PDA

View Full Version : Priority Seating for shows

jazzysmom
01-06-2006, 10:05 AM
I have never done the priority seating for the shows and they came with my package, and I am wondering what you think about this?

What kind of seats do they give you for Aladdin?

Other than Aladdin, is it even necessary to have priority seating for Bug, Muppets, etc? They have never been very busy when I have been there, so do explain the benefit of this, if you know of one.

I would love to hear your opinions. Thanks!

Niwel
01-06-2006, 10:40 AM
Other than Aladdin, is it even necessary to have priority seating for Bug, Muppets, etc? They have never been very busy when I have been there, so do explain the benefit of this, if you know of one.

I don't think it is neccessary for either show ... they might have the seats in a special section ... or allow you to bypass the line (although there usually isn't one).

Aladdin it is helpful to have one, just so you don't have to wait in line...

asharpcook
01-07-2006, 01:30 AM
We used a Priority Seating in November for Alladin. We had not seen it before and were really excited. We got to the Hyperion 30 minutes before the show, as the PS ticket said, and almost didn't get in. The place was jammed. The CM's were announcing that PS was full, but they did let us in. DH was having a cow thinking we would never get a good seat, and kept tugging on my arm trying to drag me to the front so that we could beat the crowd. Now, this was my birthday trip and I was not about to become one of those nuts who has to be the first into the theater. This was a kid-free trip and I wanted to enjoy it at my leisure. Anyway, they opened all the doors, and we managed to get in the 2nd row under the balcony in the center. They were wonderful seats!! I loved seeing the parade (for want of a better word!) come past us! ;) We had a great time at that show and will go again. However....I will probably get to the theater more than 30 minutes prior to the show next time. I don't know if this is the case with all the PS events. I know it wasn't that bad when ds and I went to Muppet Vision 3-D, but I would rather err on the side of caution than get caught up in a sea of humanity!

kkmickey
01-07-2006, 02:34 PM
If I remember correctly, for Alladin, we went to the ticket kiosk or whatever it is in front of the theater early in the morning and told them which show we wanted priority seating for. They either gave us tickets for that time or put our name on a list, I don't remember. Then when we came back about 30 min before the show, we still waited in line, but we probably would have gotten just as good of seats as if we had come a few minutes later. Priority seating lets part of the line in first.

Now I could be mistaken on any part of this, because my memory is fuzzy since it's been a while.

In any case, priority seating or not, if you have never seen the show, I think it is excellent and definitely worth the time and/or hassle to see it!

Susan L
01-07-2006, 05:23 PM
Our experience with PS for the shows is that it is much to do about nothing. PS for Aladdin is first come first serve so, get there early, earlier then your ticket (which no one bothers to even look at) suggest so you can be first in the doors. You still have to wait in line. Once you get into the building find a seat fast because everyone behind you will push you out of the way. PS for Aladdin also means ground level. We wanted to sit up in the Mezzanine level (if I spelled that right) and they wouldn't let us. Evidently it was only for a special group that day, a group of only 5 people.

Genris
01-08-2006, 03:54 PM
PS for Snow White was good. They walked us right down to the front row, stage left, even though we were in the very back of the crowd. I didn't use it for the muppets. I can't remember if we had it for anything else, except Aladdin.

We tried to use it at Aladdin, about 20 minutes before showtime (after everyone had gone in) and were told it was too late. We were advised to come back 40 minutes before the next showing, to use our priority seating tickets. I thought that was pretty silly. It's always possible to get a decent seat, if you are willing to show up 40 minutes early! What good does the PS do you? :rolleyes:

I'm guessing the PS use for the Aladdin show must outstrip the available seats every time, so it doesn't do you a lot of good. With the Snow White show, they had a couple of rows blocked off for PS holders, and they continued to seat people there during the wait time for the show. They didn't completely fill the section. That seemed like the way a PS voucher should work. Aladdin is obviously in much higher demand. I loved that seat though, because the Darfs come right down off the stage and stand in that area at one point. DH was filming the stage, and didn't realize one was standing right in front of him, until the actor almost stepped on him. :D

That was also in July though, so it might work a lot better at Aladdin when the crowds aren't so big.