PDA

View Full Version : What is AP made of?

momuvseven
01-07-2006, 02:22 PM
We would like to buy annual passes for our family but I am wondering are they just printed on paper or do we get a more durable plastic card? Do they put our photos on them or just our names? Details please. Thank you.

jdee
01-07-2006, 02:26 PM
AP's are the size and look of a credit card and yes your picture is on them. The picture is digital in grayscale. The card is scanned each time you enter the parks.

rentayenta
01-07-2006, 04:27 PM
They are made of sugar and spice and about $300.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :p

newhdplayer
01-07-2006, 04:28 PM
What are little AP's made of?

Sugar and Spice,
and everything nice,
and a lot of whining
about Michael Eis

ner.

hbquikcomjamesl
01-07-2006, 05:20 PM
Actually, they're made out of the ground-up bones of guests who ask too many of the wrong kind of questions.

Or no, wait, they're made out of Soylent Green.

potzbie
01-07-2006, 06:21 PM
I can tell you for certain, based on personal knowlege, as of 2006, that the annual passes are IDENTICAL in size, shape, thickness, for the following theme parks:
• Disneyland
• Knott's Berry Farm
• Universal Studios Hollywood

On the backside, all have photos of the holder, as ID, of course.

All have the normal zebra stripes.

Only DL has a magnetic stripe.

Coincidence?
I think not.
:eek:

Wesley815
01-07-2006, 08:44 PM
AP's are the size and look of a credit card and yes your picture is on them. The picture is digital in grayscale. The card is scanned each time you enter the parks.The only difference is they are a little "thinner" then actual credit cards, I've been told it's to allow them to fit through the ticket reader machines (but most turnstyle CMs just scan it), plus it's probably cheaper to make them. AP's from a few years ago were more like actual credit card thickness.

West Covina Dave
01-07-2006, 08:57 PM
I'm just guessing here, but based on the hardness and the feel, I think that the passes are made from high density polyethylene.

DLyouth27
01-07-2006, 09:02 PM
I can tell you that AP's are whashable. Found that out the other day (by accident of course).

momuvseven
01-08-2006, 06:34 AM
LOL Thanks everyone. Good to know they are washable cause I often forget to check pockets.

averagedork
01-09-2006, 06:08 AM
I can tell you that AP's are whashable. Found that out the other day (by accident of course).
Yeah not after the third or 4th washing. It starts to bend.

I actually don't like the new thickness/thinness of the AP. They are too thin and break and then you have to go to Guest Services and pay $20 for a new one. Conspiracy!

hbquikcomjamesl
01-09-2006, 08:17 AM
Of course, the passes of perhaps as recently as a decade ago are quite different. They had a color Polaroid picture mounted on a paper card, which was then laminated, and (at least at first) they had no barcode.

WITron
01-09-2006, 08:34 PM
And I can tell you from exprience that the regular 5 day passes aren't washable.;)