PDA

View Full Version : The most special trip ever

kkmickey
01-06-2006, 01:37 PM
My two best friends and I are going to Disneyland on March 1-4 (flying in to Long Beach at 10:45am on the 1st, flying out at 5:25pm on the 4th). This is a very special trip for their 40th and 50th birthdays. We have all been there many times - with our kids, without kids, etc.

I am looking for any unique ideas to make this a once-in-a-lifetime trip. I have some things planned, but hesitate to post them in case one of them reads this! In the past we have watched Fantasmic from the Balcony (I've also done waterfront, but will not do that again - not worth the money, imo). None of us have ever been on a tour. We have eaten many lunches at the Blue Bayou.

Does anyone have any unique ideas to make this THE MOST SPECIAL TRIP EVER? I doubt we will all be going together again until my 50th birthday (in 8 1/2 years). We will go with our families before then, but will not make a trip as the "three Disney princesses", as we like to call ourselves.

I am looking for unique on-site activities, food ideas, etc.

THANKS - I love this board :) :cool: :p ;) :D

Kristin

01-06-2006, 01:46 PM
I'm an old-timer, too, and the thing that would appeal to me is a massage at the GCH spa after a long day in the parks.

DianeM
01-06-2006, 04:25 PM
One thing I think you should definitely do is have your picture taken. Maybe you could all wear tiaras and matching 50th anniversary Disney T-shirts and have it taken by a photographer at the gate. Or do what my family did - we all wore our blue t-shirts, and organized ourselves short to tall on Splash Mountain, and all raised our arms as we went down the slide. The picture was terrific - although we had to ride twice to get the perfect photo. We even bought the larger picture, which has a much more elaborate mat. A picture of all three of you having a great time is something you can all cherish forever.

I am looking for unique on-site activities, food ideas, etc.

THANKS - I love this board :) :cool: :p ;) :D

Kristin

kkmickey
01-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Definitely two good ideas - anyone else????

Disneymomma
01-07-2006, 03:55 PM
Steer the Mark Twain!

Go on a tour!

Go to the Princess Character meal!

Build a bear at DTD!

Buy lots of souveneirs!

potzbie
01-07-2006, 06:33 PM
Steer the Mark Twain!

Dang! -- That was #1 on my list.
(They let guests handle the ship's wheel in the captain's wheelhouse.)

But, I can add one more.
You can be the literally first person (or last person) to arrive via the monorail!

I understand that after 9/11, DL would not let people in the head compartment, but I can tell from personal experience that in 2005, I rode in the front compartment, with the "driver".
Thus the policy is loosed up since 9/11.

I also rode in the tail compartment in 2005.

So, if you can swing it, that would be a memorable experience, I can tell you.

Nancy
01-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Go to NOS and have one of the artists draw all of you together (or you could each be drawn in your favorite princess's costume or Minnie or Tink!!) but only one of you could keep the original. You'd have to have copies made. :)

Swhite
01-09-2006, 03:12 AM
when we went in September, I brought Disney gifts, sweatshirts, etc and put them in a gift bag, with a tag saying "Have fun in Disneyland, love Mickey". I set them in our hotel room late at night.

In the morning, there were presents from Mickey himself! Make sure you make yourself one too! Corny, but fun! Everyone got a kick out of it.

kkmickey
01-09-2006, 12:55 PM
I had already thought of a gift bag, and am already collecting items for it. I LOVE the idea of having them be from Mickey!

Does anyone know the price for a massage at DGC? How late are they open?
Isn't the spa changing over to another owner?

I forgot another one of our favorite things - Apple Fritters in NOS. Yummmm.

I also heard someone once mention Lobster nachos??? Where can we get those?

Keep the ideas coming.