PDA

View Full Version : Straight from the horse's.....

Ghoulish Delight
03-28-2002, 09:41 AM
.... I'll let you decide the body part.

Eisner spoke at Chapman University in Orange yesterday. Besides railing against wide-scale digital movie piracy, he fielded a few questions. One of them was regarding Anaheim's possible 3rd gate. This is what he said (source: msnbc.com)

On Disney's theme-park strategy, particularly the proposed Third Gate in Anaheim: "We've invested a lot of capital in our parks (including the year-old California Adventure). Now we're going to reap the benefits and try to increase cash flow. We're going to hold ourselves back and let these parks mature a bit."

In otherwords, "we've taken a dive with DCA and need to claw our way back into profitability before we can break ground on a new park." Don't expect construction to begin any time soon.

innerSpaceman
03-28-2002, 01:00 PM
Thank goodness. Judging from the lastest examples of what Disney will dish up as a theme park (i.e., DCA and the Paris Studio park), I wouldn't want to see another park constructed in Anaheim till the next Disney renaissance after the reign of Eisner. I think it will be worth the wait, even if I'm dead by then.

Ace
03-28-2002, 02:05 PM
woop woop! maybe they'll wait until the $45 ticket is justafied. so, we'll be seeing the 3rd gate in about 2075, maybe 2074.