PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have pics of Candy Cane Inn?

Disneymommy
01-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Hello,

I made a reservation for Candy Cane Inn for March. All of the reviews seem to be great. I have checked their website and viewed the pics that they have provided. Does anyone have pictures that have been taken during your stay there that you are willing to share? I would love to see some candid photos of the hotel.

Also, the last trip we stayed at HoJo. Is the walk about the same distance from the main gates to HoJo as it is from the main gates to Candy Cane Inn? I looked at a site that had some aerial view photos of the Disneyland resort area and the walking distance appeared to be really close.

Thanks,

hlbtimes2
01-07-2006, 05:45 PM
This thread talks about actual distances http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=46907
You'll see that the hojo and candy cane are almost exactly the same distance (.02 of a mile difference). But, the candy cane does have a private shuttle, which is nice. WWW.tripadvisor.com has some candid photos posted.

Disneymademoiselle
01-07-2006, 11:16 PM
I have stayed at the Candy Cane Inn numerous times and I absolutely love it!!! The property and rooms are so very charming and well-maintained. You definitely get more than you pay for.

The distance it would take you to walk from the main entrance of California Adventure to California Screamin' is about the same distance from The Candy Cane Inn to the park entrances, since California Screamin' is kind of in Candy Cane Inn's "backyard."

Also, you can't beat the FREE continental breakfast (bagels, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, toast, pastries, etc.)

Have a great stay!

disneyochem
01-08-2006, 07:05 AM
I have also stayed at the CCI numerous times. I think you will find that the photos on the website to be fairly representative the property. Lots of beautiful plants. I also have stayed at Hojo's. I prefer CCI because of two things: the free, dedicated shuttle and the breakfast! Rooms are a bit smaller as is the pool but I think the customer service is outstanding! As mentioned earlier, the breakfast is great and I love having the option of walking to the hotel or just hopping on the shuttle. You never know when you have little ones!

nvmom
01-08-2006, 12:33 PM
I am also debating between the CCI and HoJo's right now. Liking the motel is important to us. We stayed at the Desert Palms our first trip, and while we didn't love every little detail about it, we did appreciate the extra space in their small "suite" w/3 kids. We walked by the CCI many times and it always seemed so tidy and well attended.

I'm also interested in opinions between the two. Thanks.

nvmom

nvmom
01-08-2006, 12:57 PM
Has anyone stayed in a Premium Room at the CCI? Is it big enough to accomodate a roll-away without tripping over it? Are they prompt w/your breakfast delivery?

nvmom

Disneymommy
01-08-2006, 03:23 PM
I have stayed at a few hotels in the area. We used to stay at only the on-site hotels (Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier) because I thought it would make the trip more special. Now that we have been to DLR so many times, we decided to stop spending the extra money on the hotels. I have found that the off-site hotels can be just as nice.

I have stayed at the Annabella, which was very nice. It is about 5 minutes (walking time) farther than the Paradise Pier and well worth the money. The rooms are vary spacious.

Then I tried the HoJo. I will not stay there again. The price was great, the service was fine, the room was ok, but the room we were in had mold on the bathroom walls. And not just a little bit. It was near the ceiling and it covered an entire wall. That did it for me. It may have been the only room in the hotel with the mold, but I wont stay again just because of that.

So even though I have never stayed at the CCI, based on the mold factor at HoJo and all the great reviews of the CCI, if you are still up in the air, my vote would definitely be for the Candy Cane Inn.

PrincessLeia
01-09-2006, 07:54 AM
CCI! We stayed at Christmas and loved it. If you don't plan to take advantage of the DLR hotels' ammenties, why spend the extra dough? We really only used the hotel to sleep...and the CCI was a clean, close, safe, friendly place w/ great basic ammenties as mentioned: free shuttle, breakfast, and in-room fridge. We will stay there again! :)

It really lived up to its reputation!

prncsmsj
01-09-2006, 08:28 AM
I think the CCI is fantastic. We planned to only stay 2 nights, then move to a condo we had reserved for the rest of the week. Well, the condo ended up with problems (major remodeling noise and dust plus bugs) so we moved back to the CCI for the rest of the week. The staff is very helpful and nice, and the breakfast is great.

We were in a deluxe room, not a premium, but a rollaway bed could have fit in the room we were in.