PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Caribbean [Reopening June] 16th or 22nd?

IdahoMike
01-09-2006, 09:25 AM
Does anyone know if Pirates is actually re-opening the 16th of June as stated in the Disneyland report on MP, or the 22nd, as I have seen other places? We will be there from the 14th through the 23rd, and I was hoping it might open before all the hubbub surrounding the premiere of the movie started. I guess I can just hope for soft openings if nothing else.

ILovePoker
01-09-2006, 09:52 AM
I doubt there would be any soft openings for only a medium rehab. It shouldn't matter anyways right now because when the Disneyland website posts their calendar for June, you can see for sure when it will re-open.:D

blackjackdelta
01-10-2006, 10:52 AM
We will be there at the same time in June and are hoping for the 16th, but with the DMC premier on the 22nd, everything is up for grabs.

Jack

Disneyland_042006
01-11-2006, 09:30 AM
Miceage.com is reporting the 22nd

utahdisneyfan
01-12-2006, 02:11 PM
I called Disneyland Resort Guest Information and was told POTC is scheduled to reopen on June 22nd. Hope this helps. :)

Cutthroat Kate
02-22-2006, 04:02 AM
The date has changed again. I called Disneyland Resort Guest Relations on 2/21. The latest date is Saturday,6/24 for the reopening of Pirates of the Caribbean.;)

olegc
02-22-2006, 07:23 AM
the opening of the attraction will most likely move as the premiere for POTC2 moves. They won't open the attraction to the public prior to making it available to the event - because of the new elements (specifically Davey jone).

(ahem - all schedules, event descriptions, and announcements subject to change without notice at the discretion of the walt disney company... :p )

daisy4me
02-22-2006, 07:40 AM
So what do you mean they wont reopen until the premier. Does that mean the Premier of the movie will be there and they will let all the celebs on the ride first???:confused: That kinda sucks because I believe we are the paying customers not the celebs:mad:
Anyway what happens if you are at DL and they have the premier. Do they close the park? You would think all those celebs would not want to be mobbed by a bunch of fans? Also would they close the park if it gets to crowded? What if you already have your tickets?:confused: So many questions I know but there will be alot of us flying down there and we are sooo looking forward to this trip, it would really stink if we could not get in to the park one day because of all this premier stuff. Where is the premier anyway?
Sorry for all the questions....:fez:

Malcon10t
02-22-2006, 07:56 AM
So what do you mean they wont reopen until the premier. Does that mean the Premier of the movie will be there and they will let all the celebs on the ride first???:confused: That kinda sucks because I believe we are the paying customers not the celebs:mad:
Anyway what happens if you are at DL and they have the premier. Do they close the park? You would think all those celebs would not want to be mobbed by a bunch of fans? Also would they close the park if it gets to crowded? What if you already have your tickets?:confused: So many questions I know but there will be alot of us flying down there and we are sooo looking forward to this trip, it would really stink if we could not get in to the park one day because of all this premier stuff. Where is the premier anyway?
Sorry for all the questions....:fez: Yes, and they are doing a merchandising event too. So, they definately will not be doing openings before that.

As far as closures, yes, they can close the park. If you have tickets, your ticket says subject to availablility. Usually early admittance is never a problem, the problem comes about 11am when the park is full. Then they may close turnstiles. It happens frequently during holidays and summer. The premier will be a blast.

daisy4me
02-22-2006, 07:58 AM
So when we are there we need to find out what day the Premier will be and then make sure we are in the park early? Does that mean we can be in the park while the premier is going on?

olegc
02-22-2006, 08:46 AM
daisy - you should search Mouseplanet and the boards for the previous discussions around the 1st movie premiere held at the parks and the second one upcoming. the latest does not have a lot of info - but basically disneyland is open until around 5pm when they start doing a red carpet down mainstreet. - then they usher the regular folks out and the park has a private party along rivers of america for the guests. lots of food, etc.

You think it's unfair for paying public? last time the cast members were herded like cattle into the Big Thunder ranch area so they could not see the movie early. Very "controlled" environment.

And as far as fair or unfair - it is what it is... Disney is a media company with big ties to hollywood and there is not much we can do - unless of course you want to forgo your vacation and not spend money with them... or put flowers in front of the ride (sorry, bad dig at another post - but i had to).

Malcon10t
02-22-2006, 08:48 AM
So when we are there we need to find out what day the Premier will be and then make sure we are in the park early? Does that mean we can be in the park while the premier is going on?No one has advised anyone of the actual date, although the rumor is June 24th. My guess is the 23rd will be most of the merchandising event and some previews. Man, I just got the last merchandising event paid off! <jk> It will be interesting to see how this transpires.

Sub Maniak
02-22-2006, 02:43 PM
The ride is expected to open before the second Movie opens.
Disneyland might host the premire again.