. Anyways we go to DL in two weeks and are totally looking forward to it!
Have a good night! :)

adriennek
01-09-2006, 05:53 PM
Wow.

Welcome to MousePad. I would hope that our members will resist reacting to this post - we moderators are quite happy not having to work too hard ;)

There's a lot of generalizations here about APs but I'll do all Club 33 members and stockholders with lots of stock a favor and not generalize about them based on this one post. ;)

Adrienne

Edited to add: when I say react I mean, knee jerk react versus thoughtful response that won't cross any community policy lines. That is all :)

infinite
01-09-2006, 05:55 PM
You sound hurt and frustrated, and I am sorry.

Yes, there are people who can be obnoxious and rude, and think they are entitled to thing they are not. Some days it is easier to ignore them than others, and there are days I just want to scream myself.

Chiidesu
01-09-2006, 06:00 PM
Gee, it sure is nice to own 20,000 shares of Disney stock at 16.

infinite
01-09-2006, 06:08 PM
I read some of the posts at the site you link to.

Although I can understand frustration when guests are rude, some of those posts are just about guests who were confused, and asked for help, and that frustrated the CM’s.

So I suppose both guests and CM’s can be inconsiderate.

spacemountain85
01-09-2006, 06:09 PM
You were raised to treat everyone equally and then bash on APs?

(PS I am not "rising to the bait," I just find things like this hilarious.)

CaptainHook15
01-09-2006, 06:15 PM
Wow is about all I can say.

Having worked in a theme park for 2 1/2 years I can vouch for the fact that patrons as well as employees can be equally stupid.

My guess is that this kid probably just wants to rile others up and start a fight. Why else invent such a post?

Sigh. I wish I had this much free time as an independantly wealthy, globe trotting, 16 yr old. lol

junglemom
01-09-2006, 06:34 PM
Sadly, I let curiosity get the best of me and I read some of the posts on Stupidguesttricks. I have to say that I know several APers and we are all much, much more considerate and PATIENT than the CMs that vent on that site. I like the disney feeling I am left with when I spend an evening reading posts on this site. I rarely post but love to read 'em, and I love this forum and all the fellow disney lovers, even when we whine!

momuvseven
01-09-2006, 06:50 PM
I am not an AP holder but sure wish we were. I just want to say thank you to all the AP holders on this list who have helped my family learn our way around DL the last few years. Since you have all been so kind and compiled all of these reviews and helpful tips on Mouseplanet DL has become our favorite place to visit.
One of the best things for us when we visit DL is that everyone is polite and friendly that we encounter there.

Peace and fairydust to all!

momuvseven

disneyjunkie
01-09-2006, 06:53 PM
I have to ask with 20,000 shares do you get a free AP or discounted one at the least?

Osky
01-09-2006, 06:54 PM
I own 20,000 shares of Walt Disney Stock.

Hmmm. Exactly half-a-mill at close today.

disneyhound
01-09-2006, 06:56 PM
Did someone forget their lithium today? ;)

DISNEYLAND GUY
01-09-2006, 07:24 PM
well somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed

and i can tell you from knowledge, nobody owns 20,000 stock in Disney(some own more, some own less, but nobody in 20,000)

(my mom works at the Walt Disney Corporation and she has ways of finding these things out)

twokids
01-09-2006, 07:27 PM
I am an AP holder and I do not expect any type of special treatment. I have had the opportunity of meeting some of the nicest CMs but also have met some of the most obnoxious. The same can be said for guests at the park. My philosophy is treat everyone as you would like to be treated. This is very difficult at times but at least I can walk away as the better person. I am so sorry that with all the wonderful Disney "perks" you have that you seem to be unable to enjoy them and only to seem to be focused on others opinions.

Leash81
01-09-2006, 07:34 PM
why dont you take a few minutes out of your time of making everyones life a living hell, and check out www.stupidguesttricks.com
and read up, and then MAYBE you will understand

So I am guessing you are trying to get people to check out that site that you are somehow affliated with. :rolleyes:
If not perhaps you should just go to that site and rant all you want because on this site we prefer a more positive attitude about things. Thank you. ;)

ToursbabeC3po
01-09-2006, 07:35 PM
To the OP. I worked for Disneyland for 10 years and to make a comment like you just did is very immature and ignorant. Just because you have a AP it does not automatically make you a jerk. AP's don't make people Rude or obnoxious. People are people and just like there are all kinds of cast members (good and bad) there are all kinds of Apers. Some good some bad.

To me bragging about owning 20,000 shares of Disney stock, Visiting every park in the world, and being a member of club 33 is obnoxious. In fact I find it a little hard to believe that at 16 you have all these things but I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say you do and tell you I think it is very rude to brag like that. i have a lot of well off friends and they never brag about what they have because they are classy.

I know from having worked at the park for many years that Apers get a bad wrap but it is the FEW that are bad seeds that give all APers a bad name. To generalize all Apers and putting them in on category is just plain ignorant.

I really think this post was started to get a reaction out of people and me even replying to it is fulfilling your wish so I should just stop now.

hlbtimes2
01-09-2006, 07:35 PM
Wow, welcome to the board. What a first post. Nothing like feeling out the water before jumping in with both feet.

If you spend a little time here you'll find that this actually a very nice, very helpful, very knowledgable group. There are a couple posts about unhappy guests, but that is not the norm.

Osky
01-09-2006, 07:36 PM
and i can tell you from knowledge, nobody owns 20,000 stock in Disney(some own more, some own less, but nobody in 20,000)

(my mom works at the Walt Disney Corporation and she has ways of finding these things out)

Ah, but if you had the shares broken up in different accounts, it would be difficult to know that.

DISNEYLAND GUY
01-09-2006, 07:59 PM
Ah, but if you had the shares broken up in different accounts, it would be difficult to know that.

yeah, i seemed to have overlooked that

but i still highly doubt that disneyland lover has 20,000 stocks

not to mention he/she is only 16 years old :eek:

hmm, why hasnt disneyland lover posted again?

doesnt look like we'll be seeing to much of them anymore :D

RobGraves
01-09-2006, 08:31 PM
he was starting arguments on stupidguesttricks and he did this to try to get people here reiled up against the site.

troll, nothing more, nothing less.

tink360
01-09-2006, 09:43 PM
Impressive debut post!

Good idea to start a thread, this wouldn't have fit in too well with the "Please Introduce Yourself" one going presently....:fez:

DCACM
01-09-2006, 10:54 PM
Oh yeah? Well I own 300 shares of Disneyland, Paris stock and have been to all Disney parks in the US and Europe, so there!

spike
01-09-2006, 11:24 PM
GADZOOKS! :eek:

adriennek
01-09-2006, 11:48 PM
Ok, friendly moderator reminder to everyone:

Attack the post not the poster. Avoid judgemental comments please.

Please leave the moderating to the moderators. If you have a problem or an opinion about the nature of the poster or believe that he/she should be moderated, please feel free to click the "report this post" icon. (And remember that most of our moderating is conducted behind the scenes in private. Also keep in mind we don't look kindly on grave dancing in case anyone's tempted...)

A few of these posts are very well written and if I had time and wasn't so tired, I'd be PMing yellow thumbs up but I'm really tired...

At this time, I'm going to close this thread just because I don't see that it serves any productive purpose. Do feel free to start a new thread if you want to discuss the merits or lack thereof, of Disneyland Annual Passholders without the drama that would haunt this particular thread.

Thank you!
Adrienne