PDA

View Full Version : "Remember" is good from Fantasyland IASW

potzbie
01-07-2006, 07:09 PM
Thanks to a tip from MOUSE PLANET regulars, I tried out a new spot to see "REMEMBER ... DREAMS COME TRUE" and fireworks show.

It was easy to find a nice spot on the raised island in Fantasyland, practically in front of ITS A SMALL WORLD, just 20-25 minutes before showtime.

• Less dense crowd.
• Excellent location to see the snow falling.
• Closer to the exploding BANG of the fireworks.
• Loudspeaker was practically at my ear (a good thing).

But the key reason is that the front facade of IASW acts as a better "screen" than Sleeping Beauty Castle does, for the projections.
The castle is not flat, and not white, whereas IASW's building is primarily light colored, and relatively flat, in comparison.
And you know what surface makes a better projection screen, right?

I just wanted to pass that along.
I don't have the patience to camp out for ANYTHING for two hours.--If you know what I mean.

altasam
01-07-2006, 07:32 PM
How is the "stretching room" effect in front of iasw? I like how the smoke reminds you of being in the chamber with no windows and no doors.

Also, how about the green laser light of tomorrowland? Good in front of iasw?

olegc
01-07-2006, 07:57 PM
How is the "stretching room" effect in front of iasw? I like how the smoke reminds you of being in the chamber with no windows and no doors.

alal of those "effects" are somewhat hidden from iasw - although the stretch is visible. However, all of the fireworks from the other end of the esplanade are not visible - nor are the lasers that much.

funny - in front of Tom sawyers' island it's a good view as well - although you don't get any of the projections - you get green smoke across the river during hM portions and lots of lasers everywhere during tomorrowland.

potzbie
01-07-2006, 08:01 PM

Bad news about the green lasers.--No duplication of effect at IASW.
You must turn your head toward the castle to see it.
And even then, you don't get the full effect.

Any picture will be improved, in my opinion, by the better "screen" at IASW, otherwise.

Compromise. Not always a good thing.

Phantom2006
01-08-2006, 12:44 AM
I don't have the patience to camp out for ANYTHING for two hours.--If you know what I mean.
I always get a great spot in front of the castle about 10-15 mins before the show. You dont have to camp out.

Genris
01-08-2006, 03:43 PM
I agree. We came out of Space Mountain just minutes before the show on December 28th, and still found a spot on that raised platform, right underneath the snow machine. Seeing the projections on IASW, I understood parts of the show that I hadn't before. The projections were clear, and more detailed. The snow was fabulous and EVERYWHRE around that area.

You do miss some of the best fireworks, or more accurately, you only see the tops of them. The stretching room set is a good example. I wouldn't have gotten the effect at all, had I not already seen them from in front of the castle. But for just walking up at the last minute, the IASW platform was a close second to the two hour camp out we did to see them in front of the castle, last July.

SandraVB79
01-10-2006, 07:48 AM
What projections?? I didn't see any projections??
I saw the fireworks once from ROA (between tw Fantasmics) and once in front of the castle

DisneylandForever
01-10-2006, 08:18 AM
What projections?? I didn't see any projections??
I saw the fireworks once from ROA (between tw Fantasmics) and once in front of the castle

I've never watched "Remember" from NOS, but they show projections on the Castle and on Small World. Just different images that coincide with the music. Also they do show projections on the tip of the Matterhorn during Indy and Pirates.

Gone2Disneyland
01-10-2006, 11:19 AM
Viewing "Remember..." from it's a small world was the last venue on my list to see the fireworks show from. I finally caught it over the holidays (so I also had the added perk of snow afterwards) and really enjoyed it from there. It's probably my 2nd favorite "Remember..." viewing spot after the Hub. It's big plus are the loud, percussive BOOMS you get from there. I always cracked a smile whenever a loud went went off overhead. I mean, ain't that what a fireworks show is all about? :) And the projections look great. If one has to live with 2nd best to the Hub, it's definitely iasw imo.

I've also seen "Remember..." from New Orleans Square/Rivers of America, the top steps of Main Street Station, the Esplanade between the parks, and the top of the Mickey and Friends parking structure. My third place ranking would probably be a tie between the parking structure and the Esplanade, I think because I was just surprised I enjoyed them from there (i.e., they weren't as bad as I expected). The steps of Main Street Station is probably my least favorite viewing spot. I mean if you're able to see the Castle, why not see it all? So from the Station, the tease factor plays into my rank. :p

While you can't please everyone (esp. on this board 8)), I do enjoy the fact that each of the viewing spots have their unique plusses.