PDA

View Full Version : Hoypoloi is closing

Disnerd
01-08-2006, 07:26 PM
After 5 years in Downtown Disney Hoypoloi will be closing its doors. They will close around January 19th. They are currently running big discounts on selected merchandise. Rumor has it that Disney will take over the location and open a Disney Couture Shop and perhaps a Disney Home Store. Couture clothing is a style of vintage fashion designed by the likes of Fred Segal in Santa Monica. World of Disney sells this stuff. Mostly T-shirts that are distressed and covered in rhinestones and crystals. Prices start at abou $50 and run up to about $125. New store should be up and running by summer or fall of '06.

averagedork
01-09-2006, 05:36 AM
Wait is that the fancy art store?

Vegitabeta
01-09-2006, 08:25 AM
I think so...

MrsG
01-09-2006, 04:00 PM
I've always enjoys browsing in that store, but I must admit I've never bought anything.

SandraVB79
01-10-2006, 04:43 AM
Yeah!!!
Finally they will open a store with "decent" (read expensive) merchandise!!!!!
If they open it before my next visit, they might do some great business! ;)

Vegitabeta
01-10-2006, 01:31 PM
I've always enjoys browsing in that store, but I must admit I've never bought anything.
Ditto...too expensive!

Another Dimension
01-10-2006, 06:00 PM
It's an ecclectic art and zen store.

Inner peace isn't cheap...

DtD will be losing it's most interesting and stimulating store to shop in, buy gifts at and browse and it will likely be replaced by more mindless crap like Quiksilver and Anne Geddes. That's lame.

Another Disney-owned/operated/themed overkill store... Disney has already proven they are too thick to run The Disney Stores, why not replace Hoypolloi with an actual attraction, it's all Disney can do successfully anymore.