PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Premium Seating Desserts... how much?

olegc
01-09-2006, 01:26 PM
So I finally sat in the premium seating (not the balcony) for Fantasmic last Friday. 1st off - taking the 10:30 show was better for last minute availability but much worse for check in, etc. No sign, a lot of confusion and noise from Remember... happening right after the 1st fantasmic.

But the real kicker was the quality of the desserts for the price. Currently it's $56.00 for a seat. This gets you one drink (two if you plead), and an assortment of Rice Krispy treats, coconut macaroons, jelly filled cookies, and a few chocolate covered strawberries (we were next to last in check in, so same position for seating, so we did not get any berries)...

Is this the same dessert selection it's always been? that seems VERY cheap for the fee of the seat. I had thought that I read there were things like cheesecake or chocolate mousse cake, etc. Were these only available on the balcony?

thanks-

Susan L
01-09-2006, 01:43 PM
We are planning on doing the balcany seating in Feb and I would love to also here about this.

infinite
01-09-2006, 01:47 PM
When we went there were cookies, a very large cake, a cheesecake, these fried donut-type things, and drinks, everything was unlimited, including the drink (no problems getting refills, or another drink). No one ate much, though, and by no one I mean no one on the balcony. There was a lot of food left. It all tasted good, but maybe, like us, the other people there went to dinner before the show, even though all of the nice people here told me not to (I never listen!)

infinite
01-09-2006, 01:48 PM
Oh, and cheese and crackers. The cheese appeared to be the most popular item there.

And chocolate covered berries.

Okay a lot, there was a lot.

olegc
01-09-2006, 01:58 PM
We are planning on doing the balcany seating in Feb and I would love to also here about this.

if you know when you are travelling you should figure out when 30 days out is (and a fantasmic show is playing) and call to reserve seats. this way you will be guarenteed seats there. if you wait until you arrive, even a couple of days in advance, you will be out of luck.

(714) 781-4400

kohl
01-09-2006, 03:10 PM
We have done balcony and riverside. We did prefer the riverside desserts better, but that is just our tastes. Whenever they ran out of anything the did replenish it. My mom and I ate AT LEAST 10 dipped strawberries.
On the balcony seats they did have cheesecake and the black forest chocolate cake.

olegc
01-09-2006, 03:20 PM
We have done balcony and riverside. We did prefer the riverside desserts better, but that is just our tastes. Whenever they ran out of anything the did replenish it. My mom and I ate AT LEAST 10 dipped strawberries.
On the balcony seats they did have cheesecake and the black forest chocolate cake.

i am curious if you attended a 1st of two shows night or an only 1 show night on the riverside (if you can remember) - only because when we went the last 10 people (including us) did not get ANY strawberries. They were "out" and I can't recall when Disneyland would tell somone they were out... (we attended 10:30)

kohl
01-09-2006, 05:08 PM
We went to the first show. Once I got up and saw there were only 2 strawberries left. Later, my mom got up and saw they had brought out another tray!

kkmickey
01-09-2006, 06:15 PM
I have done both, and for the same price, I think that the desserts on the balcony were far better than the riverside ones. The waterfront treats were more in the category of cookies than actual desserts.

If you have never seen Fanstasmic! before, I think that the experience of feeling the fire and water on your face is something not to miss. But personally, I would wait for the second showing and just grab a good seat rather than pay so much.

The balcony has good food and it's a special event, but it is small and you are separated a bit from the 'action'. BUT I thought it was wonderful, and worth the money.

Call 30 days before the day you want reservations, and make sure you call RIGHT when they open - I believe 8 am.

simbaNnala101
01-14-2006, 02:10 PM
I have also doen both several times each and I perfer by FAR the Balcony. Much better view and better food. And you are not really paying for the food that is just a bonus you are really just paying to sit in a chair and not have to camp out 4 hours in advance on the cement and then get pushed out of the way by little kids 15 minutes before the show. Thats why you pay for them, for the seats not the food.

Malcon10t
01-31-2006, 01:51 PM
i am curious if you attended a 1st of two shows night or an only 1 show night on the riverside (if you can remember) - only because when we went the last 10 people (including us) did not get ANY strawberries. They were "out" and I can't recall when Disneyland would tell somone they were out... (we attended 10:30)
We always do the last show (1030pm or the 1130 pm if they have that.) I have never had a problem getting strawberries. When they run out, usually within 2-3 minutes another tray arrives. We've always had at least 2 drinks, and then usually take a water (they usually offer this!) with us as we leave. My daughter has even once commented in front of a hostess that when we were done, she wanted a churro, next thing we knew, we were brought churros!

roxtdotty
01-31-2006, 02:22 PM
We did the riverside seating for the first show. If you do that, check in as soon as you see someone starting to set up the seating. For us, it was around 7:30. At guest services they had told us check in was 8:30. If we had checked in then we would have been last to sit! Instead we were second and got front row. Our hostess was wonderful and continued to get refills for us and was always asking if we needed anything. There was plenty of food also. Choc. dipped strawberrries, cookies, macaroons, rice krispy treats and coffee, soft drinks and hot chocolate.

experiment626
01-31-2006, 06:10 PM
Just want to add that it is not truely 30 days but one month (for March 1st) you'd need to call tomorrow, not the 3rd.

Buffytheweedslayer
02-01-2006, 06:01 AM
Just want to add that it is not truely 30 days but one month (for March 1st) you'd need to call tomorrow, not the 3rd.

So it is not a true 30 days - so if I want to book the Dessert seating for June 12th I would call on May 12th?

Thanks

How about other PS's at the 60 day mark - Are all other places 60days out? If I want to eat at Napa Rose on June 11th would I call on April 11th or are those actually 60 days?

Thanks again!!

Burnt Toast
02-01-2006, 08:53 AM
The Balcony and Premium (Riverside) seating is usually always the same price as a "One Day, One Park" ticket. Right now, both are at $59.

Obviously, due to limited seating, the balcony is harder to come by... but the view and the desserts offered are much better. Best to call exactly 30 days (or some reports, 60 days) out for your best chance to get seats for your party.

experiment626
02-01-2006, 05:09 PM
Just realized how tired i was when I typed this. 30 days from March first would have been the 30th not the 3rd, how well.

Anyway YES all reservations are by months not days, even though they state it as such. 60 days = 2 months & 30 days = 1 month.

And in the case of the Balcony you should be prepared to call at just before 8am the day you need to call and continue to hit redial if you get a were not open yet message. However, once on the hold DO NOT HANG UP, you will leave your spot in the queue and loss your change.

kkmickey
02-02-2006, 02:30 PM
30 days was my understanding as well. However, when I called to make reservations on Feb 1 for Mar 3 (Feb has 28 days, so that makes it 30 days on Feb 1) I was told they could not take my reservation until Feb 3. Oh well, I will try again on the 3rd!

yankeemom
02-03-2006, 04:13 AM
Does anyone know what time the phone lines open and if that is west coast time?? thanks

Malcon10t
02-03-2006, 05:13 AM
Does anyone know what time the phone lines open and if that is west coast time?? thanks
The phone lines open at exactly 8am pacific time.