PDA

View Full Version : Storytellers

Pages : [1] 2

mi_mous
01-06-2006, 09:44 PM
I have read mixed reviews on the reviews section, and have searched a lot of the threads, but haven't found the thread on storytellers ( I remember seeing one, but can't find it for some reason.)
Anyways, I was wondering what it is like, and if it is worth it. I have reservations to eat there on the 15th, and I am kinda worried from reading the reviews. It isn't exactly cheap to eat there, and I want to make sure we will have a great time there, since we are only driving up to eat there, and walk around Downtown Disney, and possibly do a build a bear for my daughter. I also am in love with the AP dining pin, and that is another reason we will be up there. So we need to make sure we are eating at a place that you can get the dining pin.
So, what would you recommend? Sticking with the reservations that we have, or changing them to another restaurant?

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
01-06-2006, 09:52 PM
We've always had good luck at Storytellers, the food is pretty good and if you are going for breakfast you can order off the menu and you don't have to do the overpriced buffett.

Minnie66
01-06-2006, 10:30 PM
Not my favorite, and I do think it is overpriced for the quality of food. We found the waiter to be rude and unattentive (sp) and much prefered the food at Gransville's. We wouldn't eat there again.

cstephens
01-06-2006, 10:58 PM
Anyways, I was wondering what it is like, and if it is worth it.

For which meal are you going there? Storyteller's has my absolute favorite breakfast, with the added appeal that you can either order the buffet or order off the menu, so if you're going with other people, you're not forced to order the buffet like you are at most other buffet places. For lunch, I'm not a fan. It's ok, but really just ok. For dinner, I've enjoyed my visits there. I think I've ordered off the buffet every time I've been there for dinner (but be warned that they don't always offer the buffet0, and they have a decent selection of food. I've had friends who have ordered off the dinner menu, and they've enjoyed their dinners as well.

01-07-2006, 12:19 AM
My teen daughters and I loved it so much we ate breakfast there twice in one visit. A year and some later, my daughters still rave about the breakfast, particularly the legendary French toast, the beautiful array of fruit, and the low-key atmosphere.

I've eaten dinner there twice, also. Don't miss the corn soup!

hlbtimes2
01-07-2006, 07:44 AM
We had dinner there in Oct. We found the food to be average, nothing great. The service the night we were there was extremely slow. They warned us, but we didnt expect it to take so long that both kids would fall asleep before getting our food! Dh made 3 trips to through the buffet before MIL and I got our food. Then I asked for mayo for my burger and it took a good 20 minutes before anyone showed up with some. By that time I had eaten the burger dry. I've heard such great things about breakfast that I'll give them another try.

evrythngwmn
01-07-2006, 08:09 AM
Guess it depends when you go and on your server. The couple of visits I've had for dinner have been great. One night we were in a hurry to get to a movie and they were very accomodating and prompt with the food and check. I second the recommendation for the corn chowder. It's da bomb.

Larilyn
01-07-2006, 08:13 AM
I've been once, for lunch. I really enjoyed the food, and everyone in my large group seemed to as well. Our waiter was very friendly and attentive, and I personally didn't think the prices were too unreasonable.

Wendi
01-07-2006, 08:26 AM
I like Storyteller's a lot. I've had breakfast lunch and dinner there on many occasions, we even had a huge birthday party there for about 7 one-year-olds a few years back. I think they have the best breakfast ever... don't miss the french toast!!! It's heavenly!!! Lunch and dinner have always been great, I think the food is very good, and we've had slow service once or twice, but nothing major. I almost always have salmon for dinner, but I've had the pizza too, it's really good and way too big for one person.

The cobb salad is excellent, and the corn chowder is the best I've ever had... ever!

pisces
01-07-2006, 08:41 AM
I have read mixed reviews on the reviews section, and have searched a lot of the threads, but haven't found the thread on storytellers ( I remember seeing one, but can't find it for some reason.)
Anyways, I was wondering what it is like, and if it is worth it. I have reservations to eat there on the 15th, and I am kinda worried from reading the reviews. It isn't exactly cheap to eat there, and I want to make sure we will have a great time there, since we are only driving up to eat there, and walk around Downtown Disney, and possibly do a build a bear for my daughter. I also am in love with the AP dining pin, and that is another reason we will be up there. So we need to make sure we are eating at a place that you can get the dining pin.
So, what would you recommend? Sticking with the reservations that we have, or changing them to another restaurant?

Just go. You will have a great time. If you've never been there, you have to go, if nothing else, to satisfy your curiosity. You're already aware that it is expensive, so there shouldn't be too many other surprises. I would have the dinner buffet (make sure, in advance that they are, in fact, serving a dinner buffet when you plan to be there). It gives you a chance to sample some of their highlight dishes.

mi_mous
01-07-2006, 08:55 AM
Thank you all! We are going at 10 am, so we will be there for breakfast. I think I said I wanted the character meal, so we will be having the buffet, right?
I will just have to go, and I will be sure to post a review here once we do go.

Wendi
01-07-2006, 09:01 AM
At Storyteller's for breakfast, you can choose either the buffet or ordering from the menu. Since the buffet includes drinks (and I usually like coffee PLUS juice) it tends to be a better deal to go for the buffet. Plus you have your choice of everything on the buffet and everything on the menu if it's not on the buffet line (you just ask your server for mickey waffles or pancakes and there's an omelet bar where you can get any eggs made including huevos rancheros.) I think it's a much better value to get the buffet - so much more to choose from, plus you can start eating right away!!! hehehe

CrazyTrain
01-07-2006, 10:08 AM
Ate there for breakfast. Food was OK (banana "stuffed" French toast), the service was OK but the character interaction was PRICELESS! I'd go back there just for that. It was pricey, though, for what we got. If I coulda afforded the buffet, I woulda gotten it.

Minnie66
01-07-2006, 12:04 PM
Don't miss the corn soup!
Much as everything else didn't impress me, you are so right about the corn soup. I had forgotten about it......it is WONDERFUL!

Maus
01-07-2006, 12:47 PM
I've eaten at Storytellers many times, but haven't been in a while. Breakfast is aways great. Love the buffet and the French toast. Lunch last July was not very good but dinner was okay. My new favorite Disney restaurant is Hook's Pointe.

Disney Debbie
01-07-2006, 02:08 PM
It is one of my favorite restaurants to eat at when I visit D/L. The Character Breakfast was wonderful for my birthday in September. The restaurant was not crowded and the interaction with the characters was just memorable.

We have held to parties for lunch there with over 25 guests each time and everyone enjoyed their food. The favorites seem to be the Rosemary Chicken and the Cobb Salad.

I have also heard that the Prime Rib at dinner is very good.

Hope you have a wonderful time and enjoy the experience.

Debbie :cool:

cstephens
01-08-2006, 07:59 PM
Not my favorite, and I do think it is overpriced for the quality of food. We found the waiter to be rude and unattentive (sp) and much prefered the food at Gransville's. We wouldn't eat there again.

Given the price difference between Storyteller's and Granville's, I would hope the food is better at Granville's.

tlovesdis
01-08-2006, 08:09 PM
I've been there twice, once for breakfast and once for dinner. I was not impressed either time. The food was just ok and the service both times was terrible. We won't be eating there again!

nursemelis374
01-09-2006, 06:51 AM
Is the french toast you all speak of offered with the buffet? I am going there next Friday for breakfast and was wondering.

stan4d_steph
01-09-2006, 06:58 AM
Is the french toast you all speak of offered with the buffet? I am going there next Friday for breakfast and was wondering.Yes, the yummy french toast is on the buffet. :)

Matt Hamand
01-09-2006, 08:06 AM
Yes, the yummy french toast is on the buffet. :)
*snorts* French toast. Heh.

Don't listen to these heathens. You want the waffles. Say it with me, waffles. Get the buffet and tell your server to just keep bringing waffles. French toast :rolleyes:

Also the earlier you can get there the better. My wife and I are early risers, so when we stay on property we are usually the first or second people in the door. The walk up line gets pretty long later in the morning. I don't really know what the wait times are but 10:00 might be too late to get a prompt seating without a reservation.

infinite
01-09-2006, 08:48 AM
We have been three times for breakfast. We have ordered the buffet each time. Once we were told Mickey waffles or pancakes were included with the buffet (they were not at the buffet, they brought them to us separately), two other times they were not included.

Anyone else have this happen? Are they usually included when you go, or not?

Not that you NEED them with the buffet, the buffet is huge, but those are some yummy waffles.

mi_mous
01-09-2006, 10:32 AM
I do have a reservation for 10am, so I an hoping there will not be any waiting issues.

SandraVB79
01-10-2006, 05:56 AM
*snorts* French toast. Heh.

Don't listen to these heathens. You want the waffles. Say it with me, waffles. Get the buffet and tell your server to just keep bringing waffles. French toast :rolleyes:

Also the earlier you can get there the better. My wife and I are early risers, so when we stay on property we are usually the first or second people in the door. The walk up line gets pretty long later in the morning. I don't really know what the wait times are but 10:00 might be too late to get a prompt seating without a reservation.

Mickey waffles are the best. Just don't plan on going on Screamin' after you ate 4 of them (+ all the rest of the buffet) :rolleyes: :~D

CarlieB
01-10-2006, 02:20 PM
We ate breakfast there twice on our lastvisit (both times off the menu). A great choice of healthy (and not so healthy!) items, fun yet relaxed atmosphere and good service. I'd definitely recommend it:)