PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to Annual Pass in the Park

momuvseven
01-09-2006, 12:30 PM
We are not California residents. Our next trip will be in April and we have three days parkhoppers as part of our package. We would like to upgrade while we are there. The agent from Get Away Today Travel tells me we go to the Annual Passholder's Desk behind Space Mountain and they will deduct the face value of our tickets from the cost of the AP. Does this sound correct? Since three of the kids will be holding kids play free tickets their tickets would not have any trade in value.
Right now I can buy the deluxe passes online through Disney Website for $229 each. Is that the same price they are offered for in the park?
Since Saturday would be blocked out and we want to come to the park on Saturday is it possible to buy a ticket for that day? I thought I read that AP holders can pay $30 a ticket to come on a block out day.
Our package from GetAwayToday was $1138 for a party of six, five nights during spring break Tuesday-Saturday nights at the Homewood Suites, three adult 3 day parkhoppers and 3 kid 3 day parkhoppers. It seemed cheaper to do it this way than to book the hotel seperately and then buy the AP once we got there.

I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks

momuvseven

MammaSilva
01-09-2006, 01:31 PM
the upside to doing it the way you have is you'll have your one early entry, which with annual passes you don't get. As for upgrading, I'd wait til your last day to upgrade, your travel agent gave you good information. They will credit you the amount you paid (not necessarily the highest value of the hopper) towards an annual pass, but the pass has to be of greater 'cost' than the hopper. As for the kids, since you are getting their hoppers 'free' you'll just pay full fare for their passes, but the upside is you still got the early entry that came with the package. If you buy/upgrade on a black out day you get to use the pass that day anyway, but on any future blacked out days you can buy a blackout ticket which currently cost $30 per person to use on that day. You can't buy blackout tickets in advance tho so plan ahead for that.

momuvseven
01-09-2006, 03:08 PM
Thankyou Mama Silva!!!

cpeak
01-09-2006, 06:48 PM
The agent from Get Away Today Travel tells me we go to the Annual Passholder's Desk behind Space Mountain and they will deduct the face value of our tickets from the cost of the AP. Does this sound correct?

momuvseven

I just did this on my last trip. The place we upgraded at is near the entrance. It's on the right side just after you pass through tunnel, you will pass by the stroller rental on the way. I think it is called the bank or something. It is next to the theater.

ssmccullough
01-09-2006, 11:38 PM
its in the bank of main street and even has a sign that says Passholder Processing or something like that.

jdee
01-10-2006, 06:56 AM
If you upgrade to the premium AP there are no blackout dates and it includes parking. If your coming often on Sat why pay the extra $30 and possibly parking at $10?

Darkbeer
01-10-2006, 07:10 AM
If you upgrade to the premium AP there are no blackout dates and it includes parking. If your coming often on Sat why pay the extra $30 and possibly parking at $10?

Since they are not local, they might not need parking, and you could get just one Deluxe AP with parking for $49 more.

Also, sounds like they come a couple times a year. The price difference between the Deluxe and Premium is $120, or 4 blockout days.

For a family of 6, that is an extra $720, a lot of money.

What this family might want to do is think about just getting 3 AP's this trip (the ones they can upgrade), and then get the kids AP's on their next trip, this would help spread out the cost, and not just now, but when it is time to think about renewing.