PDA

View Full Version : Bad news about Bengal Barbeque

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Hawkeye Jenny
01-09-2006, 01:38 PM
I'm a Foods op castmember in Riverbelle Terrace. Two days ago the area manager made it known that as of October 2006 the Bengal BBQ will be shuttered and torn out to make room for additional Riverbelle seating. No, it will not be rebuilt elsewhere in the park.

I'm going to miss the safari skewers. :( My favorite non-sweet snack in the entire resort. *cry*

Andrew
01-09-2006, 01:49 PM
Two days ago the area manager made it known that as of October 2006 the Bengal BBQ will be shuttered and torn out to make room for additional Riverbelle seating. No, it will not be rebuilt elsewhere in the park.
:eek:

You are kidding, right? Early April Fools joke?

Mommy2NicknMax
01-09-2006, 01:59 PM
No! :eek: Can anyone else confirm this please?

Mrs. Newseditor44
01-09-2006, 02:00 PM
WHAT?!?! :mad:

nursemelis374
01-09-2006, 02:07 PM
NO! This is crazy, that place is always hoppin and fits in so well with the area!!!

Chiidesu
01-09-2006, 02:30 PM
Por qué!?!?!?!?! :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

passthepixiedust
01-09-2006, 02:39 PM
NO WAY !!!! That is just WRONG !

eryn
01-09-2006, 02:50 PM
wahhh! we actually have asparagus wrapped in bacon as a norm at holiday dinners in our family now. we could start a petition, for the people who cant handle junk food all day its a great snack

FantasmicFanatic
01-09-2006, 03:04 PM
NOOOOO! Bengal offers something like HALF of the parks limited low carb food options!!!!

FF

SoCalDude
01-09-2006, 03:05 PM
YAY! An extra 20 seats for the RBT!!!

:confused:

olegc
01-09-2006, 03:29 PM
OK - so I have been a fan of the ops changes throughout the parks - but this is wrong. What's next - take awat beniets and the Mint Julep B... oh, wait, they pretty much did that too.

A better example is taking away some other small keep part of Disneyland. that's what makes repeat visits so great - there are so many little things to hit you can't possibly get to all of them..

This to me smacks of "operational commonality" since it would be less expensive to have fewer kitchens and just expand seating. However, how do you guarentee that RBT folks get to sit there? Unless you put in a mini barrier - which again would impact the traffic flow in that part of the park.

Mr. Emmer (and Ouimet) or whomever reads this for them - don't take away some of the unique, one-of-a-kind experiences we have in the park. can you imaine the lines for food with fewer locations? sheesh!

Hawkeye Jenny
01-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Not a joke, folks. Manager said TDA has been talking about doing this for a few years but hadn't set a date until now. Maybe a lot of letter writing and a noticeable sales increase at the bbq will stop or slow the rolling ball, dunno.

MrsG
01-09-2006, 03:53 PM
This is BAD SAD news!! One of the few places to get resonable healthy food and not have to eat another burger or lousy piece of fried chicken!

ILovePoker
01-09-2006, 04:16 PM
If you guys love the Barbecue. You should definitely send your complaints to the resort.

twist1980
01-09-2006, 04:19 PM
That is terrible! :eek: :( On my last trip I went there for the first time and loved it! I was already looking forward to eating there again on my next trip! That really upsets me because its so hard to find a healthy type snack like that! :mad:

spacemountain85
01-09-2006, 06:06 PM
I hate the Bengal BBQ, but will write a letter to DL telling them how much I love it just for you guys. :D

kkmickey
01-09-2006, 06:23 PM
This is one of the best places to get semi-affordable good protein in the park. I will be very sad, although the lines are always SO long, I always make it a point to eat there a couple of times. I will be sure and enjoy my last kabob in March when I am there.

nvmom
01-09-2006, 06:27 PM
Geez, we haven't even got to try this place yet... I'm certain my dh is going to love it. Guess we better make a point of it in Mar.

nvmom

Chris Lang
01-09-2006, 06:59 PM
I wonder if this is the rumored '2nd story addition' to River Belle Terrace we've been hearing about (and also a changeover to full service, which WOULD be a plus). Perhaps they can relocate the Bengal BBQ cuisine to the former Tahitian Terrace restaurant area...

junglemom
01-09-2006, 07:02 PM
maybe they could expand the dole whip bar and serve both...or something, anything, please keep my banyan beef skewers!!!!

Leash81
01-09-2006, 07:38 PM
The park just won't be the same without a regular dose of sweet Zulu sauce. I am so unhappy now.

TP2000
01-09-2006, 08:52 PM
Al Lutz had talked about the demolition of Riverbelle Terrace and the construction of a new two story restaurant in it's place. This is probably part of that rumor, and it sounds like it's coming true.

We don't even know what this new place is going to look like, what it will serve, and how it will be themed, and yet we are already judging it from a three sentence post about Bengal BBQ being torn down next year? It seems like we are all jumping the gun a bit here.

That Riverbelle Terrace is one of the parks oldest and shabbiest looking restaurants. And really, can anyone say that it's particularly pleasing to look at design wise? It just sort of sits there looking vaguely southern, but without much else to say about itself. It's about time they got that whole section of Adventureland/Frontierland out of the circa 1968 funk that it's been in for decades.

I would look forward to a brand new facility that incorporates 21st century technology and themeing into it's facility. Look at how much more attractive the Rancho Del Zocalo complex is compared to the old hole in the wall look of Casa Mexicana.

Bring on the rehabs to the tired and frumpy sections of the park!

tink360
01-09-2006, 10:04 PM
Nothing against rehabs, so long as they leave Bengal BBQ be! :)

DCACM
01-09-2006, 10:31 PM
Nobody shed a tear when "Sunkist, I Presume" closed.

Opus1guy
01-09-2006, 11:44 PM
...and a noticeable sales increase at the bbq will stop or slow the rolling ball, dunno.

I don't know. The place always seems to have a long line. Don't know how much more business they can do.