PDA

View Full Version : Favorite part of Indiana Jones

Pages : [1] 2

PirateoftheCaribbean
05-17-2001, 01:20 PM
What's your favorite part of the Indiana Jones Adventure? Is it the ball, the native attack, the snakes, the skeltons, the bugs, the bridge?

Gregmh48
05-17-2001, 04:40 PM
What native attack?

Disney Fan Matt
05-17-2001, 08:49 PM
I think he is referring to the spears tunnel when he says the native attack. Unless he is thinking of the jungle cruise. :) Anyway, my favorite part of Indy is the tunnel after you look into the eyes of Mara. i think the lightning on the walls looks really cool! Anyone else agree? The boulder finale is awesome as well. My favorite ride in Disneyland!!

JRob2k1
05-17-2001, 09:08 PM
I'll agree to that! But I'll agree to anything because I love every part of that ride!

The rolling ball finale is great, but im also a big fan of the bidge. The imagineers did a good job creating total choas around you as your on the bridge and then there's that split second stall that really heightens the sensation.

I also love the jeeps. It would be fun to take one of those babies for a joy ride. All i would need is a giant electrical cord and an outlet...:)

JRob

Kram Sacul
05-17-2001, 09:49 PM
It's just incredible what has been created with this attraction. The amount of detail, the musical score, the movements of the EMVs... Sometimes in the Chamber of Destiny your vehicle will make a subtle swaying motion as if it's being pulled into the next room. There's too many moments like that to list here! lol

analog8
05-17-2001, 09:54 PM
If PirateoftheCaribbean keeps posting all these questions were going to have nothing to ask in the future ;) As for Indy, I would have to say my favorite part is the Ball. The Ball or the queue. I know it sounds retarded but the queue is so well themed, it seems like every time i go in it i notice something new :)

dgthx
05-17-2001, 10:17 PM
Everything is about equally as cool. But I have to say, the part that sticks out in my mind the most, especially the first time I rode it, was the jeep stall in the dark.

Napsto
05-17-2001, 10:33 PM
Bridge, definetly!!!

Gauchograd99
05-18-2001, 12:36 AM
The lightning effect after some fool in your group looks (who does it anyway? It sure isn't me! :)) is great and the first time I went on it.. the ball effect was amazing! I did not see the floor opening up and just about thought there was a problem when the vehicle began to move. Those two tie for first, and the stair effect is great too after you see Indy (Go left! Left!).

Tink
05-18-2001, 08:19 AM
I absolutely love the entire ride but my favorite part is when I grab my daughter on the back of the neck whenever we are near the bugs/spiders and she jumps out of her seat! I was so happy when she was finally tall enough to ride and then it took another few years before she would even open her eyes on the ride....Gee, I wonder why?:rolleyes:
Question - Do the effects still work in the queue?? It's been so long since I've had to wait that long (fastpass) so I don't know if they still work. They definitely added to the atmosphere of the ride so I hope that they still work.

Disney Fan Matt
05-18-2001, 10:02 PM
The effects in the queue still work. It is kind of cool to walk alone through the caves when you have a fastpass though!

mrlop
05-18-2001, 11:01 PM
ok the best part of Indie is right after going left from seeing Dr. Jones and the jeep leans forward and you see the bridge and swirly fire in the eye of the skull .. it is like "HEY LOOK AT WHAT IS IN STORE FOR YOU!!" It's the combination of it all, the music right there is climactic, the view, the beginning of the excitement, i get chills thinking about it.:eek:

I like to sit in the back and throw up my hardcore sign and make noise.

Matt you know what i am talking about right?:D

stagedoor
05-19-2001, 02:02 PM
definately the bridge, and the way the cars are coordinated so that just as u are about to go on the bridge, there is another veichle on the other end of the bridge that looks like it is about to go on as well - through the smoke u can mostly just see the headlightls coming at u, and then truning away before u get onto the bridge... using the other veichles as show effects is an amazing idea, as opposed to rides like Alice in Wonderland where it seems like you are totally alone in the ride becasue of the way it is laid out

-------------------------------------
I speak for the trees for the trees have no tounges

Uncle Dick
02-07-2002, 01:52 AM
I love it when the jeep first enters the main room. The jeep dips, the music swells and Mara fires a laser thingy just off to the side. And then the clumpty clump down the stairs. What an awesome ride.

BiggJakeMoney
02-07-2002, 09:15 AM
Amen to that, JRob! I cannot stress enough the coolness factor of hooking one of those things up to my house electrical outlets, and just ravaging the neighborhood with the bouncing, the jerking, and the onboard sound! I'd be a menace! Neighborhood children would run, screaming in terror! Or beg me to ride along. Both are cool.

As to my favorite part, it would have to be when you first enter the Cavern of Bubbling Death. It's the equivalent of an establishing long-shot in an adventure film, and the whole immersive environment, and the chaos within it, is quite magical.

-BJM

Gemini Cricket
02-07-2002, 10:58 AM
Without trying to sound weird, but my favorite "part" on Indy is the soundtrack. The John Williams music makes the ride. Just like how his music makes Spielberg and Lucas films better.
My favorite part musically is when the darts fly at you. The music intensifies the urgency to get through there quickly!

BTW-
It's very soft, but did you know you can hear the Indy theme while waiting in line? You can hear drums (that "plunk-plunk" sound that sounds like that "Law and Order" sound effect everytime they show a location on the black screen) and other assorted jungle sounds and really softly you can hear bits and pieces of the Indiana Jones' theme.
:)

Ghoulish Delight
02-07-2002, 11:58 AM
My favorite part is the fireball that erupts from the pit beneath the bridge. It's not a huge important part of the show, but it epitimizes what the ride is all about. (has it been working recently?) Next time your on, pay attention to it.

You can get a pretty good look at the cauldren while you're crossing the bridge. It's pretty darn big. It's the kind of effect seen in the movies. The kind of effect that takes pyrotechnic coordinators hours to set up, charge, test, and film for a movie shoot. Once. And there it is, in the ride, going off flawlessly every 30 seconds. That's exactly what Indy is all about. It's a movie scale spectacle, running continuously. It's just awsome.

BiggJakeMoney
02-07-2002, 03:46 PM
DisneyLad-

From what I hear, the faint Indy theme is actually the ride soundtrack mixing in with the temple drums. At the point where you hear the theme, the Gates of Doom scene is supposedly right above you, and the music is so loud on the transports that it carries all the way down to the que.

Pretty nifty.

-BJM

DisneyFreak2000
02-07-2002, 04:42 PM
On my last visit, I noticed something I have never noticed before. In the sull chamber (after the snake) I noticed that on the ceiling above the passage leading out and into the spear room (I think) there was this skeleton ghost projectin-guy up there. I never saw that before, so I thought it was pretty cool.

The Photographer
02-07-2002, 05:25 PM
I love the rolling rock at the end. My friends and I can be heard screaming "1, 2, 3 Wepaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

Best ride though is with a jeep full of passholders. Once, it happened. Girl driving was telling everyone she didn't have license yet but not to worry. People behind us were playing along with the Indy storylines. It was fun!:D

Ace
02-07-2002, 07:41 PM
Tourists?? You had to look, didn't you!!!

augh, this ride is TOO great. It's either the above line or the giant snake.

Nigel2
02-07-2002, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by DisneyFreak2000
On my last visit, I noticed something I have never noticed before. In the sull chamber (after the snake) I noticed that on the ceiling above the passage leading out and into the spear room (I think) there was this skeleton ghost projectin-guy up there. I never saw that before, so I thought it was pretty cool.

Yeah that is Mara's spirit (note the hat) It's pained on a scrim, it doesn't "vanish" that well since the room is bright all the time.

I personally like the different room choices since it is so simple how they make 1 room 3 different ones through simple lighting.

mrfantasmic
02-08-2002, 10:53 PM
I really like the bridge and that huge room with all sorts of stuff in it.

mad4mky
02-09-2002, 10:11 AM
Now I see this thread!
I had just posted on Best Part of Ride thread...then I saw this.

My favorite part is the "blow dart" room.
I love it when your car sort of stalls, then zooms through. It feels so real....you know its fake. But, with the paintings, the way the car moves, the air blowing at you....the music.

It's great. I love that part. Gives me chills everytime.;)

MammaSilva
02-09-2002, 10:26 AM
I have to agree that the music is the best part of the ride but that isn't to say that the entire ride isn't just out and out awesome! I can still remember our first ride without spoilers to ruin it and the thrill of the bridge, the fun of the dart tunnel.. the ewwww of the 'fake cobwebs....but the boulder was the most memorable part of the ride .....the snake part is my least favorite part.. snakes.. why did it have to be snakes.....ewwwww