PDA

View Full Version : Candy Cane Inn Shuttle Question

The old man
01-09-2006, 07:57 AM
How good is the Candy Cane shuttle? I believe that one advantage is that it is only for their guests and doesn't go to other hotels. My goal (on a Saturday) is to get to the park about 1/2 hour before opening (probably 7:30am), return to the hotel midday for a couple of hours and then return to the park to stay from about 5pm to 11pm--or even closing. Will this work with their shuttle?

David

hlbtimes2
01-09-2006, 08:05 AM
Per their web site
"Exclusive shuttle service to the Disneyland® Resort theme parks on the hour and half-hour throughout the Parks operating hours."

So, I'm guessing it would work just fine for you. I would guess that the first couple in the morning, and the last couple in the evening get pretty full. The mid day ones should be fine. And, its only about 1/2 mile walk, so its not that far if the shuttle times dont work or if they are full.

PrincessLeia
01-09-2006, 08:11 AM
We only used the shuttle once, because it was leaving at the exact same time we were, coincidentally. Walking to the parks is not far at all (7-10 minutes) and it was faster for us, especially in comparison to waiting for the shuttle.

prncsmsj
01-09-2006, 08:19 AM
Absolutely, it will work.

We stayed at the Candy Cane Inn in December. We took the shuttle early in the morning, and it was only 1/3 to 1/2 full. The shuttle picks up from Disneyland on the quarter hours. If we were close to that time, we got on. Otherwise, we just walked. As was said, it is a fairly short walk.

The old man
01-09-2006, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the quick replies.
David

The Lovely Mrs. tod
01-09-2006, 08:46 AM
The shuttle is great, it goes only between the Candy Cane and the park alternates between the park and the hotel every 15 minutes. Sometimes we walked, sometimes we rode, the service was terrific.

-TLMt

ghoofie
01-09-2006, 04:27 PM
When there a lots of people waiting for the candy cane shuttle, they will make a quick turnaround and comeback. They make more than the advertised schedule stops when needed.

KarenW2
01-09-2006, 11:08 PM
The downside to their shuttle that they don't tell you in their advertising, on their website, etc. and not unless you ask about it, is that the shuttle is NOT handicap accessible!! :(

I've had to be in a wheelchair since before my knee surgeries (both knees done at the same time!) and still now afterwards and we COULD NOT make use of the shuttle!! I was very surprised and disappointed that my hubby had to push me all the way to the parks and back each time, while we watched the shuttle come and go past us, totally useless to us!!

This was the main reason we picked this location, since they advertise they have their own shuttle and I think it is horrible that they don't make it accessible for those with wheelchairs, or make any kind of alternate transportation available!

jldev
01-14-2006, 11:18 AM
I note that the shuttles are not wheelchair accessible but can anybody tell me if they accept baby strollers? We are staying in May and will be a group of 12 including two toddlers who will be riding in strollers.

samkj
01-14-2006, 12:55 PM
The downside to their shuttle that they don't tell you in their advertising, on their website, etc. and not unless you ask about it, is that the shuttle is NOT handicap accessible!! :(

I've had to be in a wheelchair since before my knee surgeries (both knees done at the same time!) and still now afterwards and we COULD NOT make use of the shuttle!! I was very surprised and disappointed that my hubby had to push me all the way to the parks and back each time, while we watched the shuttle come and go past us, totally useless to us!!

This was the main reason we picked this location, since they advertise they have their own shuttle and I think it is horrible that they don't make it accessible for those with wheelchairs, or make any kind of alternate transportation available!

This is why we will only stay directly across the street on Harbor or one of the DLR hotels. My daughter is in a wheelchair and we don't want to deal with non-wheelchair friendly shuttles.

prncsmsj
01-14-2006, 04:36 PM
I note that the shuttles are not wheelchair accessible but can anybody tell me if they accept baby strollers? We are staying in May and will be a group of 12 including two toddlers who will be riding in strollers.
There were people with folded up strollers on when we were there. They just set up the strollers after they got off at Disneyland and put the kids in.