PDA

View Full Version : Food at the Disneyland Hotel?

jazzysmom
01-07-2006, 04:14 PM
We are set to have a character breakfast at the Disneyland Hotel while we are staying there, but I was wondering is there any other food that I shouldn't miss while staying there?

If you are thinking to yourself, sheesh she posts a lot about food...YOUR RIGHT LOL. :D So what do you love, fork over the ideas!

rentayenta
01-07-2006, 04:22 PM
The Princess lunch/dinner at DCA has pretty good food.

Whitewater Snack at the GCH has good breakfasts.

We like the French Market's fried chicken. I think the atmosphere makes the chicken taste better than it normally would. ;)

I would stay away from the Village Haus in Fantasyland unlike you like salt licks. Bleh.

The sundaes at Burr Bank in DCA are sooo good.

RockyRoad from the Candy Palace on Main St. - another must.

01-07-2006, 04:57 PM
RockyRoad from the Candy Palace on Main St. - another must.

It's all about the English Toffee.

Susan L
01-07-2006, 05:13 PM
I second the fried chicken at the French Market.

Wendi
01-07-2006, 05:21 PM
We are set to have a character breakfast at the Disneyland Hotel while we are staying there, but I was wondering is there any other food that I shouldn't miss while staying there?

If you are thinking to yourself, sheesh she posts a lot about food...YOUR RIGHT LOL. :D So what do you love, fork over the ideas!

Hook's Pointe is really good... I think I'm going to have to eat there again on my next trip. I just tried it for the first time on my last trip and was so impressed. My son fell asleep just before we got there and I absolutely could not rouse him. I had planned on having salmon, but since he wouldn't wake up and I was trying to hold him (could not figure out how to get a stroller up there though there must be a handicap entrance somewhere!!!) I decided to just get an order to go and eat in our room instead. So, I got an entirely different thing than I'd planned on... a super good salad and the lobster spring rolls... Oh man, they were to die for, the sauce was sooooo good!

PS - I can't get enough of talking about food either... it's almost as good to talk about it as it is to eat it. :geek:

Andrew
01-07-2006, 06:29 PM
Try the breakfast at Granville's (http://www.project-insomnia.com/pirr/2005/09/granvilles-steak-house.html).

disneyochem
01-08-2006, 07:10 AM
I second the recommendation to eat at Hooke's Point--good food and kid-friendly. I also highly recommend the Lost Margarita at the Lost Bar. There is nothing like sitting on a lounge chair while your kids play in the pool, sipping a Lost Margarita.....

Another food place not to miss is outside of the DLH but is a must whenever we stay---Ralph Brennan's beignets! We LOVE walking through DTD, stopping at Ralph Brennans, getting the hot, fresh beignets (with an order of maple-smoked bacon!) and then sitting in the patio and eating! I always schedule at least one breakfast there a trip!

sunfun94
01-08-2006, 07:57 AM
I third the motion for Hooks! lol...

My DH purprosed to me there and so of course it will always hold a special place in my heart. But besides that, the food is very good! When you go make sure to get the Rasberry Cheesecake for dessert! mmmmm :D

Agent
01-08-2006, 10:18 AM
3894, you are so right. I will call or stop by just to see what day they are making it!!! I always buy some to bring home to our relatives, but I end up eating it all!!