PDA

View Full Version : Search trip planning assistance on msn [DLR Summer '06]

Willem
01-07-2006, 05:42 AM
Hi there,
I'm a huge Disney Theme Park fan from Belgium. We go to Disneyland Resort Paris at least once a month and visited WDW summer 2004.
Now we started planning a trip to California for next summer. It would be nice to get to know some people who can help us planning and maybe even meet us in CA.

Have a magical day,

Willem

Wendi
01-07-2006, 09:06 AM
You'll find a great wealth of knowlege on this board... we're all Disney lovers and so many people here go to the parks very regularly and are extremely helpful. I'm sure you're going to just LOVE Disneyland!!!

passthepixiedust
01-07-2006, 10:10 AM
From Belgium, Wow ! Well, you've come to the right place ! I swear that there is NOTHING about DL that the people on this board don't know ! When in the summer are you going ? How long do have at the park ? Do you have kids ? What are there ages ?

You'll have a great tip no matter what (how could you not?)

momuvseven
01-07-2006, 02:30 PM
During our last trip Christmas Break 05 I met a man from Belgium. My family is Dutch and I recognised his accent and we began a conversation. He thought Disneyland was the best thing since sliced bread. He was not even bothered by the crowds stating they are nothing compared to Europe. He was like a little kid over the parade and fireworks. So having never been to Belgium I don't know how it is there but apparently Disneyland was a very special experience for this man from Belgium and his friends.
My main suggestion to anyone traveling is to look for a hotel that has some breakfast and that allows you to walk to the park. The buses are fine but it is nice to have the freedom to walk as needed.

Willem
01-08-2006, 04:23 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome!
We're planning to go to California in August. We would first visit LA and Las Vegas for some days, and then move to Anaheim. We were thinking about spending 5 days at the Disney parks.
We planned staying at the Candy Cane Inn. A friend of us stayed there last month and he liked it a lot.
We don't have kids, by the way. And Belgium is a very small country (only 10 million people live here). We live about 30 minutes from Brussels, wich you might know, and 3 hours and a half from Paris, wich is far more important off course. ;)

momuvseven
01-08-2006, 06:43 AM
I have not stayed at the Candy Cane Inn but it has wonderful reviews. It is a very easy walk to and from the park with resturants and shops nearby.

passthepixiedust
01-08-2006, 07:43 AM
Wow, you're livin' my fantasy..... Disney with no kids --sigh.
j/k- I'd probably miss them if I went without them.

So you should be able to do some of the cool "adult things" quiet dinners in Blue Bayou etc. lucky!

Willem
01-08-2006, 09:05 AM
Has any of you stayed in the Candy Cane Inn? How did you like it? Or there other possibilities we should consider?

Yeah, we don't have to watch kids when we're in Disney, but we still have a little child inside of us. ;-)

Some ideas for "adult things" would indeed be nice. Where can we have dinner (maybe with characters at later hours, or are they always crowded?), guided tours, etc. Any ideas are very welcome!