PDA

View Full Version : disney characters in the park *wish list*

Pages : [1] 2 3

murdock23
01-07-2006, 08:21 AM
Hey all

One of my favorite things to do in the park is look for characters that I and my 3 year old have never seen before. Over the years I have taken a lot of great pictures with characters (even before my 3 year old was born) some of who are no longer out and about and some that are of course easy to find. So my first question is, who or what is the most obscure character you have ever run across? 2nd question being what character would you most like to run across that you haven't yet.

My most obscure would have to probably be Milo and Kida from Atlantis. I only saw them one time, outside the animation builiding in California Adventure.

My character that we would most love to run across would be Daisy Duck. I know she is out there, but very rarely makes appearances at the park. My fiance and I are avid Donald and Daisy fans and so we need a picture with her. We go to the park about once a month (as we live in Arizona) and have never run across her. And if i may digress for a moment I'm not sure why Disney doesn't promote Daisy more than it does. Even Daisy merchandise, whether it be solo or with Donald is severly lacking. My very distant second character I would love to see would be Uncle Scrooge. Someone i know is even more rare than Daisy Duck.

Trent

Gilliegrl
01-07-2006, 08:55 AM
Daisy is hard to find...She used to be at Minnie and Friends for the character breakfast at Paradise Pier. Im a huge Donald Fan...and love every chance at seeing him.

mi_mous
01-07-2006, 08:58 AM
I've also had trouble coming across Donald, until we went into Toon Town, and now we see him almost exery time we are there. But, I have never seen Daisy, that would be a nice addition to a scrapbook. hmmmmmmmmm.

IdahoMike
01-07-2006, 09:04 AM
We saw Daisy on our honeymoon back in '96, but not since. My 3 y/o would love to see Piglet, he is his absolute favorite. We always see pooh/eeyore/tigger, but never piglet.

Wendi
01-07-2006, 09:04 AM
The most obscure character I've seen is called "Hades". I'm not even sure where he's from... he was really ugly!

MammaSilva
01-07-2006, 09:08 AM
Wendi, "Hades" is from the animated movie Hercules, he was the required villian for that movie.

We found out that IF you want to see Donald and Daisy, make it to the rededication they do on the steps of the Main Street Station each morning (well it was each morning during our trip YMMV) ....all the classics were there! Donald wasn't in a 50th outfit but he was there and that was good enough for us. We didn't get Daisy cuz the line for her was worse than for Mickey or Minnie!

murdock23
01-07-2006, 09:28 AM
you saw daisy at the redeication ceremony?? the 2 times i watched it, it was just the fab 5. Maybe I will have to make it a point to watch it both days when we go agin in 2 weeks. Maybe we'll get lucky.

I have seen piglet one time and rabbit 2 times. Of course pooh, tigger and eyore are always there. I would love to see a kanga w/ baby roo in pouch and an owl as well.

simbaNnala101
01-07-2006, 09:47 AM
Well I am only 17 years old and live in washington state but I have been to disneyland 25 times all the way back to 1988 when toon town was not there and the obscure characters that I have ran into was prince john from robin hood and most reciently in 2001 Tarzan and he was a hotti but I never see him any more I only saw him once. A character that I would love to see is Simba or Jessica rabbit however I know that both would be pretty hard to do.

~SimbaNnala101~

murdock23
01-07-2006, 09:53 AM
your last post also got me to thinking about another obscure character..

back in 1994 i saw roger rabbit and got my picture with him too..

i would love if disney would bring back some of these classic characters to the parks.. heck i'd even settle on seeing a dwarf or two every once in a while.. been late 80's since i've seen any of the 7 dwarfs

passthepixiedust
01-07-2006, 10:00 AM
I got my daughter's pic with Roger Rabbit back in 94 too ! Also, Gheppetto from Pinoccio..... or is he always around ? We didn't see him last time. I would so LOOOOOVE to see piglet even just once.

murdock23
01-07-2006, 10:18 AM
yeah, ghepetto is quite popular..

just saw him on monday in fact

CrazyTrain
01-07-2006, 10:20 AM
Robin Hood's the top of my list!

kimbopotamus
01-07-2006, 10:34 AM
At Grad Nite 1995, I got my pic taken with Roger Rabbit. He was so little that he put his arm around me with his hand on my ummmm, 'lower back'! Uncomfortable pic to say the least!
I saw Stanley in DCA last year which was unexpected.
I would love to see some Villians walking around! Hades would be great!

murdock23
01-07-2006, 11:05 AM
hades would be great.. as would robin hood and any robin hood characters..

i know there is a robin hood, little john, friar tuck, and the king.. was there ever a maid marian back in the day???

disneyperson
01-07-2006, 11:26 AM
I wish Roger Rabbit would show up more often in Toon Town. It is his town after all.I haven't seen him in ages and he was always a hoot.

Vegitabeta
01-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Bring on Jack Skellington!

Chiidesu
01-07-2006, 01:29 PM
I love Donald and Daisy... Except the thing is Daisy head looks a little odd... It looks like she has no neck :eek: Her head just kinda sits there on her shoulders. I think Uncle Scrooge was seen last in the Thanksgiving day parade with all the other bird characters. They have so many obscure characters at WDW... Bring them here :crying: I know they have a Kanga and Roo... I also never see Rabbit who is my favorite from the Hundred Acre Woods. I think I remember seeing a picture on a website of Maid Marian from Robin Hood. The rarest character I have ever seen was Jim Hawkins and B.E.N. from Treasure Planet. I think they were stationed in Tomorrowland to promote the movie back in 2002(Bring them back :crying: I love Jim :p ) Anyways, I would love for them to bring out the Brers more often... Hopefully they'll be able to come out more often when they rerelease the movie this year :fez:

ILoveChurros
01-07-2006, 01:57 PM
I want to see:

Bernard and Bianca from the Rescuers
Tarzan....umm personal reasons;)
Roger Rabbit
Jack and Sally from TNBC
Darkwing Duck...I know thats never gonna happen though
The White Rabbit
King John from Robin Hood
Maleficent

potzbie
01-07-2006, 02:00 PM
More villians!
• Cruella Deville
• Evil Queen

It takes more acting moxie to ad lib as a villian, and it takes more guts and self discipline to be willing to be seen as a bad guy by children.

But the entertainment value is just as high as a photo op with a princesss.
And certainly rarer.

MonorailChris
01-07-2006, 02:32 PM
I don't know why disney doesn't just have a Character Fest at the disneyland hotel. Kind of like Soap Fest .DON'T HAVE ANY OF THE FAB 5 THERE(mickey,minnie,goofy,donald,pluto). because they have to be at disneyland .But instead have every other character(costumed, & face)that the park has in storage,and have a huge convention in the grand ballroom.Have a weekend of it,certain days have certain movies.Don't advertise who, just the movies.BELIEVE ME people will pay for the whole weekend.Even have characters from past attractions,like the Captin Eo aliens,the Country Bears.Or have a Villian/Hero day.WHY HASEN'T A DISNEY EXEC.THOUGHT OF THIS?????

Disneymomma
01-07-2006, 03:58 PM
At the Rededication ceremony we saw
Donald
Minnie
Mickey
Gepetto
Belle

Disney Vault
01-07-2006, 05:51 PM
I have to say the Sally and Jack characters are the worst characters I have ever seen. I saw them in pictures (probably one of Darkbeers old photo updates) and they just didn't look right at all.

I would like to see more of Mike from Monsters inc. It was such a good costume and looked like it was straight out of the movie. But it must be hard to be in that costume moving those fake little arms around. I saw him when they use to have a little monsters inc show in DCA. I think it was pretty close to when they first opened.

hlbtimes2
01-07-2006, 06:13 PM
At the Rededication ceremony we saw
Donald
Minnie
Mickey
Gepetto
Belle

We watched it Oct. 16. We had Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Donald.

murdock23
01-07-2006, 08:45 PM
the white rabbit is definetly around.. not as much as the rest of the alice characters but he is still pretty common..

i used to see brer bear and brer fox around all the time. Now its been years since i've seen either one. And why was Brer Rabbit so rare?? I know he existed but never saw him

murdock23
01-07-2006, 08:48 PM
I don't know why disney doesn't just have a Character Fest at the disneyland hotel. Kind of like Soap Fest .DON'T HAVE ANY OF THE FAB 5 THERE(mickey,minnie,goofy,donald,pluto). because they have to be at disneyland .But instead have every other character(costumed, & face)that the park has in storage,and have a huge convention in the grand ballroom.Have a weekend of it,certain days have certain movies.Don't advertise who, just the movies.BELIEVE ME people will pay for the whole weekend.Even have characters from past attractions,like the Captin Eo aliens,the Country Bears.Or have a Villian/Hero day.WHY HASEN'T A DISNEY EXEC.THOUGHT OF THIS?????

i think that would be a phenomenal idea.. i'd pay for it

do you think disney still keeps all of the costumes?? for instance is the B.E.N. costume from Treasure planet stored at the park somewhere?? who chooses what characters are seen in the park day to day. For instance If I was hired and am the right height to play (all hypothetical) Brer Bear, Baloo, and Captain Hook, can i choose who i want to be that day.. or do they assign who you are going to be??